Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 26, 2011
I was getting fed up with my PS3 running out of space, so I looked it over online and found out this HD is a perfect fit your your PS3 (I don't have a slim, but I think they are the same HD size). The drive installed fast, the PS3 had a back up service that let me throw everything on a USB stick and I was up and running in under 30 minutes. I've downloaded tons of games onto it over the PSN and still have more space than I have used. Quick drive, great price, no issues so far!
99 comments|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2011
Arrived on time, in its packaging, and my PS3 accepted it perfectly. So for all of you who zipped to this product after reading the PS3 harddrive replacement instructions, this is what you are looking for.

Update: This hard drive is still working perfectly and I bought it over two years ago.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 20, 2013
I have many HDDs throughout the years, IBM, WD, Maxtor, Seagate, Hitachi, Toshiba. Generally of all the brands and models I have owned over the years, I have only had issues with Seagate. That is the only one I will definitely avoid currently. I know it is a small sample and may not be of much use compared to a large organization but to my data and use, it is of signification importance. This WD HDD works as expected as well as my many other WDs and for the meantime, I will continue to buy WD HDDs.

Please click YES if my review have been helpful to you, it will encourage me to continue writing and updating my reviews, and leave a comment if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer if I can be of help.
on June 17, 2013
Work great, I just remove the old hard drive from my PS3 and replace with this and turn on the PS3, then my PS3 work like brand new again.
I don't need to tell you about the install to the PS3, there's video on youtube easier for you to follow.

It was easy as hell, just read and click yes if you want my opinion.

I think would be great for other laptop or computer that has dead hard drive too. I haven't try it, only try for my PS3 and my PS3 work like brand new again.
on August 2, 2012
I put this in my PS3. So you know when you buy this you have to go on the sony website and update the hard drive so it can install correctly in the PS3, otherwise you will get an error all day saying it cannot be installed. There you go 5 out of 5 because it works awesome and gave me 5 times more space on my PS3
on September 10, 2011
ORIGINAL:
After reading some of the reviews of this HD I decided to give it a try. I was going to use it for replacing my older PS3 (Old Fat 60gb CECHK01) HD but it didn't work, actually I even tried using an enclosure just to make sure the HD was not defective but it didn't work either. I assume the HD is defective, I already contacted Amazon and they will send a replacement. I should be updating this review as soon as I get the new one.

EDIT 1:
Got the second disk, it worked this time, I know this because I replaced my other PS3's disk (Slim 120GB) and it was detected. I assume something in the hardware changed from the older Fat and the newer Slim, I've been reading and it seems this disk has a technology called "Advanced Format Drive" which is not compatible with my old PS3, I assume it does work with the Slim because some other reviewers said so. I order the previous version of this disk: "Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500 GB Bulk/OEM Hard Drive 2.5 Inch, 8 MB Cache, 5400 RPM SATA II WD5000BEVT", I will update this review as soon as I get and test this third drive. Wish me luck.

EDIT 2:
Got the third disk. It seems the WD5000BEVT works for me. So far I conclude this hard drive, might or might not work for the PS3 Slim, I can't confirm or deny it.
on March 4, 2013
I bought this hard drive to replace the stock drive in my MacBook Pro, which as giving signs of imminent failure. I had no trouble installing or formatting it and it is running beautifully as it is very quiet and fast. Amazon had the best price for it, too!
on June 1, 2013
As mentioned above, this is one great piece of tech to upgrade to if your PS3 is full. The procedure is easy and believe it or not, Sony will help you with procedure.....:-} What more can be better.....Kudos WD.........and Sony.
on January 7, 2013
I own and operate a computer repair store and purchased this drive from seller TopGear through Amazon for a customer. I purchased it in November 2012. The customer came into my store today and we determined that the hard drive was dead. I said "No Problem, it's covered under warranty." Much to my surprise I check on the warranty status of his less-than-3-month-old hard drive to see that is has absolutely no warranty. Not only does it look bad that the hard drive has failed for a customer less than 3 months after getting it installed, but it looks like I sold my customer a USED HARD DRIVE.

So what am I saying? Maybe they sell used hard drives. Maybe this was a mistake. If you buy a hard drive from "TopGear" I would put the serial number in the Western Digital (or whoever makes the drive) web site to make sure that you have a new drive with an active warranty.

Amazon is great though, so they are offering me a full refund, but beware with the Seller.
on May 1, 2013
I bought this Hard Drive for my roommates 120gb Ps3 slim for Christmas. I did a ton of research on different Hard drive before settling on this one. I had no issues installing or formatting this using just the ps3. Drive is quite and seems to run a little bit cooler then the stock 120gb we replaced. I have noticed slightly faster load times but this may be due to the old 120gb being full and the new 500gb being mostly empty. This drive has been going strong for months and should last.