Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on October 25, 2011
I bought this jacket after returning from a hiking trip where almost everyone had a Marmot rain jacket. I got wet on a hike in a downpour. Those with Marmots did not. I'm wearing it now to walk my dog on rainy days and so far I'm dry. My only complaint is that it could be a little longer. I'm 5'4'' and it it comes just below my hips. I think just below the butt would be better.
0Comment64 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2013
After reading the reviews I wasnt sure if I should order my normal size or one larger....but I went larger and its PERFECT! I'm 5'7 145lbs and i normally wear medium if I want a nice fitted look. But I ordered a large and I'm so happy I did! I can wear a fleece jacket underneath it for colder days and its not too tight but I can also wear it alone and its not too baggy.

Extras:
-Sleeves fit great-not too short
-Armpits fit-not baggy or tight
-Back of the jacket comes down to jeans pockets
-The color is great-I ordered cobalt blue and I love it
-The high pockets dont bother me, they're still low enough to rest your hands in
0Comment41 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2012
I got this jacket just in time for our trip to Ireland and Scotland. It was invaluable to me while we were there, since we encountered rain at some point nearly every day. I kept it rolled up in the bottom of my purse and pulled it out as needed, and it kept me nicely dry and also provided good protection from the wind. I like that it has a longer length than many rain jackets, and the color I got (turtle dove) is a nice neutral off-white color that goes with everything.
22 comments33 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2013
This is a great outdoor jacket. I wore it while running in the rain and it kept me dry. The hood has a nice cap-like flap that kept the rain off my face.
on October 30, 2011
I wanted a casual black rain jacket that looked nice. This was perfect. I bought one size larger than usual, and it fits good.
on October 24, 2011
This jacket is completely waterproof, and very light weight--I ride my bike in it, so the armpit vents are very nice. The color was a bit brighter than pictured, but the size is perfect. I have very long arms so I got a large, and it is roomy and the arms are plenty long enough.
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2011
This is a great jacket for being in the rain. It has zippered vents under the arm. The only drawback is the picture is not true to color - the actual color is a little lighter than what is shown.
on December 13, 2014
I was thrilled with this jacket when I bought it in 2011 to replace a much-loded but stolen Venture (which I will buy again). The shape is great, and for the first year or so the water-repellent properties were excellent, but the inside coating that helps it repel water started to break up and peel after two years of gentle, occasional use (we've been in a record-breaking drought in So Cal). After three years, my hundred-dollar jacket will have to get its water-repelling qualities from a spray because in this condition water soaks straight through.
review image
22 comments13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2013
Color was sharp. Jacket features were nice. But it was too big. I ordered the large and it was just too big for me to feel comfortable wearing it. For reference I am 5'7" and 158 lbs, size 10. I returned it, which was hassle-free. I would have exchanged it for the medium but they were sold out in that size.
on April 2, 2013
The precip jacket is a great buy at a great price. I've owned a couple of these so far and I've been very pleased with the fit and performance of the garment. Though it is a rain jacket, I still like it to be somewhat fitted so it doesn't look like I'm wearing a box. It looks nice and isn't too bulky. There is enough room for me to lift my arms comfortably without the bottom hem rising too much. It's great for wearing over layers when outdoors or for daily use. It fits true to size (I wear the XS; I'm 5'5" at 122 lbs, average build). I highly recommend this jacket.