Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 26, 2010
All three of my dogs love these bones and will chew on them for hours. Unfortunately my ten month old Chesapeake Bay Retriever has figured out how to pop the ends off and then he chews off big chunks of the orange center. I did speak to customer service at Nylabone and was told the ends should not come off. I have since sent two samples in for r and d testing. Nylabone also said they would replace the bones. If your dogs are very powerful chewers keep an eye on them. Three weeks after returning two of these bones to Nylabone I received six replacements. Three of one type and three of another. As a longtime purchaser of Nylabone products I wholly recomend this company. Mojo is overjoyed to have his favorite chew toy back.
22 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2011
Having had pit bulls for years, I know from experience that providing something that they cannot chew up or try to swallow whole in just a few seconds has been expensive and tedious. I would buy the largest other brand chew bones and they would still devour them....even tug toys. I was introduced to Nylabone when I "sat" for someone's dog's while they were gone. They had had the smaller, thin Nylabone for YEARS. After 3 years, it was finally down to a two inch nub. (Granted time that it would get lost here and there). I selected the Dental Chew because it was thick and states besides cleaning the teeth, it would satisfy their chewing desire as one was chewing up her bed blankets. After several weeks,the Dental Chew Nylabone shows evidence that it is has been chewed on but it is still 100% in tact! I expect this one to last years also.
on January 28, 2014
My dog became very sick after eating a Nylabone chew toy with red sections. All of the Nylabone chew toys I bought came from China, and I won't buy them anymore. That said, she has a few Nylabone chew toys without any dyed parts on them, i.e. whitish bones, and has not gotten sick from them. So I haven't thrown them out. However, as for future ingestible chew toys, I'm sticking to American-made products. NOTE: Nylabone Healthy Edibles treats (not chew toys) are made in the U.S., and my dogs love them.
on February 14, 2012
Just as a warning, unlike most other Nylabone products, this bone is made in China. I don't buy any chew toys made in a country without regulatory standards (China) and therefore will be returning this item. Big let down.
22 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2010
My little dachshund/maltese mix has destroyed many of the chew toys I have brought for her to gnaw at. Gladly, so far, this product has withstood her eager efforts to chew it to pieces (and she's had it for about two weeks now). Until I brought her the nylabone dinosaur a few days back, this was her favorite chew toy - now it's her second favorite.

I prefer offering my dog nylabone products to chew, rather than a hard bone because I believe they are safer for her. I appreciate not having to worry that she might eat small pieces that might cause her a stomach upset or worse. The product does not leave a mess of little pieces all over the floor after she's been chewing on it. Something to watch for - when I first gave my dog this toy, after she'd had it for about an hour, she chewed one of the edges into a sharp point and caught her mouth on it. It made her bleed a little. To ensure the toy remained safe, we filed the sharp edge away and gave it back to her. We have had no problems with the toy since then.

I am going to give the Nylabone Pro Action Advanced K-9 Dental Device - Medium three stars for two reasons: Firstly, because the edge became sharp and cut her slightly, and secondly because my dog doesn't really seem to enjoy gnawing at the middle (orange) portion of the toy. She likes the nylabone dinosaur much more, so when she needs something new to chew on, I will buy her another one of those instead.
on March 28, 2014
Received one a few months ago which had glued ends, this one the ends swivel (using only 1 finger) and feel like they could be easily chewed off.

Called nylabone to complain and they said I have to ship the bone to them at my expense (they don't reimburse shipping nor do they provide a shipping label).

1 Star for lack of quality control and POOR customer service they were very short and said I could send it at my expense or deal with it. My dog is big $, no way will I let him play $10 defective bone and possibly choke on the ends.
on July 1, 2015
I gave this to my dog ( terrier mix) and she started shredding the middle in 5 minutes. Literally. I took a pic before I gave it to her and after 5 minutes (timestamped). If this is nothing to worry about...great, and I will change my review. But if a toy says "for powerful chewers" I guess I wasnt expecting this so fast.
review image
on May 23, 2014
I really like these chew toys. I didn't think my dog would actually like them because they're hard as rock, but the second I hand it to her starts gnawing away and is occupied for hours. I would have given this 5 stars but there's a few little things I don't like.

For one, these aren't meant to last very long. It says right on the packaging that it needs to be replaced once little plastic pieces start coming off. This would be fine if my dog chewed more evenly. She tends to bite on one corner and never touches the other sides, so we end up having to buy another one fairly quickly. And they aren't cheap when you have to buy them regularly.

The other thing I don't like is the side that has little dots. As soon as my dog starts chewing on one of those sides, I'm super afraid she's going to cut her gums. The bumps get really sharp really fast even when the rest of the toy still looks brand new. The other ridges and styles work fine, just wish they wouldn't use those dots.

Also, the middle orange part is just a waste. I've never once seen my dog chew on the middle so it really seems pointless.

Overall, it will definitely keep your dog occupied for hours. Just keep in mind that its not meant to be chewed on forever. You'll have to buy another one pretty soon.
on January 30, 2015
We have two large dogs, a Yellow Lab and her brother a Golden Retriever who love these bones. We buy them each a new one at Christmas and they chew on them all year without actually destroying them. Now we have 4-5 around the house and every day the dogs spend time chewing and playing with them. I got a pair for $8 each on Amazon which is almost $6 less(each) than they sell for at the "pet" stores. They do help clean their teeth also.
on November 19, 2011
We continue to buy this chew toy for our dog because he loves to chew and play. He'll chew it everyday, sometimes he wants to play with it, then he'll fall asleep on it. He picks it up, tips his head back so that gravity keeps the chew toy in his mouth while he chews. Pretty smart dog! It's one of his favorites so he's getting another one for Christmas. I recommend it to any dog-lovers who have dogs that chew and who wants their dogs to keep their teeth clean. :)