Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on April 2, 2013
After buying these knives during the Christmas sale, I finally got the opportunity to try these out with my friends around some beers. After washing them, I examined them to see if they were really sharp at all. I personally had never seen the round edges on a steak knife such as this, and was really surprised it would cut anything at all. While this was going through my head, it accidentally cut the cloth I was drying them on.

Needless to say, they are amazing. Everybody marveled at how easy it sliced through the ribeye. Great stuff, and I hope I get many years out of this purchase. Might be useful to wait until they are on sale, but if you pull the trigger, it will be worth it.
on January 2, 2014
I am pushing 80 and have been cutting steaks all of my life. These Shun knives are extremely sharp and smooth. They make most any steak feel like a Wagyu #5. Sometimes I even take them out to dinner when I plan to order steak.

This is the first, and likely the last, review I have ever written. . I have no affiliation with anyone - this is being written because these knives are flat out wonderful. If you want a great knife, you just found it.

Shun makes lots of knives including other steak knives which cost less. I've never tried them.
on June 20, 2012
Earlier this year we purchased a few Shun knives to replace a Wusthof set we received as a wedding gift 10+ years ago. We loved the Shun style so much but it took several months of convincing before getting the steak knives, given the price... but I am glad we made the investment.
on December 28, 2013
Got this as a Christmas present. They are so sleek looking and super sharp. Am trying them out on a steak tonight. Used them with Christmas duck.

Love the knife.

LD
on May 1, 2012
Never in a milion years did I ever think my housemate would pay $371 for 4 steak knives yet alone buying the 7 peice knife set that is excellent. although we are having a slight problem with the kitchen shears I know they stand by their product and will replace as soon as I call.

The steak knives will be around and still going strong after 20+ years!
66 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2014
I'm an experienced home cook with an excellent knife collection. I could not resist when I caught a lightning deal for these at $199.00 about 2 years ago. They are simply amazing. I only pull them out occasionally.

I can't say anything has compared to the balance, quality and performance of these. On top of that, they are stunning.

Even the causal diner will immediately recognize the quality, and those who can really tell the difference will be thrilled. I'm not kidding.