Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on March 6, 2011
Purchased for my 5 year old son. He loves it. Very well constructed for the $$. Easy to move, once you've done it once. Easy to put together, minus the !##@!@#*&^ plastic that's inside one of the poles!!!!! Still not sure it's purpose other to make me string together multiple cuss words. Would recommend more expensive model if planning on any dunking. Also would use water in base instead of sand because it took longer to fill than to assemble. I would say great for ages up to 9 or 10. Would definitely recommend to friends.
0Comment82 of 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2010
Perfect for my 7 year old son. Easy to roll in and out of the garage. Used sand in the base and it is very sturdy.
0Comment59 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2011
Purchased for my soon to be 4 year old grand son and almost 9 year old grand daughter. The 4 year old absolutely loves it. He can use it on the first setting using a light weight ball. The hoop is a little too high for him to use a regular basketball. He wants to play with it all the time. This system will grow with him for many years. The almost 9 year old needs the hoop higher and enjoys it because she is a basketball player and this has a regular size hoop. Very sturdy with filled base. Glad I purchased this one instead of a cheaper model. Good value.
0Comment59 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2011
We were having hard time finding a sturdy good product, that can be played by 4 to 9 year old kids. This one has just the right height settings. Construction quality looks solid. We enjoy it at every sunny occassion
0Comment39 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2013
Absolutely great! We did much research before we bought this last Christmas. Our son loves basketball and at first we wondered if would be too high at 7 feet, but he has actually learned to shoot well. We have it at the lowest setting and are excited it will grow with him. It is well made and doesn't fall over. This was an excellent buy for us and will get much use. Just the top and bottom are plastic. The hoop is well made and the pole is metal. A great purchase. Was the cheapest price at Amazon.
on August 25, 2015
I have bought 4 of these over the past three years. I have one in my basement, one in my garage, and one at my parents' house. I bought it for my three-year-old son who is now six years old. It's the perfect size for learning basketball, and the slightly smaller rim is perfect for a 27.5 or 28.5 ball, although at regulation 29.5 ball fits fine too. I love them.

More interesting, however, is that the fourth one I bought we use as a poolside basketball hoop on family vacations to the Outer Banks. It did, however, take a little ingenuity to make it the right height for a pool. I did not install the bottom pole section and used the middle section as the base pole. I drilled a hole on each side of the middle section, ran a bolt horizontally through the pole, and then attached another bolt vertically to the middle of the horizontal bolt using a T-fitting. The vertical bolt runs through the inside of the pole down through the hole in the large plastic base, with a washer and bolt keeping it attached to the underside of the plastic base. I then had to also drill one hole on each side of the middle section so I could run a bolt horizontally through the pole to attach the two support posts on either side of the pole. It works fantastically and the basketball backboard and rim are the perfect size for playing basketball in a pool. We toss all the pieces into the rooftop cargo carrier, and they fit in a pretty small space. I attached a pic of us playing pool ball last month.
review image
on September 7, 2011
The base of this product started leaking water right away, although it is recommended to fill it with sand. Then one of the wheels broke off the first day, so one could not roll it around. I called the manufacturer and they sent me a new base right away. Everything is good with the new base and so far it is holding up. Overall, ignoring the initial problems I had with this, this seems to be a good product. Appropriate for kids up to 10 years old.
0Comment46 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2011
We purchased this for our almost 4 year old and 7 1/2 year old. It was very easy to put together and normally we hate putting things together. It took us about 1 hour to put together. It definitely took 2 adults to finish.
As far as durability, time will tell. It seems fairly sturdy. The backboard is fairly easy to adjust, 1 adult can do it. Its just 1 screw and lift the board.
We looked at several places before deciding on this goal. We wanted something that both the boys could enjoy and so could mom & dad. This goal is perfect for that! We have really enjoyed using it!
Would I buy this again? Definitely!
Would I recommend to a friend? YES!
If you have small children that are wanting to learn to play, this is the perfect goal!
0Comment27 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2012
I bought this basketball goal as a Christmas present for my seven year old son. It is the perfect size for him and he loves it so much that he plays with it everyday! We live in a neighborhood where you cannot leave basketball goals out in your driveway or install them on the outside of your home. This goal works great because I lower it and bring it into the garage whenever my son is done. It fits well in our garage and is easy to bring in and out for my son to play with. We have been very satisfied with this purchase!
22 comments20 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2011
This is a nice and cheap starter basketball hoop system. I purchased this basketball system since there are no basketball hoops in my area that are under 8 feet tall. My son just started basketball and plays on a 7' to 7.5' hoop in his basketball league. So this is a great, and only way for him to practice shooting outside of practice and the game. If he wants to continue to play, I will eventually buy a better system. The backboard is small and absorbs mosts of the impact of the ball hitting it. So, do not expect the ball to react like it would on an indoor glass backboard. This serves my purposes now.
0Comment18 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse