Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

The manufacturer commented on the review below
on November 27, 2011
I am stunned that there are so many positive reviews for this product!

The photo of this "gift Basket" literally shows all you receive: 3 very small (one layer) bags of dried fruit, pistachios & almonds--a layer LESS than 1/2-3/4 inch thick! The majority of the box below these 3 teeny bags is filled with paper filler!

This gift is at best worth $5, and I am very upset that Amazon would carry such a misleading and ridiculously overpriced product!

To top it off, the teeny bag of pistachios I received have suspicious black specks on top of the nuts through whole little bag. This product WILL be returned, and I believe is defective because of the appearance of the pistachios.

My advice: DON'T buy this or other products by this company! You or the receipient of your gift will be disappointed--and think you are a cheapskate!
77 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2011
The box is filled more than half-way with shredded paper and has only three very small bags of the nuts and fruit shown in the photo. You receive 5 oz of pistachios, 6 oz. of almonds and 1 cup of mixed dried fruit. I would be very disappointed if I had sent this to someone else as a gift. As is, I just feel that I overpaid by 200 - 400%. The quality of the food is nice, but not exceptional and the packaging is a typical box that has dividers (to hold the shredded paper in place I am sure).
on January 14, 2012
I gave this as a Christmas gift. I was embarrased to see that the bags of nuts and dried fruit were so small when they opened it. They told me later on that they did not wish to complain about a gift but that they thought I should know. All the items were very stale and did not taste good. They wanted me to avoid ever purchasing this item again for anyone else. I was shocked and surprised because you received so little product for the price and then it is stale on top of it. Will never purchase anything from Broadway Basketeers again!!!
on December 15, 2011
seriously, don't waste your money. The gift would be great if the portions of fruit and nuts were reasonable. Sadly, this is not the case. The packaging, which is really nice, contains mostly filler. This was a terrible way to spend $25. I feel too embarrassed to even give this as a gift. I will have a really expensive snack for myself, I guess.
on December 14, 2012
I got the new and improved version of this.
It has more of the contents inside and no filler, I guess I got lucky there.
I've been pricing nuts in the local stores so I feel that the value of this gift box is OK.
The presentation would have been better with dividers instead of 4 loose clear sealed plastic bags.
Another box gift I got has a gold foil bags, this would have looked better.

Any company that tries to improve their products from customer reviews is a good company to deal with.
I didn't spend a fortune so I think I got what I payed for.
Not a 5 star product so keep trying!
on December 6, 2012
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my father-in-law as he really likes this kind of thing (he really does, no one knows why). When I received this item my first immediate impression was "Looks nice, and no need for gift wrap", than I decided to slide the ribbon they include around the box off and take a peak at the product inside; I'm glad I did, I would have been mortified if he opened that at the family Christmas gathering...

The alleged "Gourmet" collection in this box looks terrible; No dividers, heavy amount of production dust visible inside the bags, the pineapple and raisins are rock hard, no dividers to keep the items separate and/or have any hope of looking like the manufactures picture, and about half the product pictured by manufacturer (my picture makes it hard to tell but the bags just about half-way fill the gift box and that is with a lot of air in them)... I will not be buying from this brand again.
review image
on January 18, 2014
A gift worth giving. Easy and convenient. Appropriate for anyone who entertains at home. Tasty, unique, and a suitable addition to your cocktail hour.
on January 20, 2013
everything was as expected and the pistachios disappeared first followed by the almonds and the cajun mix then last but not least the fruit
on December 8, 2012
I was very disappointed in this product. The box looks nice, but when you open it, there are cheap looking bags of various nuts and dried fruit. It doesn't look appetizing at all, and feels very cheap. I bought these for gifts to my employees and feel embarrassed to give them. I plan to return them.
on December 19, 2014
This is one big ripoff. Four bags not boxed, dumped on top of a shirt I ordered. There was a ribbon in the big box, no idea what it was for. This was to be a gift for our friends but there is no way I would give them this junk.

See 1 answered question