Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on January 11, 2013
5 stars for function. My cat loved it. She drank out of the upper and lower sections. Zero stars for aesthetics. It was so loud, we had to double the usual volume on the TV. If I could keep it somewhere away from the main living areas of the house, I'd use this. But until then, it will be collecting dust in the basement.
33 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2011
I tried several different things to reduce the noise from the vibrations of the pump. Nothing worked for long. It also splashed water onto the floor. I finally threw it out and gave up on fountains. Happened on this one today at Walmart and thought I'd take a chance on it: "Aqua Fountain Aqua Cube Pet Fountain, 40 oz." It's $19.97. There is also a larger one for about $10 more. It is very very quiet and no problem w/water on the floor.
on September 13, 2013
this is the very worst pet fountain i have ever had. it's so noisy. we're tried placing in on a towel, but nothing muffles the noise. we're adjusted the water level. nothing. the only thing that seems to help is removing the filter but that defeats the purpose of the product. i am ordering a different product from another site.

**Update** user error. there is a switch on the pump to adjust flow. this will make the fountain much quieter. my cats are delighted.
on May 3, 2013
I bought this for my new kitten Candy.
Since it has been years from my last cat, I bought many stuff for my kitten before she came.
one of the items is this fountain.
I find it really nice & helped my cat to get as much water she needs at any time ( capacity is about 1L )
i read some reviews saying it noisy. well the noise it produces is minimum.
the trick in eleminating the noise is to prime the pump before use & align the pump with hole in the upper part of the fountain. also the water level should be at an optimum level.
The fountain circulates water through a filter then it pumps it toward a hole at the top to make water slide back to the bowl.
this movement aeriate the water with oxygen & keeps the temperature low also it excites the pet to drink water.
at the beginning i kept it of for a day till my cat start drinking from the fountain the second day i put it on now Candy drinks water from several points like the hole or the slide..
the only thing i find it kinda a negitave point is the filter which is according to manufacturer should be changed every 2 to 4 weeks. I'd suggest a filter with longer life or washable.
the fountain price is cheap & the material made from is durable yet tough so it wont break easily.
the electric cord is tough not easy to bite or cut by small pets
The product is high quality & I already recommended it for my pet owner friends & family.
I & my kitten love this product :)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 13, 2011
I've had this for about four years now, and it took almost that long to figure out a few things. First, if it's too loud, the filter has gunk in it. You have to take it apart, clean it, and flush it. It's super easy, and it makes the noise stop.

Second, that white thing the cord goes through is a stopper. You can pull it out, remove the pump, and put everything in the dishwasher.

Third, if you do that, there is no need to buy filters. Just use filtered water,
on April 2, 2015
This fountain is great for the price. there is no sound if you fill it regularly. very easy to clean and filters last three months
on November 26, 2011
It took a while for my cat to get acclimated to this fountain. I would turn it on for a few hours, then leave it off for another few hours. She started drinking it when it was off, but eventually got used to it on and even started drinking from the top when the water spills out. We recently moved into an apartment with 2 other cats and they both love it too.

The machine works fine, but there are a couple problems showing up that people addressed in other reviews. The water spigot can be a bit noisy: this can be solved by putting something (like decorative rocks) on top of it, so that the water spills around instead of straight upwards and plopping back down. The water can spill down from the spigot and over the edge: I think this is a side-effect of the water coming out too high, because when I put rocks on top of the spigot, this problem is also solved (it is not a result of the water level being too high, because it happens at all levels). The basin holds a lot of water, but there is not a lot of difference between the minimum and maximum water levels. If you aren't paying attention, the water can get too low fairly quickly and make the spigot noisy and I imagine it isn't good for the motor. What I do to solve this is only leave it on if I'm around the apartment and can monitor the levels.

There are a couple of problems, but they are really easy to solve. This is a great little filtering fountain and it comes at a great price. I would definitely recommend.
on March 9, 2011
Great little water dish! I love that it has the same design as the porcelain and stainless steel model for fraction of the price! Only do not by the filters for the other styles because this one uses a different filter! My cats love it and it takes up less space than their old fountain! One design flaw the pump is attached to the basin so don't consider it dishwaser safe, but easy enough to hand wash!
on January 24, 2016
I got this to help entice my 4 month old kitten away from the bathroom sinks. They have a ceramic version, but I didn't want to spend the money on it in case my cats didn't like it. My 10 year old cat doesn't seem to want to drink out of it, and after having for about 10 days I still don't think he has used it and still uses his water bowls on the second floor of the house. My kitten however was fine with it and will drink out of it, but still likes to drink out of faucets.

I had tried water fountain in the past and gave up on it because of the difficulty cleaning it. This one is so much better with that, and really very easy to clean. There are no nooks or crannies to get into, and it comes apart very easily with only two pieces to clean. The power cord pulls all the way out of it so you can fully submerge it, which I really like.

This time around I am only using filtered water, since the AZ tap water is very hard and leaves terrible residue on things. Since it has only been 10 days I cannot say for sure how well the plastic does in resisting stains and bacteria, but I am hopeful with the easy cleaning of it I will be better about maintaining that.

It is not really noisy and holds more than enough water for my two cats. I would recommend it.
on May 15, 2014
I have used this product for about 8 months for my cat now.
Pros:
The product itself is strongly made and has kept in tact. The plastic has not worn down even with one cat that scratches the bowl before drinking. The products fountain feature was a big hit with one of my cats. He likes to drink from the top of the flowing water; it keeps the water clean by filtering it.

Cons: The water level gets low quickly with two cats drinking half of their daily supply from it. I have to refill or add water every other day.
One time I let the water get low (they have water in the next room) and it made a loud ear shattering humming noise. It only did this once.
The water filter gets slimy and need constant replacement. I am not so sure that this filter works as long as it claims it does.

I liked this product more than a regular water bowl because my cat fully enjoyed playing with it. I unfortunately have another cat that was pulling the top white part off for fun, pulling the plug out of the wall, and jumping in the water. For the last 5 months I have taken the water feature out of unit to keep the cats safe and the white part taped on. With the water fall off the water gets dirty very quickly but the bowl is easy to fill, clean, and transport so I will keep it for now.