Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 3, 2010
The rolls are the same size as quart bagsthat are pre-made. So i counted the amt. of bags i could make with one roll and compared the prices. Could not believe how much cheaper the rolls are. I just make the bags one day and they are ready when i need them and it does not take more time. I also save a roll for unusual sizes i can make mysef.
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2010
I was happy to find these on amazon. I prefer this size and so many boxes are the multisize. The price for these were very good; better than I found anywhere else. Recommend them and will be purchasing more.
on June 5, 2013
These bags/rolls have very good ratings so I ordered a box of 3 to go with my Foodsaver machine. What could be better than the correct bags? I've been using Rival bags that I buy at Wally World up to now with no problems. Half way through sealing up 16 pounds of beef patties and 1 lb blocks, I switched to the Foodsaver bags and they DON'T WORK! It's too late to call Foodsaver tonight so their ears will be burning until tomorrow morning! Absolutely no vacuum is drawn on the bags. The machine just creates a vacuum in its chamber and switches to 'seal' mode. Tried it a half a dozen times to no avail. Never, ever again. I can't see any obvious reason for this other than the bags seem excessively thin but there is a rough surface on the inside of the bag so they should seal.

I'll give Foodsaver one try to make things right and see if they have any customer 'service'. If not, good ole amazon will refund my money! Back to WalMart to stock up on bags!

UPDATE: Called Foodsaver and explained several times what was happening but the rep couldn't believe their bags didn't work. Only when I gave her the lot number of the rolls did I hear a sigh and an offer to send me 3 replacement rolls at no charge. No, I'm not going to send my rolls back to Amazon for a refund! I'll keep them and use them as lunch bags or to seal stew or other liquids where I can't use vacuum. It will probably take me a year to work them off. I give Foodsaver credit for decent customer service.
99 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2013
These rolls are the only way to go. I make my own bags and these seal and cut easily in my FoodSaver(tm) sealer. The size is perfect for the size and quantity of meats that I seal. I can easily get 16 oz steaks, pork chops, or a couple of pounds of hamburger in these bags depending on how long I cut them. I prefer this size over any other size bag and buying them in a 3 roll pack provides cost savings that I don't get anywhere else. I do recommend them.
on April 2, 2011
Great price and free shipping, good value. These bags are sufficient thickness and quality, they work quite well. I like that you can get all one size, if that works for you, instead of an assortment where you may get a size that you do not need. I have ordered these 8" wide bags and the 11" wide bags and they really meet our needs.
I would recommend them.
on February 2, 2011
I have a Seal a Meal that was given as a gift, but I prefer to use Food Saver bags in it because they are of much higher quality and seal just as well. Great product!! This size is very versatile as well.
on November 18, 2014
These are the best vacuum bags on the market for consumers. Between the FoodSaver vacuum machine and the FoodSaver bags the combine to hands down make my best kitchen investment ever. Over the past 30 years or so I've tried a few of the other cheaper vacuum sealers and bags designed for consumers and none come close to the FoodSaver brand. Don't just buy it, but learn from my mistakes and don't waste your time trying other cheaper brands. This is one very true example of you get what you pay for.
on August 16, 2014
I purchased the 11" rolls with this. I wanted a smaller size for smaller things (duh). I have no problems with the 11" rolls, but I do with these. I am not sure if I got a bad batch but I can't get these to keep a seal. Sometimes, I can't get them to seal at all. But mostly they seal, but they usually lose the seal within 24 hours or less - kind of defeats the purpose. I haven't tried resealing the sealed sides it starts with, I didn't want to have to do all that, but I guess I will until they are gone and stick with the 11" after that.
on November 13, 2014
I bought these to use for individual storage of pork chops, chicken breasts, hamburgers, etc. While the size holds a single piece of meat, there is problem getting the machine to pull a complete vacumm on the bag. In many cases the machine will seal a bag that still contains a considerable amount of air. I have adjusted big size and position, nothing helps. The 11 inch bags work without issue on my machine.
on October 3, 2013
Most flexibility for sizes of use. Great for salmon fillets and other long pieces, like tenderloins. If you carefully trim the flesh, fish will keep for a year or more. Very convenient for thawing as well--no leaking in the fridge! You will probably want to have the 11" as well for 4 serving portions or roasts. When the fish are "in" here, our store sometimes runs out of Food Saver supplies, so it's good to know I can order them and always have some on hand. The 8" quart bags are faster to use if you are processing a lot at once.