Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 23, 2011
This box is advertised by Amazon as being the box for the Bushnell Black LEDs trophy camera. It is not, it's too small. I've notified Amazon but apparently the comments have fallen on deaf ears. The correct box is made by Camlockbox and is available on Amazon.Security Box Fits Bushnell Trophy Cam Black LED Trail Cameras
on January 18, 2012
I recently bought a Bushnell Trophy Cam trail camera to supplement the two Primos cameras that I already had. My impression of the camera itself was that I didn't think it would be rugged enough to withstand bear attacks, so I bought this security case for it. I hesitated buying it because of all of the reviews from people who said it didn't fit. I was pleased to find that the camera fit inside the security case very well. Since it's winter here now, I won't be able to speak to how well it handles the elements, but there is nothing about the construction of the security case that would lead me to believe that it wouldn't work well. The case is comparable to the cases that I have for my Primos cameras, and I know that they have endured rain nearly every second or third day throughout the spring, summer and fall, as well as a few bear attacks, close up inspection by bears and moose, and being used as a backscratcher by a black bear one time while it was recording video. This security case comes with a padlock, which might be a plus to some people, although I won't be using it. My cameras are placed in different places on a one hundred acre tract of land that I own, so I am not so concerned about someone stealing or tampering with the camera, as I am about the weather and abuse by animals. The padlock allows for quite a lot of play, allowing the cover to be lifted up a half an inch or more, and I'd rather have that cinched tight, so I will probably replace the padlock with something as simple as a twist tie. For better camouflage, I have placed some fabric camouflage tape over the exterior of the security case, which should nearly make it disappear among even a small amount of foliage. The Bushnell Trophy Cam is much smaller than the Primos cameras and the Primos cameras are fairly hard to see with the camouflage tape. Overall, I like the security case, and will add to, or edit this review next spring or summer after I have put it to work real time. My camouflage taping may be see on my wildlife site at petramainewildlife.com.

Added on May 9, 2012: After approximately one month in the woods, my experience with the security case is positive. It has already survived two bear attacks and one curious moose. Since I am using my camera well within my own property, I am not using the lock that came with the security case and am using the sort of twist ties that you might find in the produce section of the supermarket instead. Truth be told, I am using a twist tie that I stole from the supermarket but I'll deny that in court. The tie keeps the lid firmly closed, yet readily accessible.

Added on July 6, 2012: A couple of slight negatives. The strap gets in the way when I am trying to insert or remove the camera from the case, which is not a major problem but an annoyance, nevertheless. Also, when the security case is strapped onto a tree with rough bark, the lid, which opens at the top, gets stuck on the bark, requiring that the straps be loosened in order to remove the camera. This too, is more of an annoyance than a major problem.
44 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2014
I had two of these the first one somebody popped the crappy lock that came with it and stole my camera the second one some one bent the hinge back and pulled of lid like it was even locked the second one I put a bigger lock on it too since the lock they send is crappy but it didn't matter cause the hinge on the lid is not solid and it was bent back where lid came off buy a better camera box then this its cheap but not worth it spend more money in the long run you will save that's how I caught the leaves I had one custom made theives didn't steal camera or box with camera in it and they where busted
on April 16, 2012
My *1 star* rating is because this is the WRONG bear safe (box) for the Black LED trail camera I ordered at the same time. Otherwise this Bushnell box looked fine; if only I could have used it. Amazon accepted my return without a problem (and free return shipping).

Other reviews of this box warned that the camera wouldn't fit so I double checked the model numbers before ordering. This bear safe was listed on Amazon and on the Bushnell web-site as the proper accessory for the Bushnell Trophy Cam Black LED Trail camera: Camera model numbers 119466C and 119467C. This box is too small for those cameras.

The error of listing this box to fit those cameras should have been corrected long ago.

Get the "Camlockbox" (which I subsequently ordered and have also reviewed = 5 stars). It actually allows the camera to fit inside.

Note: the Camlockbox does not come with a padlock.
on June 30, 2011
I purchased the metal case with the intent of using it with a Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam. Unfortunately the camera does not fit in this case and the product description does not state that. In fact, I purchased the Trophy Cam off Amazon as well and the case I ordered was suggested during purchase of the camera.

The case itself looks well built and secure for the Bushnell cameras that do fit it. Amazon needs to update the product description so it reflects that this case will not work with the newer Bushnell HD cameras.
on August 20, 2013
Nice protection for the camera. It is easy to use and install. The lock is also very nice. Not like impossible to open (like with a hand saw) but enough for most general purposes.
Yes, I recommend it.
on July 21, 2011
Worked well as a theft deterent. No complaints. I secured with a locking cable. If I had to change/add something, I'd make it so it could be adjusted for vertical aim. Not sure reasonably how to do this, but then haven't spent time studying it either.
on October 23, 2015
I have this box lag bolted to a tree. The gauge of the steel is such that if anybody tries to steal the camera they will damage it trying to get into the case. The weak link would be the lock. However, it is adequate unless someone comes along specifically to take it with bolt cutters or a grinder to cut the lock. It has the round end key similar to what vending machines use. Almost impossible to pick.
on April 19, 2014
First off, I'm a big Bushnell fan. I have three Trophy Cams, my hunting scope is Bushnell, etc.

The good:
I like the lock and the build quality is good for the price. The Trophy Cam fits in it well.

The bad:
The engineers/designers screwed the pooch on this one. No instructions come with this product, which doesn't seem like it should be a problem. The point of having the case is to securely mount the trail cam so it can't easily be stolen. One way is to use a cable lock through the box and secure it to something like a tree. I have two of the suggested cable locks and neither of them will fit through the holes provided while the cam is in the box, and you can't put the cam in after putting the cable through, either.
Ok, so we'll use the holes drilled on the back to bolt/screw it to trees or something. NOPE, can't really do that either. The holes through the middle of the back of the box line up with the posts on the back of the Trophy Cam, making it impossible to put screws or bolts in them and then insert the trail cam.

SO, in order to use this case I'm going to have to drill all new holes in places that will work. That sucks. I had this with me in the woods a month ago in a new place I want to hunt coyotes and couldn't put it up because of these problems. Still haven't been able to go back out there yet. I wasted $30 in gas because of these stupid issues.
on November 12, 2015
My camera doesn't seem to have a nice fit in here so I've used a twig to lift the camera up. Aside from that I think it's a good case and the lock seems to handle Florida's downpours nicely. There's a couple signs of rust on the corners but it's in good shape for the beating the rain gives it.