Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on October 11, 2011
Knifes cut well, look great on the kitchen counter but follow care instructions or you will have an ugly looking set of knives. I advised the family to wash knifes in the sink only and dry with a kitchen towel. They should not be placed in the dishwaher. My son did the first part but neglected to dry off the knife. The next morning, the water left on the knife became rust spots. Since they are farely inexpensive, I do not want to return the whole set but will see if I can replace, now 2, of the knives that have rust spots on them. I do like that the back of the package list all the knives and what you use them for in the kitchen, slicing, dicing, trimming meat, etc. I cut that out and have it by the knives so I can use them for their intended purposes.
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2011
The knives are extremely sharp. They cut almost effortlessly, and the material and shape of the handles are really comfortable-and don't slip. Seriously, even if your hands are wet, it's still very easy to keep control of the knife. They brighten up my kitchen, but I do wish there was a more neutral color option, like black or white handles. I think this set is perfect because instead of all the steak knives most sets come with, this one comes with 4 paring knives. This makes more sense for my household because we are constantly using the paring knives, but hardly ever use steak knives. With our old set, we were using the steak knives in place of paring knives because there was just one paring knife. This is a perfect combo of the most useful knives. I love it!
on October 12, 2011
This a fabulous little knife set. I don't have a lot of counter space, so I love the slim, economical design of the block. It comes with everything I needed for my kitchen: chef's knife, Santoku, bread knife, 4 steak knives, pearing knife, and a surprisingly nice pair of kitchen shears. They arrived pretty sharp, and have stayed as such for a few months. They're not "scary sharp", and my Global chef's knife obviously is much higher quality than these, but one of their knives costs as much as this whole set. For a beginner/intermediate chef with a limited budget, these knives will definitely do everything you need them to.
on December 29, 2010
Bought these as a Christmas gift for mom. She loved them. They are a variety of different cutting blades and they are very sharp. Wood block is sturdy and looks great!
on June 19, 2012
These knives are beautiful. They have a sturdy feel to them and are extremely sharp. BUT after only 4 weeks they are already starting to rust. I am caring for them as instructed (not putting them in the dishwasher) but they don't seem like they'll last long.
on June 6, 2012
the colors have faded after about a year, and the knives need a lot of sharpening. i wish it came with a knife sharpener in the block...oh well. i also wish the scissors were made a little better. they fall apart very easily and the little orange plastic circle that is supposed to hold the two scissor blades together falls off easily. they also don't cut very well...very tough to work with.
on April 30, 2012
I'm not a regular cook, so I wasn't looking for a great set of knives. That said, these are good enough and also relatively inexpensive. As others have noted, they are sharp, so that is an obvious plus (but keep a box of band-aids nearby). Also, I like the colors and non-slip handles. The block for holding the knives is adequate and doesn't get in the way on the counter. One annoying negative for me are the too numerous paring knives. There are four of them and I'll argue that nobody needs that many. It would be better to only have one, or ones with different lengths. Another annoying thing are the scissors that separate for easier cleaning. I find that they come apart too often when I'm simply trying to use them, so in that sense I see this as a needless gimmick. Please, I only want scissors, not some Inspector Gadget add on! Along with a paring knife, the bread knife is probably what I use most often; it's a bit thin, but seems to do an adequate job and I like it. Individually, I'd say these are good knives, but as a set it could be better put together.

One year update: I find that I'm still annoyed with having four of the same-sized paring knife, and the scissors that seem to constantly come apart. I continue to use the bread knife and the paring knives for the majority of my kitchen needs, and I especially like the bread knife which is good not only for slicing bread, but also cutting vegetables and spreading things (like mustard).
on June 21, 2012
I like the knives in this set. I ordered it because it did not come with steak knives as most knife sets do. Instead, it has several paring knives, which I use constantly.
What I did not know was that the knife holder is horizontal, instead of vertical like my old set. Therefore it takes up more counter space, and the knives are more difficult to take out and put back. The holder is not as solid as my old one and tends to tip more as it does not sit firmly on the counter.
Bottom line: knives good; holder not so good.
on March 6, 2012
how can you beat perfection? How can you beat a product that not only does what it is supposed to do but is a value at the same time...i suggest to yu it is hard to do so...but here you have one...true value at an affordable price...thanks Rachael.
on September 10, 2012
Just got the knives today--they are so bright and cheery. I was thrilled to find a bread knife in the bunch. I am a little concerned about the rust that everyone talks about. I have no problem simply washing and drying it immediately after use, but will have to monitor my husband's use of any of them for the first hundred or so times he grabs one, since he will rinse it and toss it in the dish drainer to air dry every time (care of possessions is low on his list of priorities...). So these may be doomed, but they are so nice I'll give them a try!

See 1 answered question