Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Color: GreyChange

on March 25, 2014
I was excited to receive these, and immediately put them into the washer and then dryer before first use. Imagine my disappointment when I took the towels out of the dryer, and one had unraveled! You can see for yourself what happened in the product images. It fell apart before I could even use it.
review image
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
993 of 1,054 people found the following review helpful
on March 10, 2010
Color: CreamVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a prolific book reviewer here on Amazon, it's a bit of a departure for me to be reviewing bath towels. What you may not realize is that the towels are an essential book reviewing tool... I read the books in my bathtub. Now you know.

All joking aside, I have to admit that I was very pleased with the quality of the Pike Street towel set. The list price of $130 is absurd, but for $24.95 they're a bargain. The towels are soft and fairly plush. As others have said, they're not luxury towels, but are of a good quality for everyday use, and are much better than what you'd see in an average hotel room. My set are the cream color, and they're a rich, French vanilla of a cream.

So far they've held up superbly to laundering. And my set did not have any hanging threads that others have complained of. However, my favorite thing about these towels is that they really are generously sized. It makes a difference. I usually purchase bath sheets rather than regulation bath towels for my home use, but these bath towels are large enough to wrap myself up in comfortably. Even the wash cloths and hand towels are larger than you'd typically expect, which just gives the towels extra absorbency and utility. For instance, a folded hand towel makes an excellent pillow when reclined in the tub with a best-seller.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 28, 2014
It's a shame the driftwood sets that I bought (6) did not look as good after they were initially laundered as they did before they were washed !

I'll post the pic of the lint filter from my dryer on the first drying cycle. Then I ran the load through the air only cycle for 20 minutes and again a full lint filter, then ran them again on air only for 20 min.and again a full lint filter. I was afraid at that point that if I continued to dry them I would eventually end up with a nothing load !

Snags: every item had between 12 & 16 snags after laundering. More on the bath towels and hand towels. Several so bad that the backing of the towel is thread bare. Will post pics. There is no excuse for this !

I have not used them so I can't speak to durability, but I do know that my other Egyptian towels from Walmart and did not shed and shag like these towels have done. I think it's just a case of "you get what you pay for" and in this case, it's NOT MUCH....Won't order again and won't use for guests.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 25, 2010
Color: pistachioVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I intentionally waited a while in order to write this review. I wanted to see how the towels would hold up over a few washings, how I'd feel about them after they'd been subjected to regular use. I'm pleased - and a little surprised - to say that I like them better a month down the line than I did when I first received them. I find myself more, rather than less, likely to reach for one of them instead of my old favorites.

When the towels were new, I was unsure about two things: they had a kind of funny smell, first of all, a new product smell that didn't tickle my nose the right way. That went away completely after the first washing. Now they smell nice and fresh and like detergent, like towels should. The other thing was the color. The picture doesn't really capture how vivid the green is - it's called pistachio but if I'd been on the naming committee I might have gone with something more like "moss" or "lichen." The green is a little more vivid than what I see on my monitor (monitors vary, so don't take this as a given)- the stock photo is more pastel than the towels themselves (I'm holding one in front of me). I think the color is a pretty vivid one - not so pastel, after all - an acid, spring green with a strong yellow undertone. It's a color that pops, rather than fades. So the color wasn't quite what I expected, but I've grown to love it anyway. It's distinct, complex, and pleasing to the eye.

They provide what I'd call a "brisk" toweling experience. I don't mean that as a euphamism; it's not a criticism at all. I've noticed that towels come in two distinct types. There are towels that are "plush" and others that are "brisk," and higher and lower quality examples of each. I find it a little odd to dry off with a plush towel - it's like rubbing myself with a big velvet blanket, which doesn't feel right to me, especially in the morning. So I like a good brisk towel. These are soft, well-made, but they provide enough friction that drying off feels brisk and energizing.

I'd definitely buy this brand again, and do recommend it to others.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 28, 2010
Color: LemonVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
With lot's of guests visiting, I was eager to get a new set of towels.

While I was pleased with the size of the bath towels, the hand towels are HUGE as are the washcloths. The hand towels hung stupidly on my wall racks.

