Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Color: Light BlueChange

on February 10, 2012
I purchased this tray for my 3 Pound Maltese puppy and I love it. It is nice, neat and clean looking. I use the OUT pads with it and have taught the puppy to "Leave It" when he started to pull on the edges of the pad. After only 5 days of training he knew the pad was not a toy and is fully house trained now.
I bought the medium size so that I can move it a little daily and eventually into and extra bathroom closet that it will fit and be out of sight.

I have also used the quilted WEE WEE pads with this tray and they work but I like the lower cost of the OUT pads better.

Perfect schedule for me and Puppy - food, clean water and new pad at breakfast...food, clean water and new pad at dinner
33 comments79 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2011
My puppy can remove the pad from the tray in less than 5 minutes. The only use I have found for the tray is to hold down the edges of pads placed in a puppy pen but not in the tray itself. My puppy never poops on the empty tray but rather on the surrounding pads. This tray needs some serious improvements to tightly grip the pads. If it would tightly grip the pads it would be great. I have tried multiple pads at one time but it did not help and just provided more pads for my puppy to chew on.
review image
22 comments84 of 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2015
Great product, well made, fits md pads ok. Just wish I could get them to use it the way it was intended. They would rather use it as another bed....
review image
22 comments32 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2011
I was excited to try this product to hold down the pee pads my puppies love to shred, but the tray ended up helping very little. The tray effectively holds the pads down, but one small tug from either puppy and the pad becomes easily dislodged around the edges. After that, it's either shredded or folded over for me to find later. I was surprised that the plastic piece on top with the closures did not create a tighter seal. I'm not sure I would buy this model again.
33 comments54 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2011
We bought this Iris Medium Floor Protection Tray to go with our regular size Iris Training Pads, and it works great for protecting the floor. The problem, though, is that the mechanism that attempts to secure the pads does not adequately hold them in place. Our puppy easily grabs onto the pad and pulls it from the tray. In order to fix this, I have started to tape down the pads at the corners before snapping the top ring in place. This seems to work better. I think this tray might work better if it were a little smaller so that it grabs the thicker part of the pads rather than the very thin edge of the pads. With the addition of tape on the corners of the pads, this tray is doing the job of protecting our floors quite well.
11 comment35 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2013
This item doesnt hold the pads in place firmly enough. As soon as my puppy stepped on, he slipped the pads out of place. He then started to pull and play on the pad. While the idea is great, it does not do what it needs to do.
I found a holder at walmart for $5 cheaper and that holds the pad firmly on all 4 corners.
22 comments16 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2014
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOU PURCHASE THIS YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE LARGE SIZED PIDDLE PADS NOT REGULAR AS THE REGULAR SIZE ARE TO SMALL AND MOVE AROUND ON THE HOLDER MAKING IT WORTHLESS
0Comment25 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2011
My Corgi puppy would sometimes squat to pee or poo near the edge of our gridlock 24"x24" pads, resulting in some runoff onto the floor. Now with this tray he never gets anything on the floor since the barriers keep messes in. I sprayed bitter apple on the tray so that he knows not to chew it. I feel like it's actually easier for him to find this pad now to go potty since it's raised and he can see it from afar vs the pad lying on the floor/carpet and he's missed it.

The 24"x24" Gridlock pads don't fit perfectly, but I just fold in the edges on 2 sides. The tabs aren't as sticky as i'd like them to be, a big complaint it seems for this product, but it works well enough since he doesn't play with it.
0Comment21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2013
I have a finicky adult cat who only pees on wee pads in front of the litter box. I have a playful kitten who loved to ball up the wee pads and cause the adult to either pee on the floor or walk around doing the pee pee dance until I noticed and fixed the issue. Now the problem is solved. These hold the wee pads in place.
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2013
I've gone through several different training pad holders and this one is probably my least favorite. The main problem with this holder is that the clamps are on the shorter ends of the tray instead of the longer sides. So there isn't any force holding them in place in the proper area. I admittedly didn't realize how much of a difference this would make when I purchased this. My dogs will scratch at the pads before they go and the pads easily pull out of the sides because the tray does not clamp tight enough where it really counts. Even if I double up the pads. It helps a little but not much.

The one I had before had the clamps on the long sides. It wasn't perfect but it did hold them in place better. The best one I found was at a local store which had clamps on all four corners which makes a HUGE difference. Save yourself the hassle and get one with four clamps. You'll thank yourself later.