Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on November 22, 2014
Ok, love the case. Bought one last year, we need another, but last year only paid $60....what is going on? So ashamed of Amazon for allowing this
66 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2010
My son had mounds and mounds of legos in his play area. He really needed to get organized, so I sought a solution. The Iris Lego Project Case Chest is perfect. This chest lets you organize your legos in very neat compartments. If you have a lego project in progress, there's no need to worry. You can easily slip it into a case and resume your project later.
on November 11, 2014
I PAID $56 for this on Amazon, which is a somewhat reasonable price. It is alarming to see that it is now going for well over $300!!! It is definitely not worth that! You can go to a craft store and get something comparable (not LEGO brand) for much, much less.
on August 11, 2010
Iris Lego Project Case Chest
This was an excellent choice. Lego sells the draws for $10 each and not the stand. This one comes complete and is cheaper. It holds so many Legos and now I even have a place for all the books. I may have to order another.
on October 22, 2014
I have two of these and they are handy for storing Legos. Do I think a bunch of the $1 storage crates work as well? Yes. And when I see that what I paid about $50 for last year is now 8 to 10 times that price I am giving my 2 cents worth to tell you to buy generic. A craft supply store has similar containers that can just be put on a cheap bookshelf or stacked up independently. $50 was a good deal. Current prices are not.
on January 2, 2014
I was really nervous about making this purchase and didn't feel that there was enough feedback from Duplo owners. Less the people who said they gifted the item and it worked fine... I asked a few questions and was told I would be able to fit a block or two in there... And well.. That really wouldn't work for me. And then there were people claiming you could leave everything in the box upright. The box just didn't look that big in the photo.

So. I'm a duplo owner. I like this product. I like it A LOT.

Cuteness aside, I was able to fit One large set, One medium set, and one small set into these bins. I have more duplos that are not inside.. but you know, that's really okay. It keeps my sets organized and my toddler is unable to just pull them out and throw them under the sofa. He asks to build one. We pull them out. We play. We put them away. My 10 month olds cannot pull out the containers. (I actually turn it around backwards to make sure they lose interest quickly).

Anyhow. Duplo owners. Yes. This is a great storage solution. Yeah.. you could throw them all in a big tub for $5. But then when you're actually following the directions and want one piece at the very bottom... And you have a two-year-old? Good luck to you!

My video contains photos of the blocks I put in.. How easy it is to remove the top piece...

Lego owners, you can fit a bagillion legos in this thing. I was embarrassed by the size of my duplo collection after filling it up.
on December 13, 2013
Pros:
1. Good build quality;
2. Bright colors;
3. Enough space for really a lot of Lego bricks. A box of 650 basic bricks fills about 1/4 of a drawer. I, having just purchased my first box of Lego bricks, would worry more about how much I have to spend on more Lego bricks to fill the drawers than whether the drawers would hold enough bricks.
4. Two 10x10 plates are a nice bonus.

Cons:
1. While the portable briefcase-style drawers are convenient to carry around, they do reduce storage space compared with the simple no-cover drawers. Even for projects, it is rare that one would need to carry 6 drawers at the same time. So one or two portable drawers and others no-cover drawers would be a better balance of storage space and convenience;
2. Four of the six drawers have repetitive colors (red and yellow). Two more colors (such as orange, brown, pink, purple, or even grey) would be better;
3. Some dividers to separate different Lego sets would be ideal;
4. Price could be more competitive.
on January 7, 2015
It appears that Iris has stopped making this storage unit with Lego branding (probably due to an end to licensing from Lego) and therefore scammers are trying to fleece customers by jacking up prices.

For all of those looking to avoid these scammers who are charging 8-10X this item's actual price check out the nearly identical item (without the lego branding) made by the same manufacturer Iris by googling - "BRICKS 6 LEVEL STORAGE IRIS".

You can find the storage unit for its fair price at various retailers.

P.S. - I am giving 1 star for the highly questionable selling tactics for the product (selling at early 8-10X MSRP) and do not intend this rating to reflect the quality of the product itself.
on February 26, 2014
I bought this Lego Workstation and Storage unit for my 6 year old Grandson for Christmas. At the time, it didn't create the excitement of his other gifts, but I must say it has become the "workhorse" of his Lego collection. This case makes it easy to keep all of Legos in one place. When he spent the night at our house last week, he brought two of the trays along with him so he could play with his favorite toys (Star Wars Lego sets). It is sturdy and well-constructed. It has helped him learn how to organize and keep his projects and instruction books all in one place. I'm thinking I m going to have to purchase another one this year for his sister who recently got her first set of Legos. ~ a very satisfied grandmother
on November 22, 2014
I bought this for my nephews from this seller last February for $60! Now it 389.99 dollars???!!!!! What in the world! That's insane. It's great storage for Legos and I wanted one for my son. But it most definitely is not worth more that 60 dollars!! I would have bought this again. But now, no way.