Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on May 3, 2011
For even waffle cooking I recommend using a flip over waffle maker like this one. I tried the simple non-flip and the bottom is usually much more brown and the top is soft.

I tried this one and works great and cooks 1 big 1.5" thick waffle in under 2 minutes.

Very easy to use.
1) plug in and let it warm up. wait for green light.
2) pour batter on the bottom groove (once you pour it in it's already started cooking.
3) close and flip it over (don't worry it will not spill out) Once you flip it . the uncooked batter will fall down and start to cook .
4) wait for green light and flip back. open up and take out. Very beautiful

I recommend that you try the recipe that is in the book for buttermilk or Belgium waffles...they are really delicious and not that hard to put together.
I tried buying those instant mix on Amazon and the home made recipe in the book wins 2nd to none. Plus you're save a lot of $$$ using the recipe and make more...

I recommend you buy pam or any other cooking spray and spray gently on the top and bottom plate for easy non-stick cooking.

The only downside to owning one of these is that you can't remove the plates for washing.
so you have to wait till it's cooled down in order to clean the grooves manually with water or mild soap. It may take you 10-15 minutes to clean it. But that's all part of the fun and worth it.

minus 1 star for non removable plate. But for under $50 ...you make like 20 waffles it pretty much pays off.

here is a photo of the waffle [...]
1212 comments248 of 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
We are so happy we bought this wafflemaker. We've never owned one before. We tried the recipe for the classic buttermilk waffles (from the Oster user guide book). That recipe is surely a keeper. It was the best tasting recipe for buttermilk waffles. We've tried a TV chef's waffle recipe, which was forgettable, in my opinion. I'll post some pictures next time.
***Tip: If you made the waffles ahead of time or have any leftovers, the wafflemaker can be used to reheat them. They crisp up again. Just adjust it to the minimum temperature setting, wait for wafflemaker to heat up, then place the precooked waffles.
review image
44 comments240 of 247 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2011
My husband wanted one of those $300 commercial waffle makers like at the hotel breakfast bars. . . but those were just too pricey and HUGE. This one is compact and makes superb waffles. It heats up fast, cooks them perfectly, nothing sticks to it, and it is really easy to clean up the drips.
11 comment139 of 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2011
I've wanted to purchase a belgian waffle maker and decided on this model based on the reviews I read...all true. If you follow the simple directions, you will have absolutely no problem turning out a perfect waffle the very first time as I did. I've owned waffle makers in the past and none lived up to my expectations as this one did. The flip design is an asset.
I've read in other reviews that cleaning is a little difficult, that's true. But then I remembered a little tip from when I owned the George Forman grill. Here's my tip: let appliance cool down for a bit but not completely, then take damp paper towels and place on the grid, close lid and let it completely cool down. Use the same paper towels to wipe down any dampness. Works pretty good.
The only thing that got me pissed was when I tried to remove the stickers from the top and front of the maker, the paper backing & glue still remained. I hate that.
All in all this appliance is two thumbs up!
22 comments92 of 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2011
I've never used a waffle maker before. I did a thorough search and read SO MANY reviews on different machines. This one seemed to have everything I was looking for. I got it in the mail this week and tried it out tonight. I used the classic buttermilk recipe that was in the user manual and followed the tips and directions to a T. They turned out perfectly! They were so huge we could only eat one each. So easy (if you follow the directions):
-Wait for the green light
-Scoop a spoonful of batter into each of the four sections
-Spread the batter evenly (it should be just below the edge line of the bottom section)
-Shut the lid and immediately flip
-Wait for the green light to come back on, flip it one last time and then open the lid
-Presto - waffle time!

I was worried it would be a pain to clean since the plates don't come out but the cooked batter wipes right off the machine and out of the grids. It's a definite winner.
0Comment54 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2011
This is the best waffle maker that I have ever owned...I purchased this waffle maker as an extra to have on hand for my catering business. I used this waffle maker practically non-stop for a couple of days making batch after batch of waffles. It produces a beautiful, light crisp waffle in less time than my other model. The classic waffle recipe in the user guide is a fabulous recipe, the breakfast was a hit and everyone raved about the waffles.
0Comment48 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2011
I loved the waffle maker at first, but after one month of use (about 4-5 uses at best), it broke. The edge of the waffle maker that hooks the handle to the base to flip is made of plastic and broke! I would not recommend this waffle maker and would find one with metal parts! I have seen a proctor silex one that is not plastic.
22 comments72 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2013
I got this as a Christmas gift. So far I have made about a dozen waffles in it, over six weeks or so of use.

Pros: The waffles from this iron are simply divine: thick and delicious. I use Krusteaz Belgian waffle mix. I usually spray with butter spray, but I forgot for one batch, and the waffles did not stick. The waffles cook evenly. Cleanup is fairly straightforward, just wipe carefully with a damp ordinary sponge.

Cons: The green and red lights don't seem consistent to me. I would prefer a timer, so I can just time the waffles. So, I use an external timer. But an automatic built-in timer would be better.
review image review image
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2015
This item was purchased on Dec 22, 2013, and worked well until Dec, 2014. This unit was well-maintained, and in accordance with the directions. This unit was used approximately 30 times. The heat dial was not used beyond midpoint, and the unit was never left on, and was unplugged after the last waffle was baked. The plastic mounts holding the heating surface degrade, and the screws holding the two components fall out. This will occur on both sides of the unit (photo a). Secondly, one of the plastic brackets governing the rotation snapped off (photos 2, respectively). While this review corroborates other owners' experience, it was hoped that this unit would last longer than 1.5 years. This item will not be repurchased.
review image review image
on March 20, 2012
I ordered the Waffle Maker about 3 weeks ago, I know its not a long time for having it but I love it and it works great!! I dont really like to ordering anything online but the Waffle Maker sold here where i live is $60 and knew Amazon had the same one for a better price. It arrived on time nothing was broken everything works, I used a basic waffle mix that comes on any pancake box, sprayed it with Pam just to make sure it wouldn't stick (Last Saturday i used it and forgot to spray Pam and I was so upset I thought it was going to ruin the waffle maker but not to worry nothing happen and came out just like the others had the perfect waffle the first time, might have to mess with the temp just to get it the way you like it. Takes about 5mins for each waffle a lot faster then making pancakes, very easy clean to clean you just unplug let it cool and clean, (I wipe it down with a damped paper towel.) By the way the waffle maker comes with directions on how to use it and its very basic. I make waffles twice a week. I would definitively recommend this.

Only bad thing for me is when making waffles the box recipe makes 4 waffles every time and its just my husband and I, We can only eat one each or if he's at work I only eat one and I have all this batter left over..Kinda a wast but if you have a big family you have nothing to worry about other then you might run out of batter because everyone will love the waffles. Hope this helps

********UPDATE*********
I've had this waffle maker for about 6 months it still works nothing's broken or messed up, my family loves coming over for breakfast. I still haven't made pancakes since I ordered this, from time to time I still forget to spray Pam but its okay it doesn't stick I use my waffle maker 4-5 times out of the month and still looks brand new. I would definetly recommend this to everyone!!!
22 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse