Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Item Package Quantity: 1|Size: 1 Roll|Change
Price:$4.10+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on May 6, 2015
I normally buy the smaller red one. I tried this one, because it was a better deal. For me, this is my new favorite 3M packing tape. It's so easy to unwind, I'm not use to it. It has worked great for me in taping items, and packages. For boxes, I would try the Heavy Duty one. I don't think this one is strong enough for those tasks. Give it a try.
VINE VOICEon June 22, 2010
Item Package Quantity: 1|Size: 1 Roll|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Began using the Scotch Sure Start Shipping Tape w/ Dispenser immediately after delivery and the dispenser worked flawlessly - of course the tape does its job also. However, the point of the dispenser is to enable the taping of box seams which can be done with one hand as the other is keeping the two cardboard ends together. I've no doubt others may find different uses for this product but for my intended use it's perfect.
on August 28, 2011
Bought 3 rolls. First use was to attach a small piece of paper with speed dial numbers to the back of my three telephones. The tape, for this purpose, is useless. I then tried what was left of the US Postal Service tape (looks the same), and it held perfectly. The Scotch product is clearly inferior. Rather than try on a package, I will return for a refund.
on December 6, 2015
I just recently moved and we have an 8 month old. We could only pack at night when she would go to bed due to us having to watch her while she was awake. If you have kids you know any sound will wake them up and I thought for sure that even though that this was advertised as being quiet it wouldn't hold up to that. I was SHOCKED at how quiet it was and how smooth it glided down the box. It made our packing experience less stressful knowing we could get a lot of stuff done in the little time that we had. We will be buying this roll again for everything and will recommend it to everyone who is moving or packing a lot of boxes
VINE VOICEon July 15, 2010
I'm constantly packaging/shipping things, so I use a lot of tape. This tape, while it unwinds easy and is easier to start, isn't something I'll use on a regular basis. It's not terribly durable and the adhesive seems...off...to me. I'd suggest going with the standard Scotch shipping tape, or better still their Super Strength tape - my new favorite.
Having used many different brands of packing tape over the years, I've found that nothing beats the 2 inch width Scotch and it's effortless to use dispenser.

I ship packages frequently and seem to go through tape like water, buying it on Amazon at a fair price with Prime eligible two day free shipping makes this deal both a great value and wonderfully convenient.

The tape is very strong and the crystal clarity makes it ideal for taping over shipping labels without distorting the bar codes. Simply a superb product that's easy to use and a great value and time saver as you don't have to run out to a store to grab a few rolls when you run out.

I would also add that this particular width and dispenser aren't always in stock and something difficult to find so ordering fro Amazon is a great time saver to boot.

Highly Recommended
VINE VOICEon June 22, 2010
Without question, choosing a shipping tape when you need to send a package should not have to be rocket science. All one really needs is a reliable product that is easy to use and of good quality. The Scotch Sure Start Shipping Packaging Tape certainly fills the bill on all counts. The tape secures my packages nicely & the dispenser is absolutely no trouble at all. It's also the easiest tape I ever used when it comes to finding the edge of the tape when you need to proceed to your next mailing, when & if you do manage to lose the edge of the tape (this happens rarely, as the simple & effective design of the dispenser keeps the edge of the tape in place near the cutting teeth virually all of the time.) I mail packages to family & friends around the country & even as far away as Austrailia quite often, so I appreciate a packing tape I can rely on. This Scotch Sure Start Shipping Packaging Tape certainly does the trick!
VINE VOICEon June 22, 2010
Leave it to the adhesive masters at 3M to come up with a solution to a common annoyance -- noisy packing tape. This impacts me more than the average person because this particular sound grates on me and causes the painful sensation most people think of when they hear nails on a chalkboard. Sure Start Tape solves the problem with a smooth, no-fuss, no-noise unravel that doesn't stick to everything (except the box) while you're unrolling it. It's what shipping tape should have been all along, frankly.

As for the dispenser, it's nothing fancy, but it should be enough to get the job done. You simply pull a paper tag off the edge to expose the serrated blade which is just sharp enough to cut the tape but not so sharp as to easily cut yourself. Still, you'll want to keep it away from small children. My only complaint is there doesn't seem to be anywhere we can grip the dispenser that won't also grip the sides of the tape, making the unraveling difficult. You may end up pulling the tape out by hand, then using the blade to cut or just transferring the entire roll to a tape gun.

The tape itself seems to be slightly less sticky than standard shipping tape but it has no problem staying attached to standard cardboard boxes and envelopes. Scotch has made a convert out of me and I'll use this type of tape in the future.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 27, 2015
This big roll of tape does the job and is quiet! It doesn't make that horrible screeching sound that most packing tape does. It's almost silent which is a pleasant change. It doesn't get stuck to itself and everything else but sticks well to cardboard boxes and other packing materials. It is wide and there is a lot of tape in the roll. The blade is serrated and sharp but not so much so that you will end up bleeding if you touch it. The price, too, is good for the amount of tape in the roll.

As a bonus, the holder can be refilled with like-sized rolls of tape. I used the roll I bought and then bought a roll of plain 3" packing tape and it fit fine in the dispenser. However,the generic roll I bought was not as good so I went back to only Scotch brand. It's so much less frustrating than slightly cheaper but annoying and unsticky tape. Scotch Sure Start Packing Tape is the best I have tried.
on November 29, 2011
This is a thick tape, and works fine if used without the dispenser.

But while using with this dispenser, the sharp teeth at the end aren't able to cut this tape properly, forcing me to use scissors. If you apply too much force to try to get it to cut the tape, you end up risking injuries, and misaligning the tap seam or hitting table or whatever object the box is lying onto.

I won't recommend this product.