Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on November 27, 2009
Five stars for the music. 1 star for misleading the public. I thought I was getting the CD and the Christmas Special DVD together. The DVD that comes with the CD is only 7 songs with no continuity. The Amazon description was misleading. So now I had to pay extra for the CD and will have to buy the DVD. The Amazon description should make it clear that the DVD is NOT the public television Christmas Special.
33 comments183 of 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Andrea Bocelli's first-ever Christmas album was worth the wait! These songs stun me with their beauty and natural charm. Bocelli is in excellent form here and the duets are equally beautiful. The songs on this album are all nothing short of perfect; and Bocelli's ability to perform a wide variety of holiday music impresses me even more. The quality of the sound is excellent and the artwork is very nicely done.

Some of the songs I like the most (although they all are special) include the gorgeous "White Christmas / Bianco Natale;" Andrea sings this with panache and it truly comes from his heart and soul. The piano arrangement works well for this number as well. "Angels We Have Heard on High" is lovely; and Andrea really opens up and delivers this out like the pro he truly is! The operatic qualities of his voice lend themselves so well to "Angels We Have Heard on High;" I love it. In addition, "The Lord's Prayer" is wonderful as The Mormon Tabernacle Choir joins Bocelli; and I really like listening to "Adeste Fidelis" with its lush musical arrangement. "Cantique De Noel" is very pretty also.

Of course, there are songs for children, families and really anyone to enjoy that are not quite so religious. Listen for a sublime version of "The Christmas Song" which Bocelli does with Natalie Cole as a duet; and "Jingle Bells" is performed with the voices of The Muppets! Bocelli sings "Blue Christmas" with such passion I don't think I'll be forgetting it anytime soon and Reba McEntire's vocals enhance "Blue Christmas" all the more.

There are even more songs that showcase wonderful duets. Mary J. Blige sounds great with Bocelli on "What Child Is This;" it's a major highlight of this CD. Katherine Jenkins provides excellent vocals to go with Bocelli's singing on "I Believe." Great!

Andrea Bocelli and the other artists on this album rank very, very favorably in my book; this is a stunning holiday CD that is an instant classic thanks to their incredible talent. I highly recommend this album for anyone who enjoys a mixture of religious holiday music along with other Christmas songs that are more secular and playful.
77 comments110 of 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2009
I'm not a fan of Christmas music. In general, I even avoid listening to it. However, when I saw this CD by Bocelli was coming out, I could not help but getting it. What a treat! Yes, most of the songs are the same songs you have heard a thousand times. But I have to say that Bocelli and Foster bring an entirely different perspective to each of them, bring each song to a new dimension. Particularly nice are all of the duets on the CD, plus "White Christmas". There is one song, however, that will be remembered for a long time on this CD, "The Lord's Prayer", with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, which, regardless of your religious beliefs or lack of them, will bring tears to people who enjoy true music. An instant classic.
11 comment54 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2009
The DVD only has 7 songs while the CD has 15 So be aware you are getting short changed on the DVD.
44 comments53 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2009
Just listened to this cd on the way to work. I am only four songs into it and it is undoubtedly the most amazing cd I have heard ! (I kept hitting the repeat button just to hear songs over and over....might explain why I only got through four.) "The Lord's Prayer" will bring tears to your eyes. Totally uplifting. I will be buying more as gifts. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this cd as it will be a must have item for the holidays.
11 comment25 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2010
Very dissapointed in this product. The DVD only has 7 songs, not the 15 songs on the My Christmas DVD. I thought I was getting a Deluxe Edition and only got half the the DVD. Deluxe Edition is a scam. Buy the CD and DVD Separately.
on November 5, 2009
I generally make a point of avoiding Christmas CD's because the simplicity of most of these melodies makes it virtually impossible to breathe new life into them and over the years they have lost their appeal. After listening to "My Christmas" I realized I had seriously underestimated Bocelli's ability to accomplish the impossible. His renderings of these holiday favorites span an impressive vocal range and coupled with Foster's updated and lush arrangements make them irresistible.

The highlights for me are "Angels we have heard on high" which draws me back time and again. In the duets, the awesome new arrangement of "What child is this" with Ms. Bilge is gorgeous. He has the ability to blend his voice beautifully with whom ever he sings with. His delivery is straightforward and strong with subtle variations while his partners' voices dance around him. He even managed to inflect a little C&W in "Blue Christmas", a great duet with Reba, and that can't have been easy. And hearing him sing with Natalie Cole I was hit with a wave of nostalgia as I'm a huge fan of her father. Listening to Bocelli in many of these songs made me remember the great crooners and balladeers I always enjoyed.

The childhood favorites are amazinginly successful as well! "Jingle Bells" with the muppets is too cute for words and "Santa Claus is coming to town" is almost palatable.

"Oh Tannebaum" is another favorite. I can barely eek out a language and a half and he sounds comfortable with four or five so he gets major points with that one. The "Our Father" and other solos are quite beautiful as well although I really would have prefered the "Oh holy night" in english. "God bless us everyone" is a very fitting ending to a totally enjoyable CD.

If you take your Christmas medicine in small doses, this is the CD for you!
on November 28, 2009
This new Andrea Bocelli Christmas CD & DVD are outstanding. Just the most beautiful music combined with some fun songs with children and the Muppets. The duets
with Reba, Natalie, Katherine and Mary are also beautiful. Most highly recommended for everyone. Andrea Bocelli has an amazing voice. He sings with such feeling and beauty. The duet with Katherine, "I Believe" is not only beautiful but touches your heart.
0Comment24 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2009
Of course I like the music most, but I was so angry and disappointed when I opened the package of 2 sets of CD's/DVD's I had ordered and found the DVD is only highlights of a few songs from the entire program- the very ones I didn't care for. The songs shown were my least favorite of the show and it didn't even have the ones I loved most- The Lord's Prayer with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the song with The Muppets. I was so angry and upset and I advise anyone ordering the bonus DVD- read carefully- it is not anywhere near the entire program which you may have seen on PBS. If you want the real show- you must get the actual entire DVD separately. It may have been mentioned somewhere in the description that it was only a small portion of the program, but it sure wasn't anywhere obvious when you're ordering the item. Just beware.
on November 5, 2009
What A Fantastic Voice!
Andrea Bocelli was touched by the heavens to sing
and his vocal gifts wrap themselves around these classic
holiday songs that we've all heard many times before and
really does breathe new life into them!
In a year of dismal & contrived Christmas CD's from otherwise brilliant
established artists, how refreshing this was to hear! (-:
It captures the true spirit of the season and will be one you'll want
to play year after year for family & friends from here on out!--Buy It!

**I particularly love the duet between Andrea Bocelli & Mary J. Blige "What Child Is This?"**
But those aren't the only ones which will touch you...a very good CD.
1515 comments14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse