Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on January 21, 2012
I love this jack and am glad I found it because I had been searching a long time for a multi use jacket. I have to be honest though, I live in California and my only experience is with using in in 30 degree and above weather, that includes a lot of rain.

The pockets of the jacket zip and the lining of the pockets are made of a very soft material (almost like a faux suede meets fleece). The lining of the jacket is made from the same material as the pocket lining. The outer material of the jacket is rain and (I assume) snow resistant and is thick with a sort of nylon, slightly plastic, type feel to it. Similar to what you might expect with a jacket such as this. The jacket is somewhat thin, but is good for various weather conditions. If it's very cold, then you can wear the jacket over a sweater (if you don't get a size that is extra snug). If it's cooler but not extremely cold, the jacket can be worm by itself. The jacket is somewhat form fitting and has a stylish hood, so it is able to maintain a trendy, slightly sophisticated, look for a night out on the town. The hood is super soft and comfy. As previously mentioned, the hood stays is place well, while doing a great job of protecting the sides of your ears and face from that cold.

I bought mine is a size small/black. The jacket fits very well (snug but I'm still able to wear hoodies under it when needed). My only complaint is that the sleeves are too long and I have role them up. This isn't very easy or stylish because the inner and outer material of the jacket are very different and because there isn't any elasticity in the sleeves. I'm 5 ft, 115-120lbs, my bust is 34 in", and my inner arm (armpit to wrist) measures 16". The inseam of the jacket sleeves measure about 21-22". I have to to fold the sleeves at about the 2.5 to 3'' mark, but only once and they stay up fine with no rolling back down etc. It's also little tough to get sweater sleeves through the sleeves of the jacket because of the soft lining. This can be remedied by holding the end of your sweater sleeve while putting your arm through the jacket sleeve.

The item arrived on time and packaged well. I would recommend this item and seller.
on December 14, 2011
This is my 2nd Furlong jacket from Marmot. I am usually a medium but when I saw it was an "athletic fit" I ordered the large. The one I already have is a medium and fit perfectly but did not allow any layering under it for warmth.
This new one runs slightly larger and I think I would've been fine with the medium but I'm keeping the large for layering and longer sleeves. I get a ton of compliments and then am asked if it gets dirty easily, I got the ivory color, so far so good, besides its washable. The hood is awesome, very big so great on wet days.
on March 9, 2013
I love this jacket so much that I just ordered the vest. Several things make this great - the super cute hood, the slim/form fitting style and water/rain just rolls right off. I am 5'4 115# and the small fits perfectly. If you like to wear lots of bulky sweaters or layers, I would size up. I can wear a baselayer and a normal sweater under this but really thick bulky sweaters might be a bit tight.

People constantly compliment me when I wear this. The fur hood seems to get their attention and people always want to touch it. LOL. Hood stays up great and protects your face and ears.

My only complaint is I wish it were a bit warmer. In the dead of winter you will need another coat over it, which is what I do. Then when I take off the big bulky coat, I still have a super cuter jacket if it is cold inside. I am really cold natured, so no coat is warm enough for me.
on December 20, 2012
I'm 5' 10" and its hard to find jackets with long enough sleeves. This jacket is a perfect fit for me. The two other big perks are the warm cuddly hood, and the fact that it wipes clean very easily. It still looks great despite many sticky cuddles from my two young children.
on January 18, 2014
Bought it for my sister for this winter, she absolutely loved it. As anyone who knows a teenage girl, they know that they are super picky, which makes them super hard to shop for. But this was great, she says its really warm and it she is extremely happy with it
on April 17, 2014
Comfortable, practical and stylish. Easy to clean and keeps you warm! We do equestrian sports so this jacket looks good off the field and is still practical and comfortable to ride in.
on January 3, 2013
If you're larger than a B cup, forget about this cute coat. I wanted it to fit so much that I tried it on three times. Each time it seemed tighter. LOL. Everything else about it was great. Cute length, wonderful fabric, great quality, just built for Europeans I guess.
on May 10, 2014
Purchased this as a gift for wife. I tend to no purchase clothing for my wife because she is really a diva and divas can be picky. My first Marmot and she liked it. Nicely constructed and felt like a good quality product. I would purchase again.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2015
LOVE THIS JACKET, IT DOES RUN SMALL, XL WILL BE TIGHT IF YOU NORMALLY WEAR A 14, TOO SMALL IF YOU WEAR A 16. WISH THEY MADE IT LARGER, THE XL IS TOO SMALL FOR ME.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2013
I got this in a black XL and it fits my 36" hips and bum a bit loosely. This jacket is only good for layering underneath because on its own with just a t-shirt, it's not warm enough for cold weather (about 8°C).
The fake fur is very nice and has a good pile, but it also makes the hood heavier so if worn unzipped, it will fall away from your neck. If it wasn't for the look and feel of the plush fake fur, I wouldn't have bought this. The hood is of a great size! It can fit my head even when my hair is in a high ponytail.
The material isn't completely wind-proof. I'd say it blocks maybe about 70% of wind. If I put my mouth over it and blow, I definitely feel air on the other side.
It is pretty water-replant so water will just bead off of it easily.
I suggest ordering up a size or two; especially if you really want to pile on the layers. This thing runs small!