Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

Size: 72-CountChange

on January 21, 2011
The Nylabone Nutri Dent Minichews (72-Count) that I ordered and received looked stale -- color was not solid green as they normally are, but were whitest in color. I'm not sure why they looked off-color, but I disposed of them. I contacted Amazon and they immediately issued a credit for the Minichews. Thank you Amazon, but let's do a little more quality control over parishable items.

EdeBee
22 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I've been feeding these dental treats to my dog for several years. The dog likes them. The treats appear to be healthy. The treats are green with white markings (the white markings make them look old, but each time I order, the expiration date is always a year or two in the future). I give one treat to him twice a week.

Good prices on Amazon, but... There are several package/quantity varieties of this item on Amazon, so look around on Amazon to find the best deal. "Subscribe & Save" offers an additional discount.

The seller was Amazon.

This is not the only dental related treat that I give my dog. Here are others:
1) Chicken Wrapped Rawhide Chews (homemade by seller al9210 on eBay)
2) ValueBull 100 ct Regular 4in All Natural Bully Sticks, also available from Value Pet Supplies
3) Nylabone Advanced Oral Care Liquid Tartar Remover, 16-Ounce, or V-Oratene Drinking Water Additive 4 oz

keyword: fresh
on March 5, 2012
The mini chews are SMALL. I was surprised at how small they were, but since we have a 4lb morkie pup, I figured they'd be safe for him to eat under supervision.

I expected a generic greenie, but these are much harder and don't have that twizzler type texture that the greenies seem to have. These are a lot cheaper than greenies, so the price is reasonable, especially if you use subscribe and save.

My dog seems to like them, but again, because of the teeny size, I wouldn't leave him unattended while eating these for fear he might choke.

8/27/2012 UPDATE

I've since upped my rating to 4 stars since my dog is now older and REALLY REALLY LOVES these! The vet has told us that they keep plaque from building up on his teeth, so I am diligent about giving him one after each meal. I wish they lasted long. He can finish one in a few seconds, but that's ok. Also, have found these to be a lot cheaper at Petsmart and am able to get twice the amount for the same price as amazon.
on April 16, 2012
Have been ordering this item for years and my dog loves. This order was different. It does not have the strong smell it usually does and my dog doesn't like them.
on July 30, 2014
My corgihuahua is not very treat motivated, and is super picky with food in general. This is the one and only treat he will lose his mind with excitement over, and he tries to give me a high-five as soon as he sees me going for the bag. The clean teeth are a bonus!
review image
on September 25, 2013
My little 3 lb pup loves these! They are not too big for her mouth and they seem to help, at least a little, with her stinky dog breath. Because she is so little, it is nearly impossible to brush her teeth, so these are great for her!
on October 29, 2007
My spoiled dog, who doesn't like most treats, LOVES these...and, they are actually healthy for him. They are all natural with vitamins and provide a plaque fighting remedy for my dog who hates to have his teeth brushed.
on September 2, 2008
My cat seems to like to chew and so since he is a large cat. He loves this dog green chews, I never find any left on the floor. He has good breath too.
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2008
I have a half Pomeranian and half Chihuahua. He has a tiny mouth, and he loves these Nutri Dents. I have looked at all the major pet stores that I usually go to, (3 big pet stores) and no one carries the mini's. I was getting so frustrated when to my surprise they were on amazon for half the price and the package included allot more.
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2014
keeps her breath clean and her teeth shiny and healthy. gets one mini-chew a night. looks forward to it and never turns them away. have brought from amazon.com multiple times and will continue to do so. price is better than anywhere else, incl. target.