Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Package Quantity: 1|Size: DESIGN 1|Change

on June 2, 2010
After reading all the issues with flip waffle makers I was rather hesitant to purchase one. I was originally looking at the Warring 300 (single unit) but having heard issues with the hinge, i decided not to. Upon looking at this double unit, I feel the hinge is definitely better and purchased it.

I typically use Bisquik for my waffles. Nothing all that fancy. I seasoned the iron with vegtable oil. The first time i filled the included cup, spread it out and it slightly spilled out - not much at all. I had the unit set for 4.5 since we prefer crispy waffles. I flipped the unit and poured in slightly less. I flipped it again. Oddly enough, the second pour was on the bottom and was done first. It came out a bit dark but more than usable. It stuck a bit. Poured more in and the first pour was done. It was lighter. Moral here, quantity is just as important as temp setting. Once I figured it out, all were golden brown. Later we preferred the temp at setting 4.

Also, I can see why some of the hinges can fail on flip units. AS the batter puffed up, it can put strain on the hinge possibly damaging it. My suggestion is to use less mix at first and creep up to full with your mix so you can determine the right amount to use that will not stress it. I had the top waffle pop the top open so I can see how it could stess the hinge.

I gave this a 4 our of 5 because I hate the fact that there is no indicator on the handles which way to turn it. I ended up putting a silver sharpie arrow on each to indicate which direction it will turn freely in. I think some could damage the unit if forced to turn in the wrong direction. Also, I found that you had to be particular how you took the waffle out. If taken out by a dividing line or not causes them to stick more easily. I did find that sticking was lessened the more I used it. I seasoned per the instructions but set it up on #6 temp setting during seasoning. It could be I need a bit more oil in the mix, too.

To me this is a real keeper. The waffles are crispy and delicate within. The outer crispy layer is thin real nice. I had a 10+ year old cuisinart before and it made the crispy layer a bit too thin. this is much thicker and better. I would recommend it to everyone. this unit is 1400 watts.

UPDATE 12/13/2012 - LOVE THIS WAFFLE MAKER!!!! I ended up getting a small ladle where 2 scoops with the ladle would fill it perfectly. Not sure exactly of the size but if I had to guess I would say it was a 2 oz model. Waffles come out with no problem. I use it nearly every weekend and got a plastic bag to put over it since it sits on the shelf of a microwave cart. No issues with the hinge. Still setting ti up on #4 for cooking. Have tried Hungryjack Buttermilk Complete and it does make a nuttier flavored waffle. Little nicer than the bisquik. the only downside is it is thicker. Not as light and airy as Bisquik but close.

I have done waffles with walnuts chopped up and blueberries. both are awesome and none have stuck. Do not remember the last time I have seasoned it either. Do not really think it needs to be since everything comes out easily.

Had my uncle over and decided to see if we could keep up eating with how fast we could make them. This thing still can kick out a cooked waffle from either griddle in 3 mins. Even with 3 mouths going, we had to throw in the towel. It is cool to be able to feed several people and have all eating in close proximity of time. Most other waffle makers will have one guy eating while the rest are watching.

Definitely would recommend this. I changed my review to 5 stars since the marker arrow completely stops me from picking the wrong direction to turn. Not an issue to me.

1-9-2013 - Someone remarked they added directional arrows so the owner knows which way the griddle can turn. Mine does not have them. Also, I tried to use HungryJack Buttermilk Complete instead of Bisquik for waffles. They did have anice nutty flavor but unfortunately they did not crisp up like the Bisquik ones do. Not sure if it is all the oil (1/4c I think) or what. they just do not come out as crispy. I tried the Martha Stewart flip the waffle back and forth between my hands trick and it did help for a few moments after cooking. If left to sit, they were soggy. No fault of the maker - only the batter. Still love my maker and it is still going strong.

