Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Size: LargeChange

on February 5, 2011
We have some serious Bulldog and Shar Pei chewers, and this is one chew toy I think is going to last a LONG time. It's a bit heavy for small dogs, I'd think...but our mini Shar Pei lugs it around. This and other chew toys were our pack's Christmas presents. Since then, it's chewed fairly evenly around the entire ring and barely marked by their teeth (the dogs take turns chewing). A nylabone wishbone would have been gone by now, and the big souper Dura Chew, which we usually buy, is chewed an inch or two down. I'm impressed by this ring. If your dog can carry it around, I would recommend this for the serious chewer!
0Comment30 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2011
I typically buy the Nylabone Dura Chew Bones for my two dogs. One of them in particular is a very tough chewer and needs a very strong bone if we want it to last. I decided to buy this ring bone to spoil them with a little variety. They LOVE IT, AND it is lasting just like the standard Dura Chews! The texture and shape keep them interested and entertained for hours at a time. I will definitely be buying another one after this has been destroyed.
on August 5, 2014
The nylabone durachew line of hard chew toys are the only toys I trust leaving in my dog's kennel with him. Everything else, including an extreme kong, will get destroyed. Plus he loves them! This ring usually lasts about 6 months before it just looks gross and I replace it - however, it is still completely intact, just worn down, after those 6 months.
review image
on February 18, 2012
I don't know if this was a fluke or not, but my 6 mnth old pup picked this up, dropped it and it shattered into 3 pieces within 24 hours.
11 comment12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2012
My dogs love these bones! I have an aggressive chewer & I always purchase Nylabone products for him. It's not as durable as a KONG, but instead of rubber, it's more of a plastic material. Be prepared, because it will splinter, if you have an aggressive chewer like mine, but it's definitely worth it because it keeps him entertained. I usually have one bone for 2-4 months, depending on his interest. You can even boil them in bouillon flavor once a week to keep the flavors strong! This product is much cheaper on Amazon compared to pet stores where they sell for $10-$30 (depending on the shape/style) for the larger size.
on October 29, 2013
I've bought my dog 4 of these rings over the 4 years I've had him. During those 4 years, he's always had an "active" ring, which means each has really lasted him about a year each. When compared to other toys, these are much more durable, as are all Nylabone products. My dog seems to be able to destroy/chew through most anything. He's a 60lb. Catahoula Leopard Dog. He loves soft toys, and so I once bought him a toy made out of a firehose that touted durability. He was able to destroy it in minutes. Luckily, he seems to love Nylabone products as well, and despite all his trying, he doesn't seem to be able to destroy these, at least not quite as quickly. Over time, they do break/get chewed down and need to be replaced. It is essential that you buy the right size Nylabone product for your dog, as a big dog will destroy a small dog targeted Nylabone product with one bite. But, if you buy the right sized Nylabone product for your dog, you are ensured a toy for your dog that will far exceed the lifespan of others.
on February 24, 2011
This has lasted well beyond any chew toy so far. It's perfect for dogs with powerful jaws. It keeps my mini dachshund happy for hours.
on October 18, 2011
It lasted a whole ten minutes until the dog dropped it on the tile and it broke into three pieces. Got it replaced and the 2nd one didn't do any better. I did get a refund from the company though.
22 comments14 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2013
I'll never understand why my dog prefers to chew plastic bones over real bones, but Nylabones are always her favorite! She especially loves this ring chew since she can put her paw through the ring to hold onto it. It is very durable except when run-over by a lawnmower. We're on our 2nd since my dog insists on bringing a bone with her each time she goes outside and my husband doesn't look where he's going when cutting the grass.
on March 1, 2012
I agree with the last review I saw about it being a 10 minute toy. It dropped maybe 2-3 feet to the floor from the bed and broke a small piece off. It was still almost a full circle. Then he dropped it again the next day and broke in half. I had the toy for about 2 months and he still plays with the half that's still intact. I give the product a one for durability but brought it up to a two because I guess I still got my money's worth because it still entertained my heavy chewing Pitbull. It's hard to find toys that won't be destroyed in a small period of time. This was an ok product.