Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on November 9, 2009
This litter box is wonderful. my cat is larger than most cats he weighs at least 20lbs but he is not fat, just large. He doesn't fit in normal size litter boxes. Because of his size, in a normal litter box, he ends up hanging his butt over the edge and missing the box when he does #2 even though he is standing in the box.

My cat also likes to scrape his paws on the rim of the litter box and it gets very loud. On this litter box however, the rim is rounded so he doesn't make noise when he scrapes his paws on the rim of the box.

i recommend this litter box to anyone with a large cat, as well as anyone whose cat also has an annoying habit of scraping the rims of the box to cover their mess.
55 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2009
I bought this litter box because I needed a higher box to accommodate my Kitties bathroom habits. She insists on standing up to do #2 and most times "it" would land outside the box. This litter box does the trick, but I need to find a pooper scooper that is rounded, like this litter box.
on December 22, 2009
I thought it would be bigger. It's a bit of a pain to scoop it...because of the roundness but my cats love it. That's all that matters anyway.
on August 16, 2010
Many litter boxes have been used and discarded over the 19 year lifetime of my Siamese. This seems to be her favorite of all time. Add Precious Cat litter (also purchased at Amazon) to the box and things could only get simpler if the cat could scoop it herself:) I read all the reviews of people not being happy with having to use a square scoop as it didn't work well in this particular box, and wishing someone made a round one...well, gee folks, Amazon has a couple of really great scoops that are rounded and work really well with this box. Check them out!
on May 23, 2011
I purchased this litter box when we adopted 3 young cats in February 2011. I've been using it for a few months and am for the most part satisfied with it. I like the color, it's a nice change from the standard beige box. It's a good size, and the plastic material discourages stuff from sticking on the sides. I also have a Petco extra large box that is a standard shape; I have to wash it more often than the SmartCat. My cats use both boxes, but use the SmartCat more often. The only problem is that they are very enthusiastic with their litter scratching, and with the lower front lip they do manage to spray litter on the floor if they are scratching in that direction. But that is a problem with all litter boxes I've owned, no matter what the manufacturers promise.

Overall, this box is excellent. My cats like it, it is easy to clean, and it stays clean.
on March 7, 2011
After adopting a new cat, we discovered she liked to poo right on the edge of the standard litter boxes, which often resulted in poo laying on the floor outside the box. I purchased two of the SC Ultimate Litter Box in hopes of resolving the problem. I also purchased this box because it was the largest high-sided box I could find, and my other cat is a big Maine Coone mix who doesn't fit well in the small boxes.

Results: This box has mostly alleviated the poo-outside-the-box problem thanks to its high sides. I do wish the font entry was slightly higher, because sometimes my cat will decide to poo there and it sits right on the edge of the box(I do use liners though)! Also, these boxes are smaller than expected. The measurements listed include the outside lip of the box, which adds an extra couple of inches of unuseable space to length and width. However, they do work and both cats have been using the boxes just fine.

In summary, the litter box does serve its purpose (in my household anyway), but I wish the boxes were a bit larger and had a slightly higher edge in the front near the entry.
on November 17, 2010
Around 6 months ago, I bought the "ergonomic" kitty litter box, and just now set it up for my Ginger. Well, no more stuff stuck to her behind. I happened to see what she was doing right.

SHE STANDS UP ON THE ROLLED EDGE OF THE BOX, AND LETS THE POOP FALL ONTO THE LITTER! This is at a near-vertical position, so there's almost no chance of it sticking! I sure hope she continues that. She noticed how upset I was last time she had it smeared throughout the house; I even locked her out of my bedroom to keep her off the bed till she cleaned herself!

I highly recommend it...its rolled edges all around are a good deal!

ALSO, easy for me to handle it; I'm in a wheelchair. Kinda pricey, but well worth it to avoid the usual hassles of stuff dropped in the house.

*********************************************************************************

UPDATE: MY Maine Coon LITTLE GINGER DIED ON 6-30-11, from a stomach tumor complicated by FeLV...I didn't know she had it...she was only 5! I just got Savannah. After cleaning it up, I found that she also LOVES this box!
66 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2010
Love it ... Being that the sides are tall, my cat doesn't kick out as much litter as before. It holds more litter so he has plenty of room to dig. In the old box my cat would sometimes dig to the bottom, wet and bury it. I would then have the fun task of trying to release the lump without breaking it so not to soil the remaining litter and keep it fresh. I don't have that problem any more because of the amount of litter that this box holds. I also don't have to constantly replenish the lost litter that used to be kicked out during the burial ritual.
on March 8, 2014
This pan looks great on here but turned out to be a huge nightmare. First, so you have an idea of how much litter it will hold, I put one jug of tidy cat lightweight in there and it came up to the edge in the front. So this can only handle 1 job of litter at time. I decide that would be fine if it was a great pan. Well the day after i put it all together, I woke up to find a mound of litter outside the pan with some fun surprises on top. I cleaned it up, chalking it up to being a new pan and thought my cats were curious. Day 2, this thing was like the sinking Titanic. It was on its side, with half the litter and contents on the floor. I don't know what's going on, but clearly this thing isn't stable. I have larger cats, 15 -20lbs, but come on!! i have had cats all my life and various litter pans and this has never happened to me. Save yourself the hassle and buy a different pan!!
review image review image
on January 4, 2012
I purchased this expensive cat box. When it came, I liked it ok, especially the color. My cats seemed to like it ok also. I got a few uses out of it, but last week when I was cleaning it (I normally take catboxes outside and use dish soap and waterhose to clean them well) the thing busted easily, with a big hole in the side. It should have been way more durable. I wasn't treating it rough either. Very disappointed and won't be ordering another one. Maybe if the price was less than $15 I would reconsider.