I didn't believe another reviewer when they said the towels snagged within the first three washes until I received and washed these towels. Sure enough, one of the bath towels came from the dryer with a long thread hanging off the middle. I have front-open machines, so it's highly unlikely they snagged on the equipment.

That said, they are soft and it doesn't appear the decorative trim is shrinking in the dryer as some of my other towels do.

Overall, a good towel set for a very decent price given the quality of the material.

UPDATE: After three more cycles of house guests and uneven use of these towels, I find that the more frequently used ones are fading in color rather quickly. I'm quite surprised given how light they were to begin with, but it's noticeable.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 8, 2015
***Updated review.

I purchased these towels in spite of the mixed reviews and pictures of damaged towels... One reason being the low $21.99 price point for the set of 6 towels, another being the slightly larger bath towels at 30"x 56" (standard is 27x54).

Also, I read reviews stating that the plum is slightly lighter than pictured and this is what I was hoping for. I figured they were worth a risk as I noticed the reviewers who noted the plum color didn't seem to have as many negative reviews.

They arrived quickly and my husband and I both agreed that they appear to be thick and beautiful. That said, I can't yet comment on quality, in terms of longevity, but will be updating this review after a few months of use and numerous washes.

I am very particular about how I launder clothing and the likes, so my findings will only really apply for others who do the same... I don't wash towels with jeans or other articles with zippers or anything that could snag them (or that the towels would wear down).

I use Perwoll detergent for darks which preserves and renews dark colors beautifully (sold here on Amazon, pricey but a little goes a long way and its worth it) and I don't use detergents with regular fillers which buildup on clothes. Reliable PERWOLL-BLACK BLACK FAB. DET. 1.5L

Lastly, I use wool dryer balls and do not use fabric softener (which especially shouldn't be used with towels since it leaves a coating on them, making them less absorbent). Smart Sheep 6-Pack XL Premium 100% Wool Dryer Balls (Reusable, #1 All-Natural Fabric Softener ~ Best Ranked, Great Gift)

I uploaded some pictures so you can see the plum. I laid out a couple of purple cardigans next to them that are more of a true purple or plum, for comparison. These are a slightly smokey plum (more plum than gray, just a touch more muted shade). Very plush, especially for under $22, and much prettier than expected!

Definitely recommend, at the very least, for towels on display getting little use. No snags or poor quality apprearance upon arrival - from Pinzon seller via Amazon, in Plum.

Happy shopping! Smile.

*UPDATE* After first wash, no more dryer lint than with any other new towel set I've purchased. No fuzzies sticking to wet skin or shedding. Color and overall look is as good as new... More to come if anything changes...

After a month of use, a number of washes and dryings, we are super happy with this set! We will be ordering another set while we can (noticed the seperates in plum are no longer available and the HUGE bath mat in plum is now also gone- very plush!). I do recommend it though, (still available in other colors) see my review with photos here:
Hope this helps!
on September 15, 2013
Just as the other 100+ one star reviews stated, these towels started falling apart after one wash cycle. I didn't even use them but decided to give them a wash first as I've no idea where in China they're come from. Sure enough, the threads along the sides came apart. I notice when I pull on them, it pulls threads along the towel. I'm no sewing/threading expert but I'm sure towels should be threaded in such a way that if one loop gets frayed, it doesn't unravel the rest of the towel. Not so with these towels. It's obvious they wouldn't last 3 more washes.

Good towels should last years, not weeks.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2010
Very poor quality, after the first washing the towels were shedding all over. The entire inside of my wash machine was covered with lint. Retured product to Amazon.
on February 9, 2010
After 3 washes, 3 of the 4 towels I bought started to frey! After 4 washes, the fourth towel started to frey. These are of very low quality.
on December 16, 2010
Well I think the title says it all. I purchased these towels in taupe on a lighting deal after Thanksgiving with the intention of giving them as part of a Christmas gift. Thankfully, my gift plans changed so I kept them for my family. I washed them per the label instructions, and dried on low as I do all of my high quality towels (they get extra fluffy that way). When I opened the dryer I was in shock to find that the right seam on ALL of the towels in the set were totally frayed from top to bottom. I am returning them today. Perhaps I got a "bad" batch but had to share my experience with the amazon community.