Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on August 31, 2012
UPDATE 3/29/14: This brand of Merrick food has been reformulated and is no longer fulfilled by Amazon. Both the packaging and the formula have changed. As best I can tell, the ingredients are the same quality except they have removed the duck & buffalo and replaced it with turkey to bring the protein level higher. They also removed some questionable ingredients like carrageenan and tomato pumice. Overall, the new formula is a good one. I will buy it again when Amazon starts fulfilling with the new formula. Here is a link to the new equivalent & packaging: "Whole Earth Farms Grain Free Canned Adult Dog Food, Case of 12" For more information go here: www(dot)feedgoodness(dot)com/recipes/grain-free-adult-recipe-canned-dog-food/
---Original Review---
I have 3 terriers and one is an allergy dog. She's got both seasonal allergies and is sensitive to food ingredients. After years of treating the symptoms with drugs I started reading about how a "species appropriate" diet would help with her allergies. Dr. Becker's Real Food for Healthy Dogs and Cats: Simple Homemade Food I never knew by reading the label on dog food what was good or bad, now after learning about how dog food is made, what ingredients are most important and what I should avoid, I've started feeding "grain free" and as low a carbohydrate feed as I can find commercially. We must be careful that dog food isn't overrun by ingredients that have too many carbs like potatoes (sweet or otherwise) peas and grains. Dogs wouldn't get those in their natural diet unless in the stomach of prey. Be careful, when a food ingredient is listed on the label multiple times, the food is mostly that ingredient. So it could be all potato and not meat. Anyway... In an ideal world I would be cooking for my dogs, but I just don't have the time or the freezer space for that. After much research, trial and error, I've found Merrick's Whole Earth Farms Adult Chunky Loaf Dog Food, to have quality ingredients for a really decent price. While there's a slightly higher proportion of carbs from carrots, sweet potato and peas and a little less in protein, its a good place to start. My dogs love it, it smells good and I rotate this every other day with a higher quality feed Instinct Grain-Free Lamb Formula Canned Dog Food by Nature's Variety, 13.2-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12) to keep my costs down. This line of feed from Merrick is made with high quality ingredients and even though I leave kibble out all day, my pups dance around the bowl at dinner time to get this canned food. What's nice is that since they don't use grain or too many carbs, my dogs get good nutrition and their stool (yeah it gross but that's a factor in buying dog food) is more firm, small and less odoriferous. sometimes when changing food, you must introduce the new brand slowly so that their system can adjust. My allergy girl is doing well and I only have to treat seasonally when its really bad outside. If you'd like some help to determine if the food you buy is really good for your dog, I've found www(dot)DogFoodAdvisor(dot)com to be the best place for reviews of both wet and dry dog food. I may not agree with everything they say, but its a wonderful place to start. I know that your 4-legged friend will do well with this brand. The only reason it got 4 stars was that it needs a wee bit less in the carbs.
on April 2, 2012
Food looks good, and it is high quality with a good price. It does seem to be upsetting my dog's stomach, so I probably won't reorder. But he doesn't tolerate all foods well. For other dogs it should be great.
on July 21, 2012
One of my dogs has certain food allergies and therefore we have to be careful in what he eats. One dog is a Saluki and the other is a Westie. The ingredients look very wholesome and both dogs like it. I am impressed that Merrick came up with another line of dog food. Our dogs have been fans of their other products; we have tried their other wet and dry foods, as well as their treats. This one is more affordable for their everyday diet. My husband has given it thumbs up: doggy pate, but with not too much tartar. I am very pleased that we can get this through, Amazon along with free shipping.
on June 26, 2013
I combine this canned food with Merrick's Whole Earth Farms dry food. My Golden Retriever loves the taste. (Although, she also loves the taste of shoes. So, she may not be the best judge.) But, the true test is her health, which is perfect weight, lots of energy, and soft and shiny coat. Plus, her poops are firm and right-sized. And, as you know, the proof is in the pudding, or, in her case, lack thereof.

The current price of under $20 is extremely fair for 12 cans of quality dog food, shipped for free to your door. I have a monthly delivery subscription, along with an 8ld bag of the equally affordable dry food. Merrick Whole Earth Farms Adult Dry Fog Food, 8-Pound Bag The subscription saves me 5-15% off of the regular price, depending on how many items I have for that month's delivery. That makes it an even better deal.
on September 4, 2013
Serve this on toast points and your guests will be happy! (totally kidding) Seriously, it would be hard to find a human potted meat that is this quality plus this has veggies and fruits in it. I always hate to say this but for this product you can not beat the price for it's quality. I use this over their senior formula because of its better blend of meats and my pooches are about 12. I imagine that the dented cans issue is why the cost is low. Vanity isn't a reason not to purchase this product. Think of a scratch and dent sale, price is low just because of cosmetic damage not quality.
on December 25, 2013
I use 1/4 a can per meal for my two dogs. They love the whole earth farms dry food and I wanted to add a little flavor to their food and this did the trick. The first time I gave it to my boy he got it all over his face trying to get to the bowl as I was spooning it in. It is getting harder to find the dry food so I suppose I will be trading up for a different dry food soon, but this wet stuff I hope still sells on amazon because its a great deal.

Update: the whole earth farms dry food is changing up.I got a response from them in regards to Petco not selling the dry food anymore and this is what they wrote. "No, in fact you'll be happy to learn that Whole Earth Farms is expanding. Look for our new refreshed packaging; recipe enhancements to our dry food including Adult Recipe; and all grain-free canned items, including our new Hearty Stews, by mid-January. It's rolling out to stores soon.

In the meantime, if you are out of food we'd be happy to try and find you and your pup some. Simply contact our friendly pet parent relations team 1-800-664-7387 and they'll be happy to help."
on January 14, 2014
I was looking for a good quality dog food that I could mix easily with hard food and my dog's liquid glucosamine supplement. Also, I wanted something that was not quite as expensive since my dog eats two cans a day (can get pricey very quickly). I buy another canned dog food by Wild Wings (Bison). I think my dog actually prefers the taste of the Wild Wings but I switch it back and forth with this one and that keeps him happy. Overall very satisfied with this product and I will definitely buy again.
on January 27, 2013
I was looking for something different for my dog and thought I'd try Merrick. Just about every can was dented. It was like we got the rejects that couldn't be sold elsewhere. I know this has been an issue before and would have thought it was taken care of by now. Prices are rising, but quality is going down the tubes. Sad.
on September 25, 2013
I have two pups with finicky tastes buds! Merrick Whole Earth Farms did the trick! They absolutely love it. Sasha is a mixed breed with high energy. She looks like a fox crossed with a coyote. Beautiful. Took keep weight on her is unheard of! Since I started feeding her a can a day she's gained 1/2 pound! I'm very happy with this product and no more icky smells at night@!
on November 3, 2012
My dogs like this canned food. It is watery at room temperature, but I don't mind that since I use it to moisten dry food. And after refrigerating it, it solidifies enough to make it easy to insert and hold a medical pill. The cans come shipped in a standard flat, and some of the cans were dented but not severely. I'm satisfied and will continue to order for the time being, as long as it remains free shipping.
review image review image