Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change

on December 2, 2011
I give this fountain a 3 star because there are things I like about it and things I do not. Although there are only a few other reviews, I found almost every one of them says that this is noisy. To me, I really do not think it is. I mean, my A/C is louder than it. Maybe I have just gotten used to it, I have had this water fountain for about 6 months now, have had no problems with it working. It is different from other cat fountains in that there is no "waterfall;" for this one you have like a little water mill that takes the water from the bottom of this dish, puts it in the top, and then the water comes out through the holes. My two cats (ages 4 and 2) were a little hesitant at first but then warmed up to it within a couple of days. Like another reviewer, I bought this product from Ross for about 14.99, which is around the current price it is selling for here on Amazon. I do like the fact that it circulates the water. Now for the cons. Yes, this is easy to take apart and clean, but I have noticed that, even with washing it (by hand) there is a residue that is still left. It mostly shows up on the top black part of the dish. This disappointed me. The only time I do notice it becoming louder is when it does run low on water. To avoid this, I just put water in it every morning. So an overall pretty okay product, especially for the price. You can spend more money and get a better fountain but, if you want to stay in a lower price range, try this one out.
on July 11, 2014
PET OWNERS BEWARE... What all of the pet fountain companies fail to mention are the dangers that using plastic bowls pose. I have two 13 year old Maine Coons that have never had a health issue. Both are indoor cats and share the same water fountain. The first time it happened a few years ago when one of the cats had a pimple like sore on her chin. With a ton of patience and gentle coaxing she finally let me see what was on her chin. It was a waxy-like substance and it was gone after a few days. I searched the internet trying to find out what could have caused this, but had no luck I finally decided that it must be something random, no big deal. Fast forward...I purchased this exact fountain and both of my cats were drinking from it. All of the sudden the entire top "lip" of my second cat was swollen so badly I thought that she had something in her mouth. It was so terrible to watch her be in so much pain and not be able to do a thing about it. I immediately scoured the internet again, this time having success. I found SEVERAL articles from blogs to veterinarian's websites that said plastic bowl are dangerous for your pet. Not only can it cause mouth sores, but according to the National Institute of Health and other major environmental groups, the chemicals used to make plastic bowls and bottles "can" get into its contents, especially if the container is scratched or put in the microwave. And those chemicals contain toxins that can cause cancer, impaired immune function, hyperactivity, and other health problems. I kept their bowl clean and still severely hurt my cat. See attached video, I took the pictures while she was sleeping. This is after it has healed for over a month. It was 10 times worse than the pictures attached.
55 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2012
This is actually the first review I've ever written, after 10 years on Amazon.
I have always been interested in getting a fountain being that we have 5 cats. I know they don't drink enough water on their own (very important to feed your cat wet food for this reason). One of the cats was just diagnosed with renal disease and I knew it was important for him to be getting enough water. I purchased this on clearance at a local retail store and it is definitely one of the best purchases I have ever made. All 5 of the cats quickly took to using it. 2 of them especially love it, and will sit in front of it just to watch it when they're done leisurely drinking. They have all been drinking more water and the one with renal disease enjoys it the most.
It's been going strong for about 6 months now, which surprised me. Maybe I got lucky but I do take care of it. I clean it out really well with rubbing alcohol diluted with water. I also change the filter once a week since we have so many cats.
Having to clean the fountain out a few times a week, as well as changing the filter weekly is well worth the health benefits it brings for my cats. I also add fresh water as needed.
on September 26, 2011
I was excited and somewhat suspicious that I found a fountain for my cat for $15 @ Ross one day. Excited about the price, suspicious about the price. I followed the instructions as told, and everything went perfectly fine. It is as the other reviewers said very noisy, however. So much that if you don't want to settle on a white noise machine to help you sleep, you can get one of these. It personally didn't bother me, but if have it in the same room such as a tv, radio, etc, it could be cumbersome. I gave this product 1 star because the motor died on me approximately three weeks after purchase. Now I wasn't expecting this product to last forever-- a year is what I estimated it's maximum would be, especially for the price I bought it at. I just woke up one morning and realized it wasn't making any noise. I followed the manual and took the motor apart to see if there was anything suspicious or any debris was caught, but nothing. After doing this a few times and trying different outlet, I gave up. Very disappointed, too bad I never kept my receipt-- lesson learned :/
on April 29, 2011
I got this for my cat who loves to play with water. I didn't quite get the response I was hoping for though she does pay attention to it occasionally. She still prefers the bath tub! It does keep the water fresh and the bowl needs to be cleaned less often with the constant flow of water. My only real complaint is it's noisy especially if the water has gone down at all from full.Would I buy it again? Not sure :/
on November 27, 2011
I have to agree it is noisy so I keep the water filled as high as I can and that seems to help. Water comes out of the top white hole and shoots up about an inch so the cats love to drink from this part the most. MOST of all in one month both of my cats skin had been very dry and had what looked like dandruff and now NO MORE dry flakes. I am sure because they are enjoying drinking more water because it's fresh.
on June 26, 2015
I love the Yin/Yan symbol which is why I ordered this item, but twice I tried it and both times the pump stopped functioning properly very quickly. Highly unrecommended..sorry, and this is too bad because it's a great design. They should upgrade their pump.
on February 12, 2016
I really didn't want to spend a ton of money but I wish I had. This fountain is functional but it's not great. First, they don't tell you to put this tiny little part into the base so that it can funnel the water. I discovered that on my own. The black piece doesn't just automatically align to the base. You have to play around with it. I don't think the filter does much good because of the loose fit and design. It's a pain to pick up and clean because of the two levels. You have to carry it as is to the sink with the cord in tow. If it's not pumping well when you start it the water overflows. I'm getting a lot of water spotting on my end cupboard from it but I suppose that's to be expected. I have one cat and can't keep it full enough most of the time.
on June 22, 2016
I have two cats. One loves to lick the water as it drips down, the other laps from the reservoir. Neither one liked stale water. Now, both are drinking a lot more water. And the look can't be beat in our MCM influenced house. Some reviewers have commented on noise. Yes, it needs to be kept relatively full. When the water drops below the level of the pump, it sucks in air. Raising the water lever quiets it down. Actually, the gurgling is a great reminder to refill. Alos, on the one I got, the top part was white and the bottom black. For us, that's a good thing. We have hard water and don't have to worry about calcium deposits dripping down the front.
on June 2, 2014
I love this one. Over time the pump gets a bit clogged even with the filters, so you have to dry it out for several days & then run hot water over it to get the film out. Then, it runs like new again. When I bought mine, they were $50. I love it so much I bought a spare in case it ever goes out b/c I can't find the exact pump for it. It's now less than $20 for the fountain.