Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

--words by Linda Perry and sung here by Christina Aguilera

"Beautiful" is one of the most exquisite, uplifting and moving songs I've ever heard. Christina Aguilera handles this song by Linda Perry wonderfully; she sings the lyrics with genuine passion and that's grand.

The musical arrangement, especially with that cello, fits in perfectly with Christina's vocals.

The message of the song is that anyone struggling with a lack of self-esteem should remember that inner beauty counts for quite a lot and that other people's criticism and lack of respect for someone should be ignored as long as they're a good person on the inside.

I highly recommend this song. It's one of Christina Aguilera's best songs ever; just one listen proves it!
on March 6, 2014
I wish I could sing like that. But really, if you just change a handful of words (including beautiful) it really feels like it's telling my own story. Only mine was one from unabashed outward joy of life, to one of sickness that only promised death.

It's been nine years since my body failed me. And I've long since pushed away my friends years ago because I couldn't bear to have them see me so crippled and broken.

But I got a second chance. And now I'm taking back my life with every shred of me that's left.

Yeah. I know the words don't match up with my story. But the music and something in her voice seems to say it anyway.
on July 17, 2011
I believe this recorded version was not up to Christina's full ability. What I'd like to find is a recording or video of her singing this song on, what I think was her first appearance on Saturday Night Live after the song's initial release. Wow! That version was longer than the original version and my girl absolutely showed her full range and magnificant control. I must admit...it brought me to tears.
11 comment2 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2016
This is one of my favorite songs from Aguilera. I love the lyrics, a song about how other people berate some for no other reason except to be mean. I think some of our politicians could learn from this song. Christina Aguilera says it best we are all beautiful, not only the lyrics; but the background music ROX.
on October 22, 2013
This song is a classic that is always uplifting and makes my day better, no matter what is going on at the time. I love Christina, because she is not only a huge talent - she is a real, caring, smart individual. This song, just like the artist, is an inspiration every single day. Love, love, love it!
on November 29, 2012
This is an extremely beautiful song. It is very uplifting and inspiring. The words are encouraging. Christina did an excellent job. I love the lyrics because they were designed for the non traditionally beautiful people. In a world where bullying is a norm Christina brings strength to the weak.
on June 25, 2013
This is a song sung from the heart, and it's easy to follow and uplifts from even the gloomiest dungeon of despair. Aguilera's vocals are earthy but rich with nuance. Enjoy every bit of it, and if you look carefully, you will see me belting it out with her in my car!
on January 2, 2013
Bought this song and added it to an IPOD for my daughter. Every mom should get this song for their daughter, especially if they have a teenager. In today's society with our daughter's always thinking they are fat, we need to tell them they are beautiful.
Eileen
on January 14, 2013
She first caught my eye with Genie in a Bottle, then Lady Marmalade, then Beautiful, then on The Voice. Anybody who's heard Christina do her ad libs and runs knows she can sing the pants off anything. This song makes a beautiful statement.
on October 17, 2013
Christina Aguilera has the most beautiful voice. And this is a beautiful song. The topic she sings about is very necessary for young children (and adults too!). You're beautiful just the way you are. I love this song!