Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on October 1, 2014
My granddaughter loves all her Dora DVD'S. She's learning a lot & she's only 22 months. I will get more in the future.
on April 11, 2015
My son is language impaired and Dora targets a wealth of early language concepts that typical children aquire naturally. It targets answering questions, the concept of "favorite", adjectives, comparatives, following directions, prepositions, vocabulary development, and the list go on...I use it with my son daily by pausing on amazon prime and challenging him in the language concepts that he needs to develop. The show also keeps him engaged with the vibrant colors and catchy tunes. It is very repetitive in format from show to show, therefore my son is able to acquire new vocabulary and language concepts more easily. The repetition makes him feel as though he knows what to expect at given times. I think that this allows for a little "break" from learning new concepts. It allows for learning in small increments. I firmly believe that it is enhancing his language development. I am so please to help him understand his world using Dora as a tool.
on December 27, 2014
Let me start by saying that my 4 and 5 year old do like the show, but it is the most mindless, boring show ever. Once you've seen one, you've seen them all. I don't understand why they even seek "interaction" if you could call it that, from the viewer as the show continues regardless, obviously, and my manor conscious children are always interrupted when they are "answering". This doesn't teach anything, certainly nothing positive. The one good thing about the show is the minor amounts of Spanish it teaches, but they could learn more from a Spanish board book. Our kids watch about 30 min of something, about 4 days a week, so I would rather it be an actual educational experience. I know the show is hugely popular, but my personal opinion is that it's a waste of time for all ages.
on June 26, 2015
My daughter loves Dora ... Thanks !!
on September 8, 2015
Both of my daughters love Dora and read several books of her as well! My girls, Pinkie and Ladiebug 6 and 3 have just about everything there is to mention Dora the Explorer
on April 3, 2015
Ajay 3 and Great Grandpa 77 love Dora!
We both learn a lot!
review image
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2014
So glad Amazon Prime offers these for free!! It's all Dora all the time at my house. We love Dora, Boots and Swipper!
0Comment14 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 18, 2014
We purchased this season for our daughter who loves Dora using the Amazon Instant Video app for Wii. We have no issues with play or image etc.

Unfortunately, my husband and I cannot stand Dora. She sets our teeth on edge. But our daughter loves Dora so we put up with the show. I don't feel that my daughter has gotten much educational value from Dora, to be perfectly honest. She's learned more from Ni Hao Kai-lan, Yo Gabba Gabba, Little Einsteins, and Team Umizoomi. I only took off one star for this since Dora is entertaining for toddlers (admittedly the target audience, not parents) and for some reason kids love her.
on April 9, 2013
If you have ever watched Dora the Explorer before, then you know what I am talking about. Dora goes on many adventures that involved counting, directions, shapes, colors and more both in Spanish and English all while encouraging the child to become involved in the story. Throughout the story, however, she gives instructions on how you can "help" her. For example, if she needs to cross a river, she might say. "Oh no! We need to cross the river! To cross the river say CROSS. *pause* Say CROSS! *pause* LOUDER!! Say it again!" After a while I feel that she is just yelling. The kids don't seem to mind, but they don't generally answer her either. However, I know that much of this program "sticks" with them as the other day my 3 1/2 year old son called out to me, "Mommy, I need help. Help! Help! Ayudame!" Many animal friends of Dora get into quite the pickle and call out "help! Help! Ayudame!" The first time we heard him say that we got quite a laugh! So I guess all of her yelling is doing something.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2015
My 2.5-year old kiddo is a huge Thomas fan, and I wanted to introduce something with a strong female character. I wondered if Dora might be a good choice, and he instantly took to it. We've been trying to impart some Spanish, but it wasn't really taking. After watching some Dora, he understands some great age-appropriate vocabulary ("Salta!," "estrellas," "mochila," etc.).

I also appreciate that Dora prompts some response from the viewer, which makes viewing more active. I frequently hear kiddo yelling "Map!" or "Backpack!" or "Swiper, No Swiping!," which always makes me smile.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse