Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on June 27, 2011
I ordered this item for my grandson and he has enjoyed it so much. I was pleased to receive this item and found that it could be assembled very easily and was very sturdy. I recommend this for anyone with children 6 years of age or more.
0Comment66 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2012
Good looking Basketball System and the kids have a lot of fun with it.
Be careful when you assemble it because the instructions are only figures with no explanations. The tricky part is when a tube has to slide into another tube. There is just one image and there are no labels on the tubes to help understanding the step.
The other problem is that when the ball hits the backboard it doesn't bounce because the backboard is not rigid enough and it absorbs the shot.
Other problem is the base, not that strong, it's better not to step on it!
0Comment76 of 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
I was thrilled to find a portable full-sized basketball system that I could afford. We live on a "city-sized" lot with a small paved patio, but my 3rd grade grandson wanted to practice shooting to a full-sized (and full height) hoop. Even though there are no words in the instructions, this 61+ grandma was able to assemble it herself (of course I am used to IKEA's directions!). Since I knew I wanted it full height, I assembled it to the top adjustment ON THE GROUND and did not raise the pole or attach the brackets that go between the pole and the base until I was finished. It was tricky raising the pole alone when finished with the other stuff (probably should have had two adults then) but sliding it to the grass first so it wouldn't roll too easily when trying to raise the pole was the answer. I then attached the brackets from the base to the pole (they were already attached loosely to the base). NOTE: Each hardware package contained 1 extra washer. Don't worry if you have leftovers.
0Comment43 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2012
Purchased this as a backyard practice goal for 5-10 year olds. It is great for that purpose, but might not be quite sturdy enough for older players. Cannot beat the price.
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2013
My son is 7 yrs old, Were hoping that he will like basketball. It's a great size that will grow with him as he gets older. Paid $120, free shipping. Good value for the price. My husband put it together by himself. he filled it with water instead of sand.
on February 23, 2012
Received this yesterday. I bought it for my 9 year old triplets. Took about 90 minutes to assemble by myself, pretty easy overall. Instructions were decent and easy to follow. All of the parts fit perfectly and assembly was very logical. This system seems to be exactly what I would expect for the price and should gives years of fun for my kids.
on September 6, 2013
Shipping was fast. If you want a good basic hoop this is OK. It might be worth spending more money and getting a better one. The way this one is adjustd for height is not that good. It is working well for us because my grandchildren are young and we have left it on the lowest setting.
on January 17, 2012
Very good quality set, and the price is a steal (I paid about $100). I can not imagine why anyone would want to pay twice or more for a portable system. I bought this for my kids. It is perfect for younger ages (8 and 12) as it can be set at lower heights, but it works well for teens too (good range of heights). Assembly can be a little difficult - if you are not good at building or putting stuff together, you might need help. But once built, the board and hoop are "solid".
0Comment25 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2014
Flimsy and not strong. Connector screws are poor quality and base is not stable at all.
My hoop wobbles a bit. Not impressed but have to live with it as I assembled it later than a month.
on March 6, 2013
After a year of use by our teenagers and weathering, it still functions like new. Some cousins saw mine and just ordered the same model from Amazon Prime.