Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Size: 17 by 5.29-inchChange

on September 9, 2011
Great, well built product. Looks good too, although it will be hidden in your drawer most of the time! Contrary to some reviews, it does actually hold 16 knives - five knives with blades of 10+ inches and up to another 11 knives (5 + 6) with blades up to 6 inches.

But to do this all the longer knives have to be thin-bladed (height-wise) and the shorter knives thin handled (width-wise). If this doesn't describe your knife collection (and it most likely doesn't), you'll only be able to fit somewhere between 11 and 16 knives in to this block.

I've had it for four months now and it's held up great to all the abuse I put it through!
1313 comments264 of 272 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2010
The in-drawer knife block is great - accurate size description, good quality, heavy and nice looking. However, if a description on the number of knives it holds was mentioned (some said 15 knives), this is not accurate. The knife block holds 11 knives, 6 small or steak knives that go at the top and 5 larger knives that go at the bottom. I'm satisfied - I only needed to store 11 knives! This is so much safer than having a knife block on the counter.
22 comments75 of 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2011
I ordered two of these as we have quite a selection of knives. Our drawer is now nicely tidied-up. The following recommendations are with respect to things that could make it even better...
1. One is approximately 1/4" longer than the other. Not a big deal for us, but might be annoying to others.
2. No bumpers on the bottom. Our drawers are all soft-close, but it might be prudent for some people to add stick-on bumpers to keep the block from sliding around.
3. The 'strips' are tied together with four thin cross braces underneath, approximately 5/8" wide, rabbetted in grooves and pinned to the bottom of the knife 'strips'. The cross braces are approximately 3" apart. When you lift a knife out and draw it towards you, the knife tip will drag across the braces, and will also drag across the drawer bottom when not on the cross braces. This might cause some patterned scoring of the drawer bottom, and placing something sacrificial underneath may help.

One advantage to these that I never saw mentioned, you can lift them out of the drawer loaded with knives, and this will make cleaning the drawer even easier.

Glad I found these. Saw them at Williams Sonoma and the price was frightful, so I thought that I would find a pattern and make my own. My wife would still be waiting...
0Comment56 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2010
As a high end cabinet/furniture maker I've purchased lots of different knife drawer inserts. This has to be the best I've seen. Lots of slots for knives. Perfectly machined. Excellent finish. Excellent grain.
22 comments57 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2010
Well crafted and functional. It holds all our knives except the cleaver. Even my 12 inch chef's knife fits in well.
11 comment38 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2011
It is made of quality material and well constructed - a good value for the price. As other reviews have indicated it only holds 11 knives. A word of caution. I ordered two and they sit side by side in a drawer with a 4 inch space in between. The depth of the drawer accomodates them well BUT some of the larger handle knives sometimes come up out of the assigned sleeve and hold the drawer partially shut. If you have limited drawer depth do not plan on storing large handled knives in this knife block.
0Comment38 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2010
THis is great!!! It fits lots of knives, and keeps them easily organized. Gets the things off the counters. Small enough to fit in narrow drawers. Love it. And the price was right too. Some of the drawer knife organizers cost a fortune. That it is made of sustainable bamboo is an added bonus. Recommend it for those that still have counter knife blocks. Use it daily and appreciate it daily, for $21.
on January 24, 2010
This one of the better knife holders and will fit in a smaller width drawer 7"
on November 10, 2010
I bought one to assess the quality. This is a beautiful product with a satiny wood feel. It holds a lot of knives with no wasted space. I can fit two in a standard drawer so I'm back to order a second so that I will be able to keep ALL of my knives in one drawer. Bye bye to my big bulky knife block!

I'm so happy with the quality of this product I'm going to try out their flatware organizers next!
on November 6, 2013
I really wanted to love this knife block, and as far as in-drawer knife blocks go this is nonetheless probably one of the best. However, in-drawer knife blocks all have a fatal flaw - the knife edge presses down into the wood when you place the knife in. That is, unless you put it in with the blade facing up, but that's kind of dangerous and less secure (the knives will move more and can be knocked out of the block by accident).

Every time you store the knives, you're essentially "slicing" the bamboo braces connecting the pieces of the knife block. Over time, this will dull your blades and damage the knife block, possibly to the point that the whole thing falls apart because you've sliced through all the braces. This is especially bad if you store any sharp serrated knives in here - I've found tons of bamboo sawdust on my serrated knife because every time I put it in the block it sawed through the bamboo. Sure, you can be more gentle with it, but if your knives are sharp, you'll still be wearing it down. Conventional, countertop knife blocks, on the other hand, are generally designed so that the knife blades aren't putting lots of pressure on the wood. In this one, gravity is pulling the knife edge onto the wood. If you own this knife block and your knives *aren't* cutting through the bamboo, then frankly, your knives can't be very sharp.

That said, if you're really pressed for space, it's not bad, so long as you know that in the long term you could be damaging your knives and/or the block.

The construction is okay - finished on the outside, but thoroughly unfinished and unsanded on all the inward facing surfaces, meaning your knives can catch on bamboo splinters sometimes - kind of annoying. I haven't had any issues with it sliding around in a drawer when it is loaded with knives. It does seem very sturdy.

Although I'm not totally satisfied with this, I do use it everyday and despite the wear and tear, it's still working, and the construction is decent.