1-16-2014 - Waffle maker still going strong. Decided to try the Krusteaz Light and Fluffy pancake mix (blue box) and I wasn't super pleased with the results. I couldn't find the Begium Waffle mix so I tried this one instead. The pancakes were fine and actually very good but I didn't love the waffles. Pancakes were light and even when overcooked did not form a tough crunchy skin like some do. The waffles were not as crisp as the Bisquik but better than the Hungryjack Complete I tried before. It had a very vanilla flavor almost like StaPuft marshmallow flavored. No issues nor complaints on the waffle maker so far. Still going strong and I have yet to season it again after the initial Mazola corn oil seasoning I did way back in the beginning. Never used a silicone cooking spray either. I can't believe this thing is approaching 4 years old. Thank you Warring for a good product. I am satisfied and no, I am not paid for my comments. Just a happy consumer who works on a computer all day long and takes a break from the monotony of the day to post.
2121 comments|573 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2010
I've owned several waffle makers, always with something lacking. One made cute heart shaped waffles but they tasted less than average. Another made good waffles but you had to set the timer and I'd often forget. Then I decided to try this one
I doubt I'll ever want a different waffle maker, it makes the perfect waffles, times itself, easy to use and clean! There is nothing missing. I'm told the waffles are the best ever, crispy outside, light and airy inside. If you don't love waffles, buy one of these, and try the recipe below and you will be HOOKED. I make a batch of them and freeze the leftovers, my daughter can pull one out of the freezer, put it in the toaster oven and they are nearly as good as fresh.

Best Waffles Ever

1 and 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 egg whites - beaten stiffly

Mix all dry ingredients. Combine yolks and milk. Stir into dry ingredients. Stir in oil & vanilla and mix. GENTLY fold in beaten egg whites, do not over mix.
1616 comments|309 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2014
We have had this waffle maker for a couple weeks and have used it twice. It was purchased to replace a 15 year old Cuisinart model that suddenly stopped working. The reviews for this model were very good and the ability to cook two waffles at the same time looked like a great feature to feed everyone at the same time.

The waffle maker has arrows to tell you which direction to turn it after pouring the batter which is very helpful. We like crispy waffles, so we cook them at 5.5 and once we are full, we cook the rest at 4.5 and freeze them for reheating in the toaster. When the waffle is ready, the light for that waffle turns green and it beeps. The waffles come out crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. We use a family recipe for the batter, so I can not comment on how it works with pre-mixed options like Bisquick.

Pros:
1 - The double cooking action lets you turn out waffles fest enough for the whole family.
2 - The waffle holes are deep enough to hold syrup, fruit, whipped cream, etc.
3 - The included measuring cup make it simple to pour consistent waffles
4 - Cooking is even and quick
5 - Waffles lift right out with no sticking

Cons:
1- None so far

UPDATE - October 7, 2015 - The waffle maker is still working great. No complaints.
review image
11 comment|186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2011
Normally, I'm fairly difficult to please (ask my wife of (42) years)! Anyway, I travel quite a bit, and alway enjoy waffles in restaurants, when I order them. On the rare occasion when my wife or I make them at home, on a weekend, they're never as good as when traveling. So I thought I'd try once more to try making them at home, and start with buying a new waffle maker. We bought the double waffle maker, because that way we can both sit down at the same time, and eat breakfast together.

We were amazed at the quality of the waffles, this appliance made. My wife likes her waffles soft and doughy while I like mine well done or crisp. No problem with this waffle maker because each waffle is cooking separately, but at the same time.
We are so pleased with the Waring Pro, that we purchased another one for our son and daughter-in-law for X-Mas and they too, are enjoying theirs.

