Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 6, 2011
Purchased for my 5 year old son. He loves it. Very well constructed for the $$. Easy to move, once you've done it once. Easy to put together, minus the !##@!@#*&^ plastic that's inside one of the poles!!!!! Still not sure it's purpose other to make me string together multiple cuss words. Would recommend more expensive model if planning on any dunking. Also would use water in base instead of sand because it took longer to fill than to assemble. I would say great for ages up to 9 or 10. Would definitely recommend to friends.
on November 5, 2010
Perfect for my 7 year old son. Easy to roll in and out of the garage. Used sand in the base and it is very sturdy.
on April 5, 2011
Purchased for my soon to be 4 year old grand son and almost 9 year old grand daughter. The 4 year old absolutely loves it. He can use it on the first setting using a light weight ball. The hoop is a little too high for him to use a regular basketball. He wants to play with it all the time. This system will grow with him for many years. The almost 9 year old needs the hoop higher and enjoys it because she is a basketball player and this has a regular size hoop. Very sturdy with filled base. Glad I purchased this one instead of a cheaper model. Good value.
on December 5, 2013
Absolutely great! We did much research before we bought this last Christmas. Our son loves basketball and at first we wondered if would be too high at 7 feet, but he has actually learned to shoot well. We have it at the lowest setting and are excited it will grow with him. It is well made and doesn't fall over. This was an excellent buy for us and will get much use. Just the top and bottom are plastic. The hoop is well made and the pole is metal. A great purchase. Was the cheapest price at Amazon.
on August 25, 2015
I have bought 4 of these over the past three years. I have one in my basement, one in my garage, and one at my parents' house. I bought it for my three-year-old son who is now six years old. It's the perfect size for learning basketball, and the slightly smaller rim is perfect for a 27.5 or 28.5 ball, although at regulation 29.5 ball fits fine too. I love them.

More interesting, however, is that the fourth one I bought we use as a poolside basketball hoop on family vacations to the Outer Banks. It did, however, take a little ingenuity to make it the right height for a pool. I did not install the bottom pole section and used the middle section as the base pole. I drilled a hole on each side of the middle section, ran a bolt horizontally through the pole, and then attached another bolt vertically to the middle of the horizontal bolt using a T-fitting. The vertical bolt runs through the inside of the pole down through the hole in the large plastic base, with a washer and bolt keeping it attached to the underside of the plastic base. I then had to also drill one hole on each side of the middle section so I could run a bolt horizontally through the pole to attach the two support posts on either side of the pole. It works fantastically and the basketball backboard and rim are the perfect size for playing basketball in a pool. We toss all the pieces into the rooftop cargo carrier, and they fit in a pretty small space. I attached a pic of us playing pool ball last month.
review image
on December 2, 2013
This hoop was inexpensive and my kids love it. My 5, 8 and 11 year old all use it, isn't to heavy to move around even when it's filled (we used water). I was a little disappointed in that one wheel didn't fit right until I removed some plastic from the base, I believe it was formed wrong. But a small sacrifice for a great piece of equipment. Also, when it rains, it fits in the garage for the kids to use.
on February 19, 2011
We were having hard time finding a sturdy good product, that can be played by 4 to 9 year old kids. This one has just the right height settings. Construction quality looks solid. We enjoy it at every sunny occassion
on March 1, 2012
I bought this basketball goal as a Christmas present for my seven year old son. It is the perfect size for him and he loves it so much that he plays with it everyday! We live in a neighborhood where you cannot leave basketball goals out in your driveway or install them on the outside of your home. This goal works great because I lower it and bring it into the garage whenever my son is done. It fits well in our garage and is easy to bring in and out for my son to play with. We have been very satisfied with this purchase!
on June 1, 2016
We revived the lifetime youth basketball system today. The package is about 28-30 lbs and it will fit in the trunk of an SUV if needed. I had this item in my Amazon shopping cart for 2 days while I was researching and comparing with other products. Monday evening, the price dropped to 55$ from 65$ and I immediately ordered. I am so glad we bought this one instead of the plastic ones like little tykes or Fisher price. This is the best deal and totally worth the price. My kids are under 5 and will outgrow those plastic ones very fast. This one is a little larger for my kids but they will grow into it soon.
The quality and design are great. Assembly was easy with 2 people and we actually enjoyed assembling it. We filled the base with water and it is sitting still and very sturdy. I added about 3 tbsp bleach to the water after reading the reviews in Amazon to prevent mold from growing. We got mini basket ball and kids are very excited but cannot throw the ball high enough yet into the hoop. We will have several years of use with this gem. Highly recommended.
review image review image
on October 11, 2015
Leaks water. If you buy this, make sure you prepared to put sand in it. As you move this product around, it will leak water very easy. It is not meant to be moved often. We got water leak the third day after moved twice.
review image