Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on April 3, 2015
Great show for kids. Very calming
review image
on June 30, 2013
I love the "pace" of Oswald. It is one of the few cartoons I will sit and watch with my grandkids. It captivates my three year old granddaughter and I love watching her watch it. It is so unlike so many of the fast and furious type cartoons.
on January 19, 2014
I occasionally put Oswald on for my four year old. I don't mind watching it with him because the writers cleverly put in a variety of personalities and challenges that we all face. The overall tone is very calm and slower-paced, a perfect polar opposite to today's OCD world of crazy, flashy toons. Oswald always tips his hat to passers-by, even animals. He upholds the greatest respect to everyone, even those who try to bring him down.

I highly recommend Oswald to anyone who doesn't want their child to act like a lunatic, imitating their favorite cartoons. If they choose to mimic Oswald, the world would be a much better place.
on April 28, 2013
My daughter has anxiety at night, and at age 10, she sometimes asks to have Oswald on so that she can "have nice dreams." The show is sweet and calming and a better option for kids' t.v.
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2014
the series is set in a colorful world populated by a cast of anthropomorphic animals, mythological creatures, or humanoid beings resembling plants or vegetables and follows the daily experiences of an anthropomorphic blue octopus named Oswald, accompanied by his beloved pet dachshund (designed as a hot dog) appropriately named Weenie and their life in the cheerful and whimsically-designed community of Big City. Commonly, the program concentrates on Oswald's experiences with friends, acquaintances, and neighbors—including Henry, a talking penguin and Daisy, a humanoid, anthropomorphic daisy, among others—and his patient methods of coping with or tolerating different average situations or dilemmas, along with his thoroughly positive, optimistic outlook on life.
on December 10, 2012
I first watched this show with my nephew when it first came out and loved it. Then, it got canceled. Real shame because a show of this caliber is what's missing in quality television for kids these days. I find it sad that a sweet, slow-paced and happy little show like Oswald gets canceled and horribly annoying and completely uneducational shows like Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents stand the test of time. I love that Amazon's Instant Video feature has this show available. My 16 month loves this show and gets very happy and giggly when I turn it on. He's only allowed about 1 hour of t.v. a day and I feel very comfortable showing him this show. Too bad there aren't more like it. PBS will be my go-to when he's a little older. Have heard some good things about Caillou and of course looking forward to streaming some Reading Rainbow & Sesame Street!
on July 1, 2013
My son is 3.5 years old and finds the show entertaining. It is humerous yet has good lessons on each episode.
on June 8, 2015
My kidz Love it. But why is not in Prime anymore?
on July 10, 2011
I can't remember how I came across this little gem of a show but it certainly was quite a find. It is a calming, sweet, endearing show with characters that represent different personality types that all manage to get along quite nicely and teaches great lessons on friendship and kindness. My 3 year old son who normally watches Blue's Clues and Caillou, the positive Caillou only, has been very fond of this show from the start. It calms him down and he can lay still for an entire two shows no problem. He'd watch more but we have to put a limit. I highly recommend this adorable show.
0Comment18 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2013
My two year old son loves Oswald. Oswald teaching super lesson to the kids about life and friendship. Great show!