Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on April 4, 2012
Great song by Ellie Goulding. Upbeat, catchy, and not overplayed on the radio! Its a win-win-win! I usually listen to singer/songwriter or indie/alternative, and this is a great addition to my collection. Plus it cost less here than on iTunes!
on March 12, 2012
Awesome song! I can't stop listening to this song! Great beat and her voice is very different...one of a kind.
on March 9, 2014
First I hate reviewing music...if you dont like the sound bite you don't like the song. Thus I bought it BECAUSE I liked it. Second(since I have to have one)...I LOVED IT!
on December 9, 2012
My daughter just loves this song. I have to admit I really like it too and I'm more of a country and rock and roll type person. Not a big pop fan.
on February 24, 2014
Fantastic! This girl can sing! A hidden classic in the making, I can only hope she isnt a five hit wonder.
on September 13, 2012
I looked up Ellie's wiki to find that she's actually primarily a folk singer, so I was surprised and a little dismayed to think this might be a robustly-produced hit rather than a de facto dance tune. Moreover, her follow up single "Anything Could Happen" exposes Ellie's weak voice, lack of creative melodies and more overproduction. Still, this song is worth the download. The range of the melody is wide, and undulates; the electronica at the beginning and end sort of prepares you for the story, the message; they remind me of bubbles randomly forming and bursting; and before you know it the message and it's messenger are gone as quickly as they came. I look to songs to transport me somewhere, to put me in a different state, and this work of artistry does just that.
on July 28, 2013
I wasn't familiar with this artist until I heard a chill mix playlist that a friend of mind sent my way. This artist/song was one on his playlist, I heard it and instantly fell in love with it. Her voice and delivery as powerful, yet has a calming effect - particularly in this song. They are so many artist in this genre of music and Ellie Goulding definitely stands out as one who delivers fresh new vocals and sounds in this category of music. I am going to continue to listen to her and look forward to new music that she releases in the future. I would put her in the likes of Zero 7, Sia, Norah Jones and Vanessa Dou. He if you not heard Ellie Goulding's music, do yourself a favor and listen to this song and I think you will agree.
on December 1, 2012
As an ex-club DJ and now a SAHM (stay-at-home mom) I don't usually get to hear good new EDM (electronic dance music) - enter Pandora where I can hear new music just by creating a channel from some of my favorite artists. This is how I found out about Ellie Goulding's Lights - coming from a club background in drum & bass, techno, house/deep house; this song definitely appeals to my auditory tastes. The synth bells are a signature sound in this song creating an ethereal atmosphere in its introduction; followed by a strong and forceful bass and melodic lyrics that make this song a perfect blend of melody and sound. It is currently one of my favorites - that is why it gets 5 stars.
on July 1, 2012
I was up early one morning half asleep and channel surfing. I turned to VH1 and caught the end of this music video but unfortunately did not get the title or artist. Then I heard this on the radio, and luckily had soundscan on my phone to pinpoint this song. I never heard of Ellie Goulding before this song, but there was something enticing about the entire effort of "Lights" that called to me, and I had to have it. She's definitely a talented artist that chooses to perform music in a genre I don't listen to often, but I will definitely be listening to her. Definitely worth the purchase.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 24, 2013
This is one of those songs I'm embarrassed to admit I've purchased. I mean, it's so pop. Or disco. I have a hard time drawing the line with this one. In any case, it's an addictive listen where Goulding's ephemeral voice blends perfectly with the drumming beat, cool lyrics, and perfect everything else.

It's one of those songs where you can't make out the lyrics. But guessing only adds to the fun (which is why I haven't ever looked them up).

Highly recommend as an addition to the pseudo-disco files.