Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Size: 3-Block|Change

on July 9, 2012
I always add a "turtle tablet" when I do a water change for my red-earred slider turtle. It prevents the shell pitting and discoloration caused by bacteria. The active ingredient is Sulfa.

One time I didn't put a fresh tablet in the water and the turtle's shell became pitted. I did a water change and added a fresh turtle tablet. In a few days, the shell cleared up.
on May 25, 2014
Use this in my tank. Seems to work as described, no problems with it. Just an FYI for all of you complaining that is "dissolves too quickly".

THIS IS NOT VACATION FOOD!!! IT IS MEANT TO DISSOLVE AND TREAT YOUR WATER.

Although it has dissolved, that doesn't mean that it is not still in the water, now it is equally dispersed throughout the whole body of water treating it, it is just not in a hard block form. Its properties last for the 45-60 day period, though you cannot see it...remember that thing in science class called diffusion???? Saturation??? Concentrations??? It will dissolve so your water has an equal amount throughout the whole tank, that doesn't mean it is not still in your water-you just cant see it anymore! I would not overdose because it "dissolved too fast"
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
we bought these when we introduced our yellow bellied slider to the koi pond. didnt harm the fish. slow release tablets and works just fine
on September 22, 2014
I absolutely LOVE these water conditioners for my turtles' tank. They condition the water and help keep it a little cleaner a little longer. When I clean out the turtles' tank, I always throw one of these conditioners in there after refilling the tank with fresh water. The downside is that my turtles like to nibble at/eat these little turtles, so they don't last as long as they otherwise could. Sometimes, if I notice the water getting SLIGHTLY dirty and I don't feel like re-cleaning the tank but I'll be having guests over, I throw in another turtle conditioner, which helps the water stay cleaner a bit longer for some reason. I don't really understand how it works - I just know it does. However, when I say SLIGHTLY, I mean if it's been no more than a week since the water in the tank has been completely changed out. This will also vary based on the size of your tank and turtles. I have a 20 gallon tank. I just want you to know that this product is not a miracle worker, but it is a must-have product for any turtle tank in my opinion.

I use this in conjunction with the liquid version of the water conditioner. I feel like the liquid conditioner works well by initially mixing in with the freshly added water, whereas these turtle blocks act as a slow-release conditioner, if that makes sense. Even if it doesn't make sense, I definitely see a difference in the water quality when I add only the liquid conditioner versus when I add the liquid conditioner and this little turtle-shaped conditioner as well.
on January 15, 2016
This stuff is okay, but it lasts nowhere near as long as the packaging says. Before you know it, it is vanished. I'm not really sure that it does anything for larger turtles, anyway. I would recommend that you simply buy liquid water conditioner designed for turtles, change out the tank water more often, and/or buy a pump filter on Amazon designed for turtle tanks to avoid needing this at all. These simple vanish to quickly...especially if you have a larger turtle who swims around a lot, stirring up the water which will speed up the way that these dissolve.
on December 17, 2015
My turtles shell had a small pit in it. He had it for a very long time and it didn't seem to get worse, but even after shedding his shell it was still there. These seemed to help heal it up a little bit.

I would suggest if your turtles shell starts showing any signs of disease you consult a vet. I got lucky that my poor care taking didn't seem to affect my turtle any. So these might be a good idea to prevent your turtles shell from running into any issues.
on March 27, 2015
Very hard to cut if you have a smaller tank than they advertise. They say "Cut in half for ten gallon tank" but sawing this thing in half was very challenging and ended up breaking into pieces. (I have a 10 gal so I cut direct in "half")

As for animals eating them - I hid mine in some gravel so the turtle never saw it as it disintegrated. Seems to be working wonderfully so far to keep the waters clean and clear. My turtle has always been healthy so I cannot comment there one way or another.
on May 31, 2013
I guess they work. It does what it says. I put mine under a fast current filter so it dissolved very fast. Other than that it appears to do what it says. I don't know if it actually kills any bacteria or anything though.
on May 26, 2014
Turtle Happy. Goldfish he's waiting to eat are happy. We're happy. He was always healthy and had no shell pitting, so hard to know if this bacteria killer helped him - but I like the idea of less salmonella in the water. And the calcium is good for him. Then again, I also have a bell I ring to keep the lions, tigers, and bears out of my closets and it works great so far.
Just can't say I "love" this product. Am glad it is out there. Would definitely use it again if a problem develops. My hunch is if the water is changed frequently enough, the filtration and diet and quality of your water are all good,this product may not be necessary.
on May 13, 2014
I got these to use in our snapping turtle's tank. He had been over-fed and the water was a little cloudy. Having just cleaned the tank my husband did NOT want to change the water again. I dropped one of these tablets in and the water cleared right up! Also, before we had the tablets, the turtle would grow algae on his shell sometimes. I don't think this is bad for the turtle, as this happens in the wild all the time, but it is kind of gross to look at. This has not happened since using the tablet.