Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Size: 3-BlockChange

on July 9, 2012
I always add a "turtle tablet" when I do a water change for my red-earred slider turtle. It prevents the shell pitting and discoloration caused by bacteria. The active ingredient is Sulfa.

One time I didn't put a fresh tablet in the water and the turtle's shell became pitted. I did a water change and added a fresh turtle tablet. In a few days, the shell cleared up.
0Comment28 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2014
Use this in my tank. Seems to work as described, no problems with it. Just an FYI for all of you complaining that is "dissolves too quickly".

THIS IS NOT VACATION FOOD!!! IT IS MEANT TO DISSOLVE AND TREAT YOUR WATER.

Although it has dissolved, that doesn't mean that it is not still in the water, now it is equally dispersed throughout the whole body of water treating it, it is just not in a hard block form. Its properties last for the 45-60 day period, though you cannot see it...remember that thing in science class called diffusion???? Saturation??? Concentrations??? It will dissolve so your water has an equal amount throughout the whole tank, that doesn't mean it is not still in your water-you just cant see it anymore! I would not overdose because it "dissolved too fast"
33 comments29 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
we bought these when we introduced our yellow bellied slider to the koi pond. didnt harm the fish. slow release tablets and works just fine
on January 3, 2013
My turtles can't get enough of this product. Works wonderful I always keep these handy running out is not an option
on September 22, 2014
I absolutely LOVE these water conditioners for my turtles' tank. They condition the water and help keep it a little cleaner a little longer. When I clean out the turtles' tank, I always throw one of these conditioners in there after refilling the tank with fresh water. The downside is that my turtles like to nibble at/eat these little turtles, so they don't last as long as they otherwise could. Sometimes, if I notice the water getting SLIGHTLY dirty and I don't feel like re-cleaning the tank but I'll be having guests over, I throw in another turtle conditioner, which helps the water stay cleaner a bit longer for some reason. I don't really understand how it works - I just know it does. However, when I say SLIGHTLY, I mean if it's been no more than a week since the water in the tank has been completely changed out. This will also vary based on the size of your tank and turtles. I have a 20 gallon tank. I just want you to know that this product is not a miracle worker, but it is a must-have product for any turtle tank in my opinion.

I use this in conjunction with the liquid version of the water conditioner. I feel like the liquid conditioner works well by initially mixing in with the freshly added water, whereas these turtle blocks act as a slow-release conditioner, if that makes sense. Even if it doesn't make sense, I definitely see a difference in the water quality when I add only the liquid conditioner versus when I add the liquid conditioner and this little turtle-shaped conditioner as well.
on May 31, 2013
I guess they work. It does what it says. I put mine under a fast current filter so it dissolved very fast. Other than that it appears to do what it says. I don't know if it actually kills any bacteria or anything though.
on May 2, 2013
I put mine in the corner of the tank on the opposite end of my filter and it is slowly releasing like it said it would. Absolutely love the fact that I can just drop it in and be done!
on April 1, 2013
I have red eared turtles and sometimes has worms in the water if they let food sit. I clean the tank completely i might see a stray or two still in there i use this and they are gone
on April 9, 2013
I think this is essential for baby turtles and basic maintenance!

It doesn't pollute the water, not harmful if you turtle starts biting it (probably better absorption?!).
on June 9, 2013
I've never run my tank without these so I can't say they are the reason we have no problems but they are the only thing in my tank on a regular basis from a chemical standpoint.