Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 22, 2011
It seemed too good to be true, 3 golf umbrellas for around $25 (~$8.34/each) but with almost every umbrella I own basically in shambles after over 10 years of abuse I figured it was time for some new ones. Included is a Navy, Black, and Black n' White umbrella.

For the price you end up paying per umbrella, I was impressed with the quality. The umbrella shaft itself is made of fiber-glass and is very rigid, while the frame itself(under the cloth) is made of nylon with a fiber-glass finish. The only real negative I have about the actual design is in relation to the lock mechanism for the umbrella. It is the weakest part of the umbrella, in my opinion, with the lock controlled only by a simple flimsy button that says "push". It feels very cheap and probably will be the first thing to go on the umbrella, but of course you can still manually open the umbrella. When unlocked, the umbrella will automatically open at a casual speed. It doesn't just explode open like some of the umbrellas I have owned in the past, it feels much more controlled.

As for the umbrella cloth itself, it seems pretty sturdy and won't rip during mild winds. The double canopy design seems very helpful and constructed well, holding up just fine during a windy day by my house. The umbrella itself keeps itself in check by having two Velcro straps which do a fine job at keeping the umbrella secure. Of course once you open the umbrella you will see a small eye sore that is *advertisement*. Every umbrella (as per the product description) does indeed have a Forgan of St. Andrews logo on it. It isn't as bad as one might think though.

- Best way to describe it would be to look at the 3 pack image provided by Amazon. The Umbrellas are broken into 8 sections (like a Pizza Pie). The logo will be on ONE section of the umbrealla, on the bottom section of the fabric.

While there is a logo there, I don't find it all that bothersome in the end. It doesn't take up that much space, nor is it noticeable to you when using the umbrella. However, it still feels like unwanted advertising that turns you into a walking billboard. If you want to advertise for something I have to buy, engrave it into the shaft, or attach a nice faux-leather tag to the handle... but don't turn me into a billboard.

OVERALL I would say all 3 umbrellas are good quality pieces. They are built to withstand a little abuse and some nasty gusts, but also provide ease of use and comfort. For the price you pay (was $24 at time of purchase for me) you end up with some very good umbrellas at a very good price. If you need a set of wide umbrellas to stay dry, then the Forgan Double-Canopy umbrellas won't let you down. The only real negatives here is my distrust for the lock-release mechanism and of course, the unwanted advertising.

With that said, in the end...I sadly have to give this product 3 stars
4 stars since the product works as advertised...BUT it also gets 1 star for the tacky advertising. It makes the umbrellas seem like a promotional / marketing item rather than a retail purchase.

For those who do not care too much about the advertisement(like myself), it is a worthwhile purchase. If you do care about the advertisement, AVOID.
1010 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2011
At first I couldn't believe that three umbrellas came at a low price of $19. For $25 (including shipping), this is not a bad deal! The umbrellas came two days after I placed the order, much earlier than expected arrival. My husband and I appreciated the swift delivery because it's been raining in SFO and we're expecting more of this wet weather in the days to come. Kudos!

The umbrellas are tall and light. My husband can cover me and my baby with no problem. We have yet to see how these will hold up in the long run, but for the time being, this is a great purchase!
on December 23, 2011
First off, shipping was incredibly fast. I ordered on 12/20 and my package arrived on 12/23. Excellent.

The umbrellas themselves are excellent. They seem to be very quality and I know they are not going to fall apart quickly like something you would get from a Wal-type-store.

Having said that, the products pictured are not what you get. Yes, the colors are correct, however there is a logo. Many people have complained about the logo, but I don't think its anything to complain about.

The dimensions of the logo are as follows:

The Logo:

Logo Length:
11.5 inches

Logo placement:
One panel

Approximate dimensions of the umbrellas:

8 Panels
Each panel is about 19.5 inches in length at the base and about 27 inches from the base to the center of the umbrella.

What does this mean? The logo is small compared to the rest of the umbrella. It's like the guy riding a horse on your polo shirt.
on September 28, 2012
This looked like a pretty good deal, 3 golf-style umbrellas for less than $30 is unbeatable. But I guess that I will end up paying more because of the poor quality. One of the umbrellas already arrived with a crack on the carbon fiber shaft. It didin't matter to me because I'd still had 2 more. But one of the other 2 broke in the exact same spot after using it just once. I still have one more left that I'm afraid to use because I don't want it to break too soon.
on October 22, 2012
Exciting in opening the package but find that every single one of the item is broken or crack. I put in a order for replacement. I will update if the next batch is good or bad. The new package came up with everything in working order. Very happy!
review image
on June 24, 2013
Too good to be true, the umbrellas arrived timely but 2 of the 3 were broken.
The packing box was just fine.
They went in the box broken.
The closure locks were broken on 2.
Several of the tines were broken on 1.
Also, there were 2 blue but no black.
on September 23, 2014
Still cannot believe that we got 3 but this is got to be the best buy for umbrellas. They are a good quality and a good size as well. I would buy again if we lose the others because given the quality i don't think they will break and we have had them over a year and they have not torn nor broke in any way shape or form. We have one in each car and one in the house. They all get frequently used.
on July 17, 2011
Used mine for golfing. DId not stand up to the lightest of breezes. Spoke holder thread broke, spoke ends popped out of umbrella ends and support rods snapped. one down 2 to go.
on November 9, 2011
I thought this was a good bargain. However, all 3 umbrellas have broken. The brackets at the top of each umbrella were very weak. These are not good quality is umbrellas. While letting one down one of the broken brackets stab me in the hand. Now I have to buy new umbrellas, what a waste of money.
on October 9, 2015
Well you can't beat the price. Good size, with a vented top so the wind won't rip it out of your hand or invert the canopy. The button opener works every time and it has double velcro straps to keep it nice and tight when closed. I left a star off because they aren't the sturdiest of umbrellas. After about a year one is out of commission and one has a bent strut thing (what do you call those?) but still works for now. If it was one umbrella for this price I'd give it 1 star, but three pretty good umbrellas for this price gets 4 stars.