We also, strongly purchasing the malted waffle mix that is available on Amazon
22 comments|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2010
This waffle maker makes the best waffles ever! They are large and you can make 2 at once. Machine is easy to use, beeps when it has heated to the correct temperature, add your batter and it beeps again when the waffles are ready. Simple and DELICIOUS!!!
11 comment|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2014
I love it! Makes making waffles so much easier! I have no complains at all! I would definitely recommend this product. I've used it maybe 5-6 times since I got it, And it has worked great every single use.
on July 11, 2013
I bought this based on the amazing reviews on amazon. I so wanted this to work for us! I used the recipe in their manual and every time it burnt the bottom and under cooked the top. I must have gotten a defective one. HMMM! How can over 280 people are happy enough to give this 5 stars if the result was like mine! But I didn't want to take a chance with a replacement and got a refund! I took lots of pix. I'd have to figure out how to upload them...
review image
22 comments|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2015
When I first recieved this purchase I was amazed at how great the quality was. Immediately, I was making perfect waffles. But after only 5 uses, the heating element burnt out. I had read the instructions before first use. I kept it stored at room temperature in a cabinet. I was never abusive to it in any way. It really upset me that it only lasted long enough for a few uses.
I carefully read the instructions on how to return the product. The first few times I called Waring Pro, there was no answer. I finally left a message. After 2-3 weeks with no return call, I contacted Amazon for a refund. Amazon replied that since it was the first time returning an item, they would make an exception. After reading the return instructions, I saw that they would only allow UP TO 50% of my refund. This is because the product had been used. I was not okay with this. I continued trying to contact Waring Pro until I was able to get through. The woman on the phone was very polite. I was to send it back in to the address shown on the warranty, and that they would send me a brand new one. About a week or 10 days after they had received it, a new one arrived on my doorstep. I was excited to use it again. But as soon as I opened the package, which was shipped right in the box (not in another box with any sort of cushioning), I was immediately disappointed. The parts that held the lids on (sort of hinge?) were loose and wobbly. We do not have the correct tools at home to tighten them ourselves. When they are shut, they are not sealed tightly all the way around, causing batter to spill out. I know it is not my recipe, or the amount of batter I added, because this did not happen with the last unit. Upon further inspection, I noticed gaps in some areas where it should be a tight seal. Also, there is a cheaper heat adjustment know. It is not tight, therefore you cannot get an accurate temperature setting. And they new batter cup is made of a black, bendable, easy-to-crack plastic. It is far lower quality than the one that came with the original unit. The on/off button also does not have a light on it. This unit also took much longer to heat up.
I am extremely displeased with both Amazon and Waring Pro. This will be the last thing I ever order from them. I will definitely be reporting their poor quality and customer service.
on December 25, 2014
I'll start with the disclaimer that I rarely give 5 starts in a review, that would indicate perfection that rarely (if ever) is seen. I gave this 4 stars because of that statement.
Now for the review...
I got the single Belgian waffle maker from Waring about 10 years ago and my family of 6 really enjoyed it! BUt because of all the moving parts, it wasn't meant to last more than what it did. We used usually 3-4 times per month so I guess it held up well. When searching Amazon for a replacement I came across the Double model and purchased it. We've only used it once so far but it works just about as well as the single model! Some things that I've noticed:
1. Unlike the older spring model there are springs holding the grates in addition to the solid hardware. hopefully these will last!
2. We started off and setting 3 for the heat and time but didn't quite get them cooked so we moved it to 4 (as the manufacturer suggests and they came out fully cooked.
3. It really did take about half the time to cook an entire batch, that helps when you are feeding 6 people at once
4. The included measuring cup could be a but larger, if you use it make sure it is completely full of batter before poring on the griddle. Also try to be sure all parts of the griddle/iron are covered with batter before closing and flipping.

I'll try to update this review after we've used it for awhile to let you know how the springs hold up.

****UPDATE MARCH 2015******
Still working great after a few months of moderate use, probably 2-3 permonth
VINE VOICEon July 15, 2010
I bought this for my husband for Father's Day, and it has not disappointed! The ability to make two waffles at a time is wonderful for a family, and this maker cooks both sides evenly and well. Although the first time we used the Good Night Waffles from the included recipe book, every other time we have just used Bisquick for time purposes. It works perfectly well in this waffle maker.

The one thing I would recommend would be to not judge the waffle maker on the very first batch. It takes a full go-around to truly get it seasoned, and not all of the first batch of waffles will cook perfectly. Also, it is necessary for the cook to learn preferred cooking time. If I had it to do all over again, I would use an inexpensive mix such as Bisquick for the first time and then experiment with the "real" Belgian waffle recipes after growing accustomed to the appliance.

The only reason I rated it four stars instead of five is because I'd love to see removable plates on an appliance like this. It is a relatively easy waffle maker to clean, but by nature waffle makers are just going to be hard to clean unless the plates can be removed. With the rotation of the appliance, however, I don't know how feasible the removable plates are.

All in all, we are thrilled! This will greatly increase our waffle consumption, I'm sure!
22 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse