Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 4, 2011
Pros:
1) They're clearly high quality.
2) They're nice and thick.

Cons:
1) The eggshell color has a slight green tinge to it. It's barely perceptible, but I notice it against all of my other stuff that's off-white.
2) Perhaps because they're high thread-count, they have a slippery feel to them that I don't like. If I sweat at all at night, they feel almost sticky.
3) They wrinkle like crazy, even if I put them on my pillows right out of the dryer.
0Comment|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2015
Just received these, so I can't comment on their washability. I bought these at the same time as a $9.99 pair, figuring I'd buy a cheap pair and a better pair, since I have four pillows on my bed. (Two for my dog, who sleeps on one half of the bed, and me, who sleeps on the other!) Okay, so the two pairs just arrived, and the difference is NIGHT and DAY.

I'll repeat: Night and Day.

I am HAPPILY SURPRISED with the Pinzon. There were mixed reviews, and I figured that these would be good, not great, (and the cheaper pair would be okay, not great).

But these SO FAR are superb. I've taken some photos. The fabric is heavy (as opposed to paper-thin cotton, that wrinkles and crinkles), and has a satiny sateeny finish. Rubbing my hand along the pillowcase felt smooth and soft, smoother than the cheap $9.99 ones that was almost like muslin, maybe a little better.

The decorative stitching near the top of the case has an elegant look, I don't know the name of that kind of stitching. The seams are reinforced and look sturdy.

Again, I don't know how it will wash, but it's soft, really good quality, and definitely worth $16.99.

If you're considering, as I was, the $9.99 pair from Utopia, I'd suggest that you spring for the extra $7 - (how often do we buy pillowcases??) I'm returning the cheap cases. It's clearer to me, having them side by side, why it's worth $17 to have really good quality cases, rather than skimp for $10.

If the photos are uploaded in the order, the last photo is of the inexpensive case, and you can see the difference in the stitching and fabric.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 2, 2012
I'm very happy with these pillowcases -- soft, nice sheen, great quality fabric, nice detail on the hem, and the soft blush color is just as advertised and very attractive. Don't understand the other reviewers who complained of excessive wrinkling -- 100% cotton will do that -- maybe they're used to poly blend linens? And I don't find them to be "sweaty" as one reviewer complained. I'm pretty picky about high quality cotton bed linens and these are juuuust right -- esp for the price.
on April 14, 2010
The fabric is nice on the pillow cases, but they are made with seams on both the long sides instead of one seam on the short side, and one on the long side. This leads to face creases. It is not the traditional way to make pillowcases and is inferior to most.
55 comments|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2008
Thicker and even softer than the last 400 t.c. cases I bought. They wash well and are a delight.
on August 22, 2007
These pillowcases are very well made; strong, sturdy, yet soft and comfortable. I would most definitely recommend them! Well worth the price.
on January 8, 2011
Very nice pillow cases, I found that they wash and dry great, people that said they were wrinkley must not of followed directions on how to wash because I washed in cold and dryed on delicate setting and they came out PERFECT!! I am buying other colors now, I would reccommend these covers !!!
on November 4, 2011
Contrary to Pinzon's claim that these pillowcases were made in Portugal, they are not. They are made in China. I'm very disappointed about that.
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2015
I agree with what if you others have said: these pillowcases wrinkle terribly. It has nothing to do with the dryer, they come out of the washer completely wrinkled so even if you dry them on a rack and smooth them out you still would have to iron them to get a nice tailored look. I gave up trying to iron them flat. Also, I do not find them smooth. They are more similar in texture to 300 thread count cotton sheets I have rather than other bamboo or higher threadcount sheets I own. I am glad I ordered only the pillowcases before getting the entire sheet set because I will definitely not purchase the sheets based on this quality.
review image
on December 17, 2007
These are amazingly soft right out of the package. Don't know how they'll hold up after washings, but so far impressed. I buy a lot of high thread count sheets and these did have the "wow" factor. For the price... excellent.