Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on April 20, 2012
My dog was pretty fond of chewing this toy until the ring became stuck around her bottom jaw, behind her lower canines. It took my husband and I 30 minutes to get it off her, with her screaming each time it shifted as the "plaque removing" hard plastic spikes dug into her gums. She was left bleeding and terrified but luckily were there to help her otherwise I think she would have really hurt herself trying to get free.

For the record, she is the appropriate size for this toy, though her snout is a bit on the small side.

Just beware, and maybe opt for a different shape of Nylabone.
88 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2014
We had this toy for several months for our puppy. She loved it. However, we just had to take her to the vet to get it removed from her mouth!
The circle part of the toy got locked inside her mouth behind her canine teeth and we could not dislodge it.
Because it was chewed up and sharp on the edges, each position we tried to move it in, just cut into her mouth more and more.
The vet had to totally sedate her and get bolt cutters to cut it off on each side.
I am sure this is rare and it must have been the fact that her mouth was at a perfect angle.
But I wouldn't take the chance on purchasing one if I were you.
It was very traumatic for the whole family and the Bill was $129 to get it removed!
Suggest another nylabone without a small opening!
on June 17, 2011
My black lab is a very powerful chewer. I've boughten so many different toys for her, and Nylabones seem to be the only toys that actually last a while. Any other toys and she bites pieces off within two minutes.

She really loves this Nylabone! She's had it for about two months now and it's starting to get pretty gross due to her bite marks and the fur and everything on the bone, so I think I'm going to buy a replacement one now. But it's very impressive for a dog toy to last for two months with my crazy chewer, so I think we were both very happy with this particular bone!
on January 6, 2014
i buy nylabones for my dogs often. they LOVE them. unfortunatly, this design is very dangerous for dogs. my one pup got the "triangle handle end" lodged under her lower jaw and up through her mouth behind her lower canine teeth. she was in extreme pain and very scared. THANKFULLY after a good bit of trying, i finally removed the bone and threw it straight in the trash. at one point i feared that i was going to have to take her to the emergency vet because i was having such a difficult time removing it. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS BONE
on May 15, 2013
Our dog loves chew toys so we like to have a few options around for her to chew. We got home from dinner tonight and she was playing with this toy and thank goodness someone was here to help her because she got her lower jaw stuck inside the today and was shrieking and panicked. We threw the toy away. We use a lot of Nylabone products and have not had any problems besides this particular design.
on June 7, 2013
Like others, I bought this product for a large (70lb) dog because the product description doesn't say it's for smaller dogs. And like other still, my dog got his lower jaw stuck in the triangle portion of the toy. Luckily, since he is large it was easy for to take it off of him because it couldn't get very far. He loves Nylabones and I have never had any issues with other products, but this one needs to be appropriately advertised for smaller dogs (although I don't think that would erase the issue of a dog getting stuck in it. In fact, a smaller dog could get stuck more easily). Back to the dinosaurs it is!
on July 8, 2011
This would be great for a smaller dog, but I bought it for my 75lb lab/pit and it is tiny. The description did not mention that it was for dogs up to 35lbs. Don't buy this for bigger dogs.
on February 27, 2016
Our dogs love Nylabones and this was no exception. I like the shape of this one better because it does not become a pointed stick from them to run around with (I have cuts on my legs from the other kind)
on November 2, 2013
I usually love all Nylabone products. Perhaps this is the only one I would not recommend, specifically to pet owners of dogs with long narrow snouts. My Australian Shepherd's bottom jaw fit so perfectly into the triangle shaped section that it got stuck on his jaw. We had to hold him down and gently maneuver it off without pulling on his teeth. Needless to say, it went into the trash. I would just say to anyone with a dog of similar build in the face as an Aussie, just get a different chew toy.
on January 17, 2014
I have two black lab mixes. We had been giving them rawhides for their chewing pleasures. Well our newest lab chews ALOT. We were giving him way too much rawhide to keep him from chewing furniture etc. So I was in Petsmart and saw a Heavy chewers section. I bought one there to try it out and boy am I glad I did. So for Christmas time I ordered a selection from Amazon and they have been a HUGE hit. He loves chewing on them and they are holding up well. He really loves playing tug with this one. Or even throwing it around for himself to fetch since it's lighter than some of the others I bought him. It's still very strong. I also don't have to worry about the amount of rawhide he's getting! Makes for happy pups and happy parents!