Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on September 23, 2011
This box is advertised by Amazon as being the box for the Bushnell Black LEDs trophy camera. It is not, it's too small. I've notified Amazon but apparently the comments have fallen on deaf ears. The correct box is made by Camlockbox and is available on Amazon.Security Box Fits Bushnell Trophy Cam Black LED Trail Cameras
on January 18, 2012
I recently bought a Bushnell Trophy Cam trail camera to supplement the two Primos cameras that I already had. My impression of the camera itself was that I didn't think it would be rugged enough to withstand bear attacks, so I bought this security case for it. I hesitated buying it because of all of the reviews from people who said it didn't fit. I was pleased to find that the camera fit inside the security case very well. Since it's winter here now, I won't be able to speak to how well it handles the elements, but there is nothing about the construction of the security case that would lead me to believe that it wouldn't work well. The case is comparable to the cases that I have for my Primos cameras, and I know that they have endured rain nearly every second or third day throughout the spring, summer and fall, as well as a few bear attacks, close up inspection by bears and moose, and being used as a backscratcher by a black bear one time while it was recording video. This security case comes with a padlock, which might be a plus to some people, although I won't be using it. My cameras are placed in different places on a one hundred acre tract of land that I own, so I am not so concerned about someone stealing or tampering with the camera, as I am about the weather and abuse by animals. The padlock allows for quite a lot of play, allowing the cover to be lifted up a half an inch or more, and I'd rather have that cinched tight, so I will probably replace the padlock with something as simple as a twist tie. For better camouflage, I have placed some fabric camouflage tape over the exterior of the security case, which should nearly make it disappear among even a small amount of foliage. The Bushnell Trophy Cam is much smaller than the Primos cameras and the Primos cameras are fairly hard to see with the camouflage tape. Overall, I like the security case, and will add to, or edit this review next spring or summer after I have put it to work real time. My camouflage taping may be see on my wildlife site at

Added on May 9, 2012: After approximately one month in the woods, my experience with the security case is positive. It has already survived two bear attacks and one curious moose. Since I am using my camera well within my own property, I am not using the lock that came with the security case and am using the sort of twist ties that you might find in the produce section of the supermarket instead. Truth be told, I am using a twist tie that I stole from the supermarket but I'll deny that in court. The tie keeps the lid firmly closed, yet readily accessible.

Added on July 6, 2012: A couple of slight negatives. The strap gets in the way when I am trying to insert or remove the camera from the case, which is not a major problem but an annoyance, nevertheless. Also, when the security case is strapped onto a tree with rough bark, the lid, which opens at the top, gets stuck on the bark, requiring that the straps be loosened in order to remove the camera. This too, is more of an annoyance than a major problem.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2012
My *1 star* rating is because this is the WRONG bear safe (box) for the Black LED trail camera I ordered at the same time. Otherwise this Bushnell box looked fine; if only I could have used it. Amazon accepted my return without a problem (and free return shipping).

Other reviews of this box warned that the camera wouldn't fit so I double checked the model numbers before ordering. This bear safe was listed on Amazon and on the Bushnell web-site as the proper accessory for the Bushnell Trophy Cam Black LED Trail camera: Camera model numbers 119466C and 119467C. This box is too small for those cameras.

The error of listing this box to fit those cameras should have been corrected long ago.

Get the "Camlockbox" (which I subsequently ordered and have also reviewed = 5 stars). It actually allows the camera to fit inside.

Note: the Camlockbox does not come with a padlock.
on June 30, 2011
I purchased the metal case with the intent of using it with a Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam. Unfortunately the camera does not fit in this case and the product description does not state that. In fact, I purchased the Trophy Cam off Amazon as well and the case I ordered was suggested during purchase of the camera.

The case itself looks well built and secure for the Bushnell cameras that do fit it. Amazon needs to update the product description so it reflects that this case will not work with the newer Bushnell HD cameras.
on August 23, 2013
I do like the case but its not keeping bears from damaging the camera , but, so humans cant steal the camera itself.(i had one stolen w/o security case). I do wish that it had a hole on back of case that a 1/2 " cable can be run thru it. This way that it would be even harder to steal the camera. The 1/2" hole would let a treestand style cable go thru it and then go around the tree. I do hunt /scout more than 20 days a year...and I would recommend it to a friend
on September 7, 2013
This product has performed well in an exposed environment for several years. The case appears to be stronger than the little lock that came with it.
on September 13, 2014
I had two of these the first one somebody popped the crappy lock that came with it and stole my camera the second one some one bent the hinge back and pulled of lid like it was even locked the second one I put a bigger lock on it too since the lock they send is crappy but it didn't matter cause the hinge on the lid is not solid and it was bent back where lid came off buy a better camera box then this its cheap but not worth it spend more money in the long run you will save that's how I caught the leaves I had one custom made theives didn't steal camera or box with camera in it and they where busted
on November 3, 2011
Does what it's supposed to do at a reasonable price. I have had bears chew, swat and otherwise damage cameras before. It would get five stars if you didn't need an extra lock to secure it to the tree for anti theft (I use a python lock for that). Who needs to carry 2 keys for each camera?
on November 1, 2012
Exactly what I expected. I already own 3 of these devices and am pleased with all of them. These products are used to protect trail cameras from attacks by bears or other animals. I learned the hard way their necessity when I left a camera unprotected in the woods a few years ago.
on July 8, 2011
I was really hoping to make this work with the 8MP Bushnell Trophy Cam that I ordered with the Bear Safe, but the former did not fit into the latter. Unfortunately, I ordered this before the a previous reviewer noted the same - otherwise I can't find anywhere on the product page that notes this incompatibility. Fortunately, amazon makes returns easy, and it's already on it's way back! On the plus side, the bear safe looks bullet proof - I wish I could have used it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse