Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on November 16, 2010
I'm 68 years old and the Boxcar Children books are the only books I remember reading as a child. I went to private school and our teachers who were Benedictine nuns, introduced us to these books in first grade as we were learning to read. Then later, after we'd learned to read we were allowed to check them out of the school library. I remember these books as being so exciting and adventurous. I'm going to buy a set for my grandchildren.
22 comments|131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2011
My almost 9 year old son surprised me tonight by saying that he likes the Boxcar Children better than the Magic Treehouse, which he has read the whole series and really enjoyed. I appreciate that the main characters are nice kids, they look out for their brothers and sisters, use their heads and have great values. The Kindle edition is great, good price, only wish they would have more sets for beyond book 12! Both of these series have helped my very active, sporty kid to love reading! These books have also worked well for kids who are studying English as a second language, not a lot of slang that they are easy to understand while still keeping their interest.
on December 14, 2010
Our children love this set. It's clean and entertaining. Beats the tv and video games any day. These are timeless stories and they always give an explanation of the mystry causes; eliminating the concern of magic and unnatural factors. Suspenseful stories.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2011
The kindle version of this box set was a great find. It is much cheaper than buying all the kindle books individually. If you're not sure your kids will like it, download the free sample. It is plenty long to get your kids hooked on the story. The publisher did a great job on the kindle formatting. The illustrations are crisp and clear and look great on the kindle screen. I've been reading a few chapters each night to my 4-year old before bed. He always wants me to keep reading. I love that there are 12 books to ensure this set will last for a couple months.
on December 27, 2010
Upon learning that our 10 year old granddaughter was enjoying reading the Boxcare Children books, I found this collection for her for a Christmas present. They were very well received and I believe they will add hours of enjoyment to her reading pleasure. Nicely boxed.
on August 29, 2011
I remember that I read these when I was a kid, so I downloaded these onto my Kindle my 7 year old daughter to read. Even though you'd think it's outdated, she still loves the stories. There are a few odd words, such as queer, that are no longer used in their previous context, but she hasn't asked for clarification and has an easy time reading them. I think this will get her through her entire 2nd grade school year for home reading.
on June 8, 2014
I have loved these books since they were the first chapter books I read in elementary school. I thought finding them for the Kindle to share with my nieces and nephews was fantastic!

The first three books in the set were fine; however, Mystery Ranch has several issues: When the girls first arrive in town where Maggie is picking them up, a few lines are missing as it goes straight from "Yes, I'm Maggie. I'm very glad to see you." to "I don't know," said Maggie. "Who was he?" Two paragraphs (30 words) are missing. Then in chapter 7 (The Boys Come), it skips from Jessie asking Aunt Jane if the boys can come to, within the same sentence in the Kindle version, the boys and Watch have arrived. Three paragraphs (81 words) are missing.

Disappointed in the accuracy of the Kindle version, and hope it will be updated and corrected. Will update review further if more issues are found.
on December 15, 2010
Purchased this for our 7 yr old son for Christmas so he hasn't seen it yet but we are very happy with it. Very cute and you get a lot of bang for your buck! Can't wait to start reading the books with our son!
on February 14, 2011
So, I'm ordering books I can't be too surprised that books arrived at my door. The bookcase is cute but not the sturdiest in the world. It's just a box with a boxcar picture on it. The box is not in the shape of a boxcar. Just thought that may help.
on January 9, 2012
Very pleased with this purchase. It arrived in perfect condition and the price was the best I found anywhere. My 6 year old grandson was thrilled and has read four of the twelve books since Christmas. He's quite advanced in his reading level, so these books were ideal.