Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on March 28, 2009
Some may think this song is for 'tweens' only and dismiss this because it's 'Disney' and from the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack. Personally, I couldn't care less that this girl is only 15 or 16 or whatever she is...all I know it that I get chills every time I listen to this song.

Sure, it's cliche in a way, and obviously written to be a commercial success. But, the songwriters here have done a fantastic job of crafting an extremely inspirational tune...I love the fact you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the message of keeping the faith, battling through our struggles and never giving up. It hits me right in the gut and the heart.

It starts soft with just piano and Miley's vocal and builds to a soaring chorus with full instrumentation. Although I've never liked a Miley Cyrus song before, she excels this time around and leans toward her country roots, passionately and sincerely delivering the message in a way that can make a 42-year-old man like myself almost tear up. Laugh at me all you want, but before you do, really give this song a good listen, because I believe many can and will be inspired by "The Climb".
55 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2009
I don't write reviews. Mainly because the other reviews are to the point. One of the reviewers said that they got chills when they listened to this song. I know exactly what they mean. This song makes you look deep at yourself and lets you look forward to your own "clime"!
on June 30, 2014
inspiration song that reminds me ...to NEVER stop moving ...and in continuing to move we allow ourselves the freedom to explore NEW avenues and road that our soul has waiting for us....surrender and trust in you soul....release what does not align with you ..THE TRUE YOU THAT YOU ARE...allow whatever is in your life to be a TEACHER to you...just STOP STOP ...and FEELING ....your life, your circuimstances and WHO you are bring with YOU on your path....do all things around you SUPPORT you ..and who you really are....peace and love on your journey home to yourself.....
on August 12, 2012
This song is very meaningful because of people who need to remember the worth of thier life. Thanks, and I really am not a fan of Hannah Montana but can cross the span of many years. Beautifully performed.
on July 7, 2012
The music was fine but I was disappointed when I couldn't use it in the slide for my stepping up ceremony for the children I teach and their parents. This song is protected it seems. However, the message in this song is great and a wonderful encouragment especailly for the population I work with. Please buy this song. I cried when I first heard it and I also pray that others would find this song meaningful as well.
on May 18, 2009
Miley Cyrus' "The Climb" is surprisingly good. After her lifeless take on Cyndi Lauper's "Girls just wanna have fun",it's nice to hear Miley Cyrus following in the footsteps of her mulleted father, Billy Ray. The lyrics are catchy and inspiring. True, it's country lite, but it's still a decent song. It's not sappy and Disneyesque. It's about going through life's struggles. Considering how many people are struggling now, people can relate to it. It's worth the climb!
on January 8, 2015
Orlando, Florida (year 2009 via local radio) was where and when I first heard the song The Climb by Miley Cyrus. From my perspective, the climb by miley cyrus is a metaphoric song about embracing the journey towards life changes as well as the results, I also like the uplifting lyrics that accompany it where the message implies that it is fine if the dream/dreams take longer than planned to materialize and to be open to whatever is awaiting on the other side.
on April 13, 2013
My mother called me one day. She was trying to tell me about a wonderful new song, but she was never good with lyrics or telling an artist by voice alone. It would be a month before I heard Miley's single on the radio for myself, and I was floored.

To someone who grew up with physical disabilities, this song brought tears. I reviewed my "mountains" that I'd made it through. I thank God for my mother by my side for all those uphill climbs.

Now, I'm on the other side of the most recent mountain. Mom has passed away. I nursed her until the end.

For this review, I listened to Miley sing again, and I had not had the heart to hear such a song of encouragement in a long time. I need to play it every day. It will remind me that I can keep going. Mom is still here, even if I can't touch her, and God is always here.

I have a collection of impowering songs. This one had to be included.

Artist: Miley Cyrus
Date: 2009
Track: #8 from

Hannah Montana The Movie

Other songs of encouragement:

Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)

You Gotta Be

When God-Fearin' Women Get The Blues

If You're Going Through Hell (Before The Devil Even Knows)
on February 14, 2015
For some reason my Wife really likes this song. I don't even know why I bought it. This song is really annoying. At least Let it go is actually a good song, but this one wasn't even good the first time around
on October 19, 2012
I had heard this song on the radio for a while and had no idea Miley Cyrus sang it. Great song that sums up some of the trials we all face in our daily lives. I decided to rate it after I read the review from the person who gave it one star just because they don't like Miley Cyrus.