Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

• Shape
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$1.50

on July 13, 2010
I love Shape and I've been reading it forever..but kindle edition is missing everything..no recepies, some articles are missing, no pictures, I was disapointed and cancelled the subscription..besides it's cheaper just to get a paper one.
11 comment|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2010
The kindle version does suffer because of the lack of full color pictures, however the absence of ads kinda evens it out. I get frustrated with the print version because I constantly have to flip past pages and pages of advertisements.. I find that I am able to read a lot more of the actual content now.
on August 7, 2010
I receive most monthly health magazines in print. Have for years. I consider myself an avid reader of everything- books-mags-newspaper.
Curiosity made me download a issue of Shape. I am in a new kind of reading heaven. No advertisements! No subscription cards! No crap! No dead trees!
Just good info, easily scanable & readable. I highly recommend you try a issue! I am a convert for life.
on March 4, 2011
I live in China so having a "print" subscription to any USA publication is a pain, delivered late and difficulties with the local post system here made give up all print subscriptions as it was such a bother. Now with my Kindle I can subscribe, receive and read it in the season it was intended for! I love the eVersion - easy to read, no adds, and I can highlight and take notes on articles/passages I want to reference again in the future. The images are crisp and easy to follow - it's not in color which I don't mind, but others might. As other reviewers have stated, without the adds and other images that fill the print version, you really focus on the content.
on March 6, 2012
I used to have a print subscription to Shape and I love this magazine. Unfortunately, the kindle format is very difficult to read. Pictures are missing and one of my favorite parts of this magazine, the workouts, are not clear because the text and pictures do not match up like they do in the paper format. I'll stick with paper until the kindle format improves.

Update- my original review was of the magazine as read on a kindle app on an android tablet. I have since purchased a kindle fire and have read the magazine on that. It is just like the paper copy. Easy to read and I love that I am able to save past issues without ending up with a stack of magazines taking up space in my house
on November 5, 2012
Love being able to buy the single editions of Shape for 99 cents and not have to buy a paper subscription to get the electronic version-why would I want two copies of the same thing?!! I wish more magazines offered the single edition, electronic only option. I was surprised at how well this reads on my iPad: the first edition I bought I borrowed a friend's paper copy to compare and every single page was the same so nothing is lost to the electronic version. The colors are sharp, the print is bold and crisp. I did try to view it on my kindle fire (1st generation) and while the colors were equally bold it was harder for me to read due to the smaller screen-you can make it larger but then you have to scroll to see the whole page, a less desire able reading experience. This may not be an issue with the newer generation of Fire products. I am very pleased and will continue to purchase this way as long as it remains available at this price.
on September 15, 2011
I just downloaded the Kindle edition for my iPad. I have to say it is phenomenal. No dead trees, plenty of pictures, great recipes. Now, this is exclusive for the color Kindle editions found on the iPad or Android devices. It is not for the regular Kindle. I have to say that more health and fitness magazines need to follow in Shape's footsteps. I am thrilled.
on February 20, 2011
I love this magazine. It has so much useful amd encouraging information and it really is worth it. If you are the type that just gets the magazinefor the pictures, this isn't a good buy for you.
on March 4, 2013
I absolutely love SHAPE. I have been a subscriber for years and love reading the motivational articles. They also have great new workouts in every edition so it helps me change up my routine when I need to. I used to get the magazine in the mail and swithced over to the Kindle for Adroid version about a year ago. It is not exactly like the magazine and there are some hic ups, but overall it is pretty easy to read. The pictures don't always match the text, but it's easy enough to follow along. I read it more for the articles anyway so it works out fine for me. It's easy and convenient for me to carry anywhere and makes it easy to read while I'm on the treadmill. It's one of the only magazines I'm interested in that is available on Kindle for Android so I'm hoping more will be available soon. Another good thing about the Kindle version is that you don't have all of the advertisements and extra junk card that come along with the print magazine. Overall I love it!
on October 17, 2013
I read it in 1 go It was wntertaining, informative and easily digested I am not a big supporter on the celebrity angle - that is one article per celebrity is enough for me . The rest was short and sweet with enough useful information.