Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Cole Swindell Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

on October 25, 2011
I bought this jacket after returning from a hiking trip where almost everyone had a Marmot rain jacket. I got wet on a hike in a downpour. Those with Marmots did not. I'm wearing it now to walk my dog on rainy days and so far I'm dry. My only complaint is that it could be a little longer. I'm 5'4'' and it it comes just below my hips. I think just below the butt would be better.
on April 23, 2013
After reading the reviews I wasnt sure if I should order my normal size or one larger....but I went larger and its PERFECT! I'm 5'7 145lbs and i normally wear medium if I want a nice fitted look. But I ordered a large and I'm so happy I did! I can wear a fleece jacket underneath it for colder days and its not too tight but I can also wear it alone and its not too baggy.

Extras:
-Sleeves fit great-not too short
-Armpits fit-not baggy or tight
-Back of the jacket comes down to jeans pockets
-The color is great-I ordered cobalt blue and I love it
-The high pockets dont bother me, they're still low enough to rest your hands in
on July 5, 2012
I got this jacket just in time for our trip to Ireland and Scotland. It was invaluable to me while we were there, since we encountered rain at some point nearly every day. I kept it rolled up in the bottom of my purse and pulled it out as needed, and it kept me nicely dry and also provided good protection from the wind. I like that it has a longer length than many rain jackets, and the color I got (turtle dove) is a nice neutral off-white color that goes with everything.
on October 30, 2013
Color was sharp. Jacket features were nice. But it was too big. I ordered the large and it was just too big for me to feel comfortable wearing it. For reference I am 5'7" and 158 lbs, size 10. I returned it, which was hassle-free. I would have exchanged it for the medium but they were sold out in that size.
on December 13, 2014
I was thrilled with this jacket when I bought it in 2011 to replace a much-loded but stolen Venture (which I will buy again). The shape is great, and for the first year or so the water-repellent properties were excellent, but the inside coating that helps it repel water started to break up and peel after two years of gentle, occasional use (we've been in a record-breaking drought in So Cal). After three years, my hundred-dollar jacket will have to get its water-repelling qualities from a spray because in this condition water soaks straight through.
review image
on March 23, 2013
This is a great outdoor jacket. I wore it while running in the rain and it kept me dry. The hood has a nice cap-like flap that kept the rain off my face.
on October 30, 2011
I wanted a casual black rain jacket that looked nice. This was perfect. I bought one size larger than usual, and it fits good.
on October 24, 2011
This jacket is completely waterproof, and very light weight--I ride my bike in it, so the armpit vents are very nice. The color was a bit brighter than pictured, but the size is perfect. I have very long arms so I got a large, and it is roomy and the arms are plenty long enough.
on January 16, 2013
I ordered the "fresh grass" color and absolutely love it. The fabric of the coat is lightweight, which makes it great for packing, but you will need to layer on a colder day. It fits a little on the small side, so if you plan to layer much, you might want to order a size up, but it is a flattering, feminine cut. My only grumble is that it's not quite long enough to cover my butt like my old raincoat, but I guess you can't have everything.
on August 29, 2013
I bought this raincoat because I thought I lost the Lands End Goretex jacket with the genuinely breathable, non-stick lining that I have loved for a decade.

The Marmot was not cheap and was advertised as breathable fabric. The Lands End jacket is size 6-8 small but I am really a size 10 at this time. Figuring that the Marmot is for young, athletic women, I ordered size large. It was still tight and would not have fit over a loose garment or sweater.

Much worse, though, it is plastic on the inside and sticks to your skin just like the rubber coats from our youth. It is way to sticky and hot to wear in summer or in short sleeves. I cannot stand that feeling particularly when it is wet outside. I returned the coat.

I found and lost and found my Land's End jacket since then. Now I have contact information written large on the inside.