Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 9, 2011
Great, well built product. Looks good too, although it will be hidden in your drawer most of the time! Contrary to some reviews, it does actually hold 16 knives - five knives with blades of 10+ inches and up to another 11 knives (5 + 6) with blades up to 6 inches.

But to do this all the longer knives have to be thin-bladed (height-wise) and the shorter knives thin handled (width-wise). If this doesn't describe your knife collection (and it most likely doesn't), you'll only be able to fit somewhere between 11 and 16 knives in to this block.

I've had it for four months now and it's held up great to all the abuse I put it through!
1313 comments| 270 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2010
The in-drawer knife block is great - accurate size description, good quality, heavy and nice looking. However, if a description on the number of knives it holds was mentioned (some said 15 knives), this is not accurate. The knife block holds 11 knives, 6 small or steak knives that go at the top and 5 larger knives that go at the bottom. I'm satisfied - I only needed to store 11 knives! This is so much safer than having a knife block on the counter.
22 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2011
I ordered two of these as we have quite a selection of knives. Our drawer is now nicely tidied-up. The following recommendations are with respect to things that could make it even better...
1. One is approximately 1/4" longer than the other. Not a big deal for us, but might be annoying to others.
2. No bumpers on the bottom. Our drawers are all soft-close, but it might be prudent for some people to add stick-on bumpers to keep the block from sliding around.
3. The 'strips' are tied together with four thin cross braces underneath, approximately 5/8" wide, rabbetted in grooves and pinned to the bottom of the knife 'strips'. The cross braces are approximately 3" apart. When you lift a knife out and draw it towards you, the knife tip will drag across the braces, and will also drag across the drawer bottom when not on the cross braces. This might cause some patterned scoring of the drawer bottom, and placing something sacrificial underneath may help.

One advantage to these that I never saw mentioned, you can lift them out of the drawer loaded with knives, and this will make cleaning the drawer even easier.

Glad I found these. Saw them at Williams Sonoma and the price was frightful, so I thought that I would find a pattern and make my own. My wife would still be waiting...
on January 24, 2010
As a high end cabinet/furniture maker I've purchased lots of different knife drawer inserts. This has to be the best I've seen. Lots of slots for knives. Perfectly machined. Excellent finish. Excellent grain.
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2011
It is made of quality material and well constructed - a good value for the price. As other reviews have indicated it only holds 11 knives. A word of caution. I ordered two and they sit side by side in a drawer with a 4 inch space in between. The depth of the drawer accomodates them well BUT some of the larger handle knives sometimes come up out of the assigned sleeve and hold the drawer partially shut. If you have limited drawer depth do not plan on storing large handled knives in this knife block.
on May 28, 2010
Well crafted and functional. It holds all our knives except the cleaver. Even my 12 inch chef's knife fits in well.
on November 19, 2010
THis is great!!! It fits lots of knives, and keeps them easily organized. Gets the things off the counters. Small enough to fit in narrow drawers. Love it. And the price was right too. Some of the drawer knife organizers cost a fortune. That it is made of sustainable bamboo is an added bonus. Recommend it for those that still have counter knife blocks. Use it daily and appreciate it daily, for $21.
on March 12, 2015
We wanted to remove some countertop clutter so we got this in-drawer block. We put it in a standard drawer and it does great. The block primarily holds Victorinox Fibrox knives, including the 8" chefs and the long slicer and bread knives with no problems. I recommend it. it works great!
on August 6, 2015
I absolutely love this!! I have the pure komachi knife set, which I love, except for the Huge bulky plastic holder that took up way too much counterspace. I discovered this product and it fits my all my large knives perfectly inside the drawer. It is very high quality and for the price, you really can't beat it. I also prefer this over the wood blocks because you can actually see through the slats so there won't be any gross buildup that could potentially happen deep in the wooden slots.
review image
on January 24, 2010
This one of the better knife holders and will fit in a smaller width drawer 7"