Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Size: Petite|Style: 3|Change

on December 29, 2012
I've been purchasing Nylabone products for about 10 years, and I've never been disappointed. The quality & value are excellent, and it keeps my toy poodle busy.

Another reviewer said these were "stale" which they are not. Sometimes they are packaged looking like they have a chalky, whitish film, but that is totally normal. Plus, the expiration date on my package said 2015. (2 years from now.) (Please see my picture which I added.)

There's no reason why any small puppy (without the jaws of a chupacabra), could enjoy this safely. It may not last as long, but I would not HESITATE to give these to any puppy. Plus, if you are worried about size, they sell petite bones & larger bones so that should make your decision easier.

Overall, I give this product 5 stars.
review image
on May 28, 2013
bought a two pack of these for our two dogs. They loved them but they lasted less than 2 mins with one dog (border collie mix) and about 5 mins with the other (brittany spaniel/corgi mix).

For the money, I would expect these to last MUCH longer. skip these chew snacks.
on February 28, 2008
My very average chewing dog was done with it in under 5 minutes. I was hoping that for this kind of money this bone would last a little longer. Next time, I'll simply get her rolled pig skins. They last about 10 minutes, are filled with yummy paste and they cost so much less.
on November 8, 2015
I have a 4-year old standard dachshund (close to 20 lbs) that is very picky about his bone flavor and size. These edibles are some of the only bones he will consume (after burying them in our clothes multiple times for a week). He was a fan of the chicken and roast beef flavors, but wouldn't touch the bacon (and usually enjoys bacon flavored treats).

If you are looking for something your dog can "chew" on for a long while, these may not be for your dog. When our dog finally ate them he gobbled them down in about 15 minutes. Try a Himalayan chew or an antler if you are looking for a long-lasting (also fully digestible) dog chew that promotes good dental hygiene. However, as a fun, edible way to increase your dogs hygiene (opposed to the plastic flavored Nylabones that dogs can't digest) these are great, and Amazon has a great price compared to big box dog stores.

Something important to note is that these treats can stain your dog and carpet (on the back of the package it has a warning that the natural color may stain light-colored surfaces). Our dog is black and tan and we have hardwood floors, but I gave some of these to a friend who said they turned her white dog's face brown. On the packaging it also says it is for adult dogs "at least 6 months with their permanent teeth" and not puppies. Recommended for dogs that weigh upto 25 lbs.
on October 21, 2014
Nothing wrong with these treats, my dogs all loved it. The only problem is I purchased these to keep my dog busy and occupied trying to chew on the bone. However, my husky finished it all in less than 5 minutes as if it was nothing more than a regular dog treat. Had I known my dog would have devoured it immediately, I would have purchased some rawhide instead. Rather pricey for my dog to finish it so quickly, I'm not even she savored what she ate!
on August 10, 2014
This seems like a pretty good product. I purchased one of these bones before for my lab puppy and he loved it. The only thing is it did not last very long. In a matter of about 10 minutes my 3 month old (at the time) lab demolished it. That is why I purchased this three pack. I liked that each bone has a different flavor, as I thought it would give him variety. This time around my puppy wouldn't chew on any of these at all. Now I can't blame the bones entirely as my lab has turned into a very picky puppy when it comes to bones and chews. Every so often I try giving him one again, maybe one day he will eat it!
on February 24, 2016
These are wonderful treats for my dogs. They love them and I feel safe letting them have one. They are made in the USA so I do not have to worry about what might be in them. The only problem for me is that they do not last very long. Once I giveit to them, they will chew on it until it is gone. I have never had them choke or have any problems eating one. It is one of the treats that I keep a supply of.
on October 17, 2012
This product is promoted as safe for puppies but my nine week old Boston Terrier has choked on them. He is able to bite the tip off with his razor sharp teeth and has no regard for how big the piece is. They only last maybe 20 minutes tops. I won't buy them again because even while being supervised my pup is fast and can down large chunks before I realize it, and after choking twice on these bones ...no more Nylabone Edibles for Petey!
on February 4, 2014
They are made in USA as are other Nylabone products I have checked. I don't know about the source of the ingredients, but you could probably contact Nylabone. I got these for my Samoyed puppy when she was just 8 wks and 10 pounds and had all baby teeth. She played with them and then would munch about half of it in 20 minutes. Now she is 13 week and 20 pounds but still has all baby teeth. She will grab it right away and devour it all in about 5 minutes. Obviously she loves it.

The regular size may be ok for young pups and small dogs, but not for heavy chewers. There is a guide currently on the product page to help pick the proper size for your dog. I will be getting a larger size if I want to occupy my puppy for longer.

Dogs should be supervised with this product, because once it has been chewed to a smaller size, they might try to swallow the whole thing and might choke. My dog did try to swallow the end, so I removed the remaining piece from her.
on May 25, 2016
Came on time and in good condition but dog wouldn't touch them and neither would any of my friends dogs. Wish I could tell you why but I have no idea. I have purchases many of these before in different flavors and my dog has always liked them so I'm guessing that there is something not so inviting about this one. She loves bacon and roast beef but not in these treats.