Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on June 28, 2011
Love these gloves. I used them this past winter while stationed at Ft. Drum, NY. They are a great glove for everyday use, wearing to work, the gym, or even to dinner. I used these while helping a friend build a barn in temperatures from 20-30 degrees. They are warm enough in the mid 20's and I was able to hold a hammer and drive nails with them. Any colder than 20 or with a wind chill I'd get a warmer glove. I will buy another pair of these if they wear out. I might just buy another pair just because they're that good.
on February 16, 2011
These gloves are awesome. I purchased them for a recent trip to Kenya where I spent the days clearing trails in one of the forests. Not only did they look really nice, but they fit perfectly. I have small hands, but my fingers are long, and so I'm used to work gloves just being big and boxy. These fit "like a glove" (sorry for the pun), making them more effective for gripping, etc. They are also tough. We used machetes to clear away vines and branches and these gloves stood up well. At one point, we encountered a massive bush with prickers that only I was able to clear because of the gloves. Nothing got through. I highly recommend these gloves.
on November 17, 2014
These are great gloves driving, and just going out in the winter. Reason for not 5 stars is the fit is inconsistent. Last year I bought Large's and this year bought them again, and the newer Large's fit more like a Medium. Makes it really hard to buy on Amazon without first trying on.
on February 13, 2013
Marmot hit the nail on the head with this Basic Work Glove. The leather is durable and shapes well over time. The more you wear them the more you'll love them. Not great for standing around in the cold, but for working a shovel around town there isn't much better. If you can get away with sizing down a hair, the glove will provide better dexterity, but it does run pretty true to size. I am often between a Small and a Medium in most gloves and these are the same fit. I went with a Medium because it was available, but could have probably gone with a small and had better grip, but would have lost a little warmth. Something to consider.

One thing to consider is that these are not waterproof! They will get wet if you are handling something wet. If waterproofing is important you can wax them fairly easily.

For my needs I mainly use these gloves for backpacking/hiking. Highly Recommended gear!
on February 19, 2013
I am a female with small hands and have great difficulty finding really tough work gloves. I use gloves for clearing brush including mesquite and cactus , also use the gloves while cutting and pruning trees with a chain saw. Although these gloves are a bit large they are much sturdier and more comfortable than most gloves. I have yet to find women's gloves that hold up to what I do and yet still are comfortable. Because of the lining they are great in winter. On average I wear out three to four pairs of gloves a year and will probably order another pair.
on October 22, 2011
I bought these gloves to wear for exercise walks in the cold/wind and also to use when doing garage projects in the winter. I have used them for walks, and they are good for keeping my hands warm in weather from probably 30-50F. They are not heavily insulated and I wouldn't call them winter gloves. They do have some insulation. The leather is very soft. I bought XL since I am a larger individual - they fit a little tight but not too bad, and hopefully they will stretch just a little bit if I work with them for a while.
on January 15, 2013
I bought these because I love marmot's products. Thinking that these would be quality work gloves, I purchased them. I work in the hub at UPS and my work is dirty and rough on the hands. They were great for the first week, at about the 1 1/2 week period they began to fray and tear at the fingers. I'm going to have to contact Marmot about my options, but I need a glove to protect what my hands cannot withstand any longer.
22 comments3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2016
I generally like Marmot gear, but this is an exception. The leather, while soft, is not durable for a work glove. They wear more like a dress glove, and if that's your intended use, they should be fine.

As a work glove, these are too flimsy, and way overpriced-- I have pairs of Carhartt and no-name hardware store gloves that have held up much better for one-third the price.
on August 12, 2012
I am a fan of these gloves. I wear them almost all the time when it starts to get cold. They're much like the name suggests, a basic work glove, but insulated. I like them for driving, and they're a great glove for going to and from hockey games!
on March 26, 2013
bought two pairs, same size; the Tan ones are too tight too actually wear, so I gave them to my son.
Nice quality, tough, not too warm, just too small. The black ones, on the other hand, are now my go-to
gloves for driving, etc.