Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

VINE VOICEon June 3, 2011
I'm not so thrilled. The "bunk bed" lives at the foot of my bed so my baby with cerebellar hypoplasia (cerebral palsy) can have a place to snuggle in with the bottom bunk; therefore, I have to move it every week when I change the sheets. The Rooftopper only sits on top, so it tends to fall off both when I move it and when the monsters scratch. I end up getting my finger/s pinched in the hinge several times a month.

I think I'll bolt the roof to the bed with metal plates on both sides so we don't have rude little surprises from this one!

edit: 4 bolts, drilled in through the plastic jobbies that hold the roof to the house itself, work GREAT. No more pinched fingers, and metal plates weren't needed.
on June 14, 2013
At first, I wasn't sure whether or not to order to topper. I am so glad that I did. My cats love to crawl on top of it, scratch on it, and chase toys up and down the incline. I have not had any problems with it falling off of the bunk bed, and my cats have pushed it all over the place while running and jumping onto the surface. It is very sturdy. I would recommend this for someone who wants to give their cats some extra space for playing.
on September 2, 2011
I've had this for about 2 months, and while it looks nice and creates a cozy little space underneath the "roof", my cats have never even attempted to use it as a scratching pad. (They prefer those cheap corrugated-cardboard floor scratchers that leave little bits of cardboard shreds everywhere, go figure. Maybe I'll try rubbing this one with catnip.) There is nothing wrong with the product, but I gave it only 3 stars because it seems to have little value for the cost.
on September 11, 2011
I got this because i have always heard that cats need a place to scratch thats vertical. Its what cats do in the wild and that's why my cats hit up my door frames. This is a great scratcher for them. They have almost quit scratching my door frames. I do have other scratchers but this really fits their need to scratch upright. It is really made of good quality. The only reason i didn't give it 5 stars is because the flap that you attach for the scratching could attach better. My cats love the playpen bottom to this. However my 20 lber sticks out both ends. LOL. I would recommend this and its playpen counter part to anybody with a cat who loves to scratch.
on October 19, 2010
My cat loves to use this in place of our furniture and perches there as if he is on top of the world!
on April 1, 2011
I like the rooftopper, however, My cat hasnt been under it for an extended time...and I had to put him there....so I will update if progress.
on November 24, 2012
Roof came apart while I was putting it in place on the bunk bed portion. I had to reglue it and hope that it will survive our pudgy cat.
on August 25, 2013
My kitten loves it - it's a great place to jump to or from - as well as a place to hang out.
on September 28, 2010
As with all Smart Cat products, this is made VERY well, and made to last! This is an excellent addition to the Smart Cat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom, it simply fits right on top of the Bunk Bed. I highly reccomend both the Bunk Bed and this Roof Topper together. Our cats love them!
on July 14, 2010
I bought the SmartCat Rooftopper for the SmartCat Bunk Bed that we already had. My smaller kitty loves to go up now and sleep on the top of the pillow under the roof. She fits in there perfectly. My husband calls it her Swiss Chalet. Both kitties love the bunk bed by itself and this adds even more uses for it. They enjoy walking on top of the roof too. All the SmartCat toys are so well made.