Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

on April 5, 2011
I was always told that rawhide is not good for your puppy, but don't remember where I read it, so when I saw the "puppy" on the label I thought it can't hurt to try it. So I gave my German Shepherd one and waited a day to make sure she was ok with them, and well no problems yet and we are on her 2nd bag. She loves these and it prevents her from chewing on a lot of other things--and also gets her to go into her crate. I give her like 3-4 of these a day----she is slightly under weight and has a bunch of teeth coming in, so I don't see the harm in it.

She also doesn't like the car, so when I have to drive her alone, I give her one and it keeps her occupied and then she is fine. Sooner or later Ill have to make sure she chews the whole thing and doesn't just swallow it because they will be small for such a big dog, but I have a least another month that I can give this to her safely. It's about $3 cheaper to get these on Amazon than in the pet store (couldn't find them at the grocery store) and with free shipping, you might as well save and get them here.
on April 19, 2011
Like another reviewer said, I also heard somewhere that rawhides are bad for dogs. I just got an australian shepherd puppy and I was looking for things for him to chew on that were made specifically for puppies to avoid giving him anything that would harm him. I bought these and even though he's only 10 weeks and these say for puppies 6 months or older, he loves them and hasn't had any problems. For anyone wondering about rawhides being bad for puppies, there is a choking hazard with them and supervision is best. I've never noticed my puppy having any issue. Also I read that you shouldn't give them too often, something about the rawhide expanding in their stomach and causing blockage. I only give him a couple a week, if you are looking for something else you can give your puppy the nylabone puppy happytime chews are a great alternative to rawhide, I use both.
on September 8, 2012
I purchased a bag of 12 Bacon Flavor Rawhide Rolls and was disappointed to notice, after I gave my puppy one and he vomited several times, that these are NOT made in the USA, but made in China. I did not check the package carefully because we have many Nylabone products and assumed all Nylabone products were made in the USA...I was wrong!
on November 3, 2011
I have always been very hesitant about giving my pups and dogs rawhide products. The rawhide on this is much thinner and softer then other rawhide. Each stick seems to have two layers of the thin rawhide around the meaty center. I have small breed puppies, so I cut the sticks in half and give half to each puppy. I let them chew on them for awhile and then peel off the outer layer and throw that away. I do not have aggressive chewers and these last about 15-20 minutes.

The first time I gave them each one, I watched carefully and monitored their waste. Good times, right. They had no issue with the rawhide and did not have any big pieces in their waste. That being said, I do not give these to my pups unless I am around to make sure they do not choke or anything.

I would recommend these to friends with both small and medium size dogs. I am not sure how long these would last with large dogs.
on January 8, 2012
My 3 month old golden retriever puppy goes crazy for these. I have a bag of them in my car, in his puppy travel bag, and in our home. These have made our trips to the vet and groomers much more enjoyable for both of us.
on January 9, 2014
Good quality treat that our dog loves...she doesn't just eat it right away no this is a special treat, she takes it into another room and happily plays with it for quite awhile first then will eat it. Like how bag is resealable to keep them from drying out.
on October 11, 2011
Our vet approved this for our teething, chewing golden retriever pup, and I'm thrilled she seems to digest it fine. She'll take 20-30 minutes pensively chewing this cigar shaped rawhide roll. Usually, I give one a day, but sometimes 2 as needed. So glad it seems to keep her regular and very satisfied chewing! Great product!
on October 3, 2011
My dog likes them, there is nothing left to say. I will buy them again in the future. Thank You
on April 19, 2013
I haven't tried these, myself and can only take my pup's "word" for it, but he gives these rawhide chews "two paws up"! Not only does he find them to be quite the "sit-worthy" treat, but they also appear to make a fun toy that he enjoys throwing up in the air and tries to catch. I find them to be a nice size for my ~40lb pup and aren't too difficult for him to chew during his transition from puppy to adult teeth.
on November 30, 2012
These chews are Australian Cattle Dog approved! My young Australian Cattle Dog pup really loves these chews. I love them because they keep him chewing longer than most chews (about 20-30mins). I will definitely be buying more once I run out, since these are his favorite.

See 1 answered question