Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 28, 2011
Love these gloves. I used them this past winter while stationed at Ft. Drum, NY. They are a great glove for everyday use, wearing to work, the gym, or even to dinner. I used these while helping a friend build a barn in temperatures from 20-30 degrees. They are warm enough in the mid 20's and I was able to hold a hammer and drive nails with them. Any colder than 20 or with a wind chill I'd get a warmer glove. I will buy another pair of these if they wear out. I might just buy another pair just because they're that good.
on November 17, 2014
These are great gloves driving, and just going out in the winter. Reason for not 5 stars is the fit is inconsistent. Last year I bought Large's and this year bought them again, and the newer Large's fit more like a Medium. Makes it really hard to buy on Amazon without first trying on.
on January 15, 2016
I generally like Marmot gear, but this is an exception. The leather, while soft, is not durable for a work glove. They wear more like a dress glove, and if that's your intended use, they should be fine.

As a work glove, these are too flimsy, and way overpriced-- I have pairs of Carhartt and no-name hardware store gloves that have held up much better for one-third the price.
on February 16, 2011
These gloves are awesome. I purchased them for a recent trip to Kenya where I spent the days clearing trails in one of the forests. Not only did they look really nice, but they fit perfectly. I have small hands, but my fingers are long, and so I'm used to work gloves just being big and boxy. These fit "like a glove" (sorry for the pun), making them more effective for gripping, etc. They are also tough. We used machetes to clear away vines and branches and these gloves stood up well. At one point, we encountered a massive bush with prickers that only I was able to clear because of the gloves. Nothing got through. I highly recommend these gloves.
on July 18, 2015
I bought these because of the review by lkd02445 saying how puncture resistant they are and also because they came up when I searched for pigskin gloves. Pigskin is great for abrasion and puncture resistance though its not clear what kind of leather these are made from.

Anyway, they work great for my purpose which is to protect from Bougainvillea thorns and the fiberglass like hairs on bamboo and elephant grass. Only the sharpest longest thorns get through. The fit is also amazing and I like the shape of the gloves. I have mixed feelings about the lining. I live in the tropics and almost always work in the hot sun and high humidity so I don't want insulation. On the other hand it does wick sweat well so my hands don't feel like they are dripping wet. The problem is that once your hands do sweat, its hard to get these gloves back on as the lining will stick.

The big problem with these gloves is that they don't last very long. My first pair started showing some abrasion wear after only one summer of use. I still like these gloves but save them to use only when I'm dealing with thorns. If they were cheaper I'd just keep buying more because they feel so great, but at the price I'm not sure I'll buy any more. If you only use these for driving or to keep your hands warm in cool weather they'd probably last a long time. For regular yardwork I'd look for something else.

Recommended with reservations.
on February 13, 2013
Marmot hit the nail on the head with this Basic Work Glove. The leather is durable and shapes well over time. The more you wear them the more you'll love them. Not great for standing around in the cold, but for working a shovel around town there isn't much better. If you can get away with sizing down a hair, the glove will provide better dexterity, but it does run pretty true to size. I am often between a Small and a Medium in most gloves and these are the same fit. I went with a Medium because it was available, but could have probably gone with a small and had better grip, but would have lost a little warmth. Something to consider.

One thing to consider is that these are not waterproof! They will get wet if you are handling something wet. If waterproofing is important you can wax them fairly easily.

For my needs I mainly use these gloves for backpacking/hiking. Highly Recommended gear!
on March 6, 2016
I bought these as a gift for my husband. They are soft, warm and he loves them. Not sure about the color - the light brown really stands out. It looks like he's about to comitt a crime;) I'd get an alternate color if I were to order again.
on November 25, 2012
Gloves are great but I ordered large and they are tight, so thank goodness I didn't order medium as I originally planned. I got them as a cold weather (aprox 20-30 degrees) outside work glove. As an everday (casual, non-work situation) there are far better and much less expensive gloves you can buy. These are work gloves and they can take some real abuse.
on November 29, 2015
4th pair!! Amazing gloves. Easy on/off, stylish and functional! Warm for amount of insulation, allow for tactile feel.

KNOW YOUR TOOLS! These gloves work well for me from 25-50F. I also use Nikwax products that help resist water saturation and keep leather healthy. These are NOT water proof or resistant!
on October 22, 2011
I bought these gloves to wear for exercise walks in the cold/wind and also to use when doing garage projects in the winter. I have used them for walks, and they are good for keeping my hands warm in weather from probably 30-50F. They are not heavily insulated and I wouldn't call them winter gloves. They do have some insulation. The leather is very soft. I bought XL since I am a larger individual - they fit a little tight but not too bad, and hopefully they will stretch just a little bit if I work with them for a while.