Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on September 11, 2011
I rarely leave 1-star ratings. This review will probably get lost in the numerous reviews and "disappear".

My adorable dog isn't a huge chewer, but he kept chewing this product. He started playing with this toy less than 24 hours ago. I noticed some green dye on the towel he was lying on. I was a bit disturbed but then thought it was no big deal.

He looked so cute with his toy - I was delighted. He also loved the squeakers.

A few minutes ago, I looked down and I noticed he's EATING something while chewing on this toy. If you look closely at the picture, you will see that at the tips of the feet and at the top of the gator is a very thin material that represent toes and fins(?). The teeth are the same way. He was eating the toes. The material is VERY thin. Again, he's not a big chewer. This is a cheap product that uses cheap dye. It is not durable. After noticing the missing fin, I noticed a tooth was missing on the gator. Apparently he had eaten one of those, too.

If you want a squeaky toy, buy the squirrels. I've had them for MONTHS (I bought two) and not one has broken down yet and there are no small easy to eat bits of material. The material is not really that fit for eating if it does come off. My dog tore one of the houses apart, but he didn't eat the insides like he did with this toy.

At the VERY least, please cut off the toes, the fins and the teeth before giving this toy to your dog.
1212 comments319 of 348 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2010
Mini our Rat Terrier LOVES this toy!!! She usually rips through toys from the grocery store in a matter of minutes, disembowling them of all squeakers, and then moves on. Watch my video review, she even looks up and smiles at the end. Thank you Kyjen for a GREAT dog toy!
66 comments150 of 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2009
Similar to my other reviews I want to note that if your dog tears up plush toys this isn't for you. It's not a super tough toy in that regard. But it is one of my dogs absolute favorites!!! It has squeakers all along it's body! My dog always just chews on the squeaker and chews on the squeaker until it doesn't squeak anymore. In this case, there are SO many squeakers if one dies from playing there is still plenty of squeak options left! It's also big and floppy. The body lays pretty flat like a towel so my dog just whips his head around and plays with it like he's tearing it up then he goes back to squeaking it. It's pretty funny watching him flip it around. It has withstood some light tugging action between my two dogs, but nothing to rough. I highly recommend this toy!
11 comment54 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2014
Within 30 minutes the head was ripped off and 2 of the "squeakies" were missing from the body... and the head holds a tremendous amount of stuffing. Our dog LOVED playing with it, but it is definitely not a durable toy. Contrary to the product description the toy does NOT hold up well to shaking.

Update:
It's been a few weeks and the headless body is holding up pretty well. 8 of the 16 "squeakies" remain in the torso section and Jasper still loves playing with it.
on September 25, 2012
The stuffed animal was larger than I thought - maybe 2 feet long and 4-5 inches wide. My 43 lb, 6 month old puppy destroyed it the first evening after it came in the mail. I'm not saying it was poorly made being that puppies are tenacious at their destructive skills. All the the stuffing in the head was pulled out, the eyes were plucked off, most of the squeakers were destroyed. The good news - she had a lot of fun doing it.
on December 26, 2012
My dog, a three year old lab mix, LOVES this toy. I bought the gator one last Christmas and it lasted about 6 months....a record for her. She tears up the KONG toys pretty quickly, but this holds up pretty well. She has been able to chew 2 of the squeakers out, but that is not unusual for her to do to any toy.
on November 30, 2011
Excellent dog toy, even for big chewers! My dog loves squeaky toys but she is an Alaskan Malamute who is tough on toys. She can destroy a toy in record time but not this one. She loves it. Amazon has the best dog toys.
on January 21, 2011
We all want to please our animal friends. My little dog loves toys. She lit up for this one. Carries it everywhere. It even looks cute laying around the house. Great squeakers to interact and play with. Made well. We love it. I will buy more.
on April 11, 2015
Kyjen promotes 'chew guard' for aggressive chewers--- after less than an hour of chewing and playing the poor gator has died . While it does still squeak, it no longer has its cute teeth or any fluff 😔 note to kyjen, test with Rottweiler puppies 😂👎
review image review image
on October 8, 2012
After reading some of the reviews on the Gator, I am relieved that I chose the Cow instead. My maltese had to snuggle with his new Cow the first night he got it... and it has become a new favorite for him. :) Have had no problems with it so far ~ and I even cut off the black Loop that it had on it's head ( for safty ). Didn't want my dog chewing on the loop. Will update if need be ~ but as of right now, I recomend the Cow!