Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on November 23, 2011
I have a set of these cutting boards. However most boards need proper care. Never put them in the dishwasher. I clean mine with a qt size spray bottle with 1/2 teaspoon bleach in it. I spray the board then sprinkle my cheapest salt on the board and then scrub rinse with warm water and then dry well with a towel. After dry once a week I wipe them down with food grade mineral oil on a cloth wash cloth. Not to worry as they have mineral oil in every grocery store or drug store. This will keep all of your cutting boards in good shape. I use certain boards for meat and others for veggies. I write with a marker on the side so I am never confused which is which. They will last for years and years. I have a board that was my Great Grandmothers that I use for veggies only and it still is a good board. I also have a board that I use for making bread pizza dough an pastries. This set I use for fish and one for sandwiches, one for one meat. They say we should do this and that is why I bought this set. Thinking of getting a few more sets to give as gifts. Hope this helps everyone.
77 comments|356 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2011
I had never used bamboo cooking boards...so I used it for the first time...and the wood started peeling off! I washed it...and it shed worse. So I did some investigation. You have to cure the wood with mineral oil. When I say have to...I actually mean HAVE TO. BEFORE USE and often for the first month. Monthly after that. Wood is better for knives, which is why I got them, but be prepared. Use the mineral oil on it....before you use it.

Follow up: Over a year later...

I've had these for over a year now. They are doing well and holding up well. The first month was a little bit of work...but you can tell when they are starting to dry out and need to be re-oiled, I don't find it to be very high maintenance. I researched and from what I discovered, mineral in the drugstore section is the same things as the expensive ones made for curing bamboo. So I buy the cheap stuff and it works just fine. Just be sure to not leave the board submersed in water(my daughter did that on accident and the board warped, after a couple months it dried out and flattened again), and wipe off the extra oil after curing it.
4141 comments|390 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2015
Aweful.. I have six and they are all warped
review image review image
on January 17, 2015
The medium-sized board split after 2 days. The bamboo boards are dry and thin - I got a splinter using it the first week. I would not recommend buying this product.
review image
11 comment|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2010
We bought these and were pretty excited to get them. We are always cutting fresh vegtables and fruit and ended using these daily for a few days. We loved the handles and strudiness. However, after washing them a few times, they began to crack and spilt. Then they even deformed so they didn't lay flat. We ended up having to return them. I do agree with another customer review that the smallest cutting board is too small to really do anything with also.
1313 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2011
I purchased these 2 months ago and am so glad I did! I was nervous after reading the mixed reviews, and waited to write this until I'd owned and used them for awhile. The boards come with instructions to oil them 3 times a week for the first month and weekly thereafter so the wood is seasoned. Not having the suggested mineral oil, I used vegetable oil I had in the cabinet, and a light coating on all 3 boards took about 5 minutes. Being busy, after the first week I only did it a couple of times a week, and after a couple of weeks that dropped to once a week and then maybe once every other week. The boards are handy, sturdy, and a pleasure to use. I haven't seen a single problem other reviewers have mentioned. I don't have a dishwasher, so I just wash these off right after use, let them air dry, and put them away. I give a 4 star rating since they do require some special care initially and periodically. Glad I bought them, if you're wanting to try bamboo boards I think these are good and well worth it.
on April 15, 2011
After a single use all the third boards started peeling off. Even when mineral oil was applied they continued to have small fibers coming off. I returned them.
on August 19, 2015
first week, everything like good.
second week,some crack for middle and big board.
third week, the handle of middle board has broken.
fourth week, the big split to two, we got more one board,lol
we will buy next board must made by wood.
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 4, 2011
I requested these for Christmas and was excited to get them. Unfortunately after a few days of use for fruits and veggies they already show lots of wear. I did not put in the dishwasher, just gave a quick rinse, patted dry with a towel and set in my drying rack to air dry. Maybe it's the acid from the fruits and veggies that caused the splintering?
on July 17, 2015
Disappointed after so many positive reviews to find out that after the first wash started peeling flakes on the food. I'll be returning this product now, but situation forced me to be creative and getting something better for an awesome price $13.90 ( Home Depot) and think outside of the box. That's why I'm giving a second star.
review image review image