Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on July 2, 2012
We have been purchasing this catfood ever since we got our kittens last October. They love #2,3, and 4. The ingredients seem fresh and there are no fillers...just natural protein. Our kitties have a ton of energy and seem very happy with it.
on July 28, 2013
After we had our boy cat contract feline leukemia last year, we started doing intensive research into cat health and discovered the horrors of most commercial, processed cat foods. Apart form doing a homemade raw foods diet, this brand was the absolute best solution available that we found. (A lot of the other "healthy" brands on the market, including those sold by vets, are anything but.) We immediately switched all of our cats (and our Maltese) to BG brand, and they love it! The cats are particularly keen on the chicken and turkey, surprisingly the beef and salmon were not as popular. They do sell this brand at PetCo, but the price per case is better on Amazon so we have 2 cases delivered per month. (One case per cat is just about right.) Just like with people, what cats put into their bodies has such a strong impact on their health and well-being, I really feel like they are doing better overall now. Our girl cat, who is 15 years old, still plays like a kitten and has a beautiful long shiny coat - so I think that speaks for itself.
on May 30, 2013
I love Merrick Before Grain wet food because they don't put anything extra/unnecessary in it. It's basically just meat and vitamins and other essential supplements. The Turkey flavor was one that my cat did eat (she rejected the Chicken flavor completely), but she didn't go crazy over it like she does the Quail flavor.
on January 29, 2013
Well, it's expensive, there's no doubt about that. I got my cat from my sister, who could no longer take care of him, and had always fed him Purina dry cat food like she did, but recently decided to try adding in some wet food to his diet. He goes nuts over Friskies, but I understand that's not too healthy so I wanted to supplement with a high-protein food, and he really loves this stuff. Like I say, I can't afford to feed it to him every meal, but I can swing it if I split it up with the Friskies, and I feel better knowing he's getting a good bit more healthy protein in his diet.
on July 15, 2013
All 3 of my cats love most of the varieties of Merrick Before Grain (chicken, turkey, salmon, quail). One of my cats throws up any food that contains grain & most other grain free wet foods are extremely pricey. Unfortunately Merrick is replacing BG with a more expensive range. I have stocked up enough for a few months & shall be experimenting to find a less expensive alternative that my cats will eat & keep down.
on August 18, 2013
PT. 1
I was very happy to have found Merrick. A seemingly all natural and grain free food for my cat. UNTIL my third purchase of their 96% Turkey. As soon as I opened a can I noticed the smell was off. Before, the food seemed nice enough for a human to consume. But NOW it smelled like GRAIN. Now this is what really threw me. HOW can a grain FREE food have such a grainy, earthy, cheap dog food like stench? Against my better judgement, I tried feeding it to my buddy anyway. He didn't want it anymore! Sadly I felt the need to use it still. (I payed $35 bucks and I need to pinch every penny I have) I didn't want to waste it. Well eventually, my buddy did eat some, and he got sick, and threw it back up...
Okay, so the food is uneatable... Noted.

PT. 2
So the food was unacceptable. But this is where Merrick REALLY lost me. I called in the service number. And it SEEMED that I was being understood and helped to the fullest. I explained the issue, gave them a number on the bottom of the can, and my information. I was told that I would have a brand new CASE of food shipped out to me. A week later I received an envelope from Merrick, containing four coupons, for four cans of food. This didn't begin to refund the amount of money I spent. and aside from that, this is not what I was told would be sent to me. Upset, I wrote Merrick an email explaining my frustration. I got an email back written in a patronizing tone saying, "If there's anything else we can do..." I simply explained that I felt ripped off to the fullest. Their solution was to offer me a check for HALF of my money back. Realizing that I was most likely NEVER going to be fully reimbursed for the CASE of food that I WASTED my money on, I conceded.

In the end, it was a bad batch and it made my cat sick. Was I willing to give Merrick another chance? Sure, I WOULD HAVE been willing. UNTIL they made false promises, patronized me, and (in my opinion) left me with no choice but to find a more honest and consistent pet food provider.
on July 6, 2013
This cat food is fantastic and our cats love it! It has really kept our cats energetic and they eat it right up when we put it down. Our cats usually don't like the paste style food, but this one has not deterred them.
on December 16, 2012
Good, normal food for cats. It doesn't have all the other stuff (aka, crap) that other foods has in it. My picky cat loves it and is doing well on it. Some of the cans come a bit dented so if they could make sure to not send dented cans in the future, I'd be happier.
on January 10, 2013
I have one finicky eater and one who will eat everything. Neither really wanted to eat this flavor. The beef and quail flavors never received the disappointed reaction of the turkey. When it was the next meal time, half of the can of turkey would always be remaining if it were served with a smaller can of another flavor. It got to the point where we had to serve only the turkey.

It's understandable that different cats will have different preferences, but we won't be buying this flavor again.
on July 15, 2013
My typically non-picky cat that will eat practically anything will not touch this stuff. Not sure what's in it, but he hates it. Doesn't even view it at as food. This is the same cat that will eat our dog's food if we don't watch him.