Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on December 2, 2012
I've set up accounts with Evernote, Springpad and Catch.
This one is my favorite despite the fact that it is less versatile and powerful than the other two, and this is why :

- simple interface
- fast
- not too many invasive permissions
- good privacy protection including local password
- simple timeline instead of a cluttered space

The problem with the more popular apps is they cram too much functionality into the interface, so you sometimes don't see the forest for the trees.
Not catch.
If there is any disadvantage using it at all, it's that it isn't yet too widely known, which means a discontinuance of service wouldn't lead to such an outcry as with Evernote, but I'm confident this provider will be around for a long time.
0Comment144 of 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2012
I have accounts with all the normal online/app journal things like evernote, etc. I honestly haven't used most of them beyond setting them up. I'm not really certain why I ended up using catch instead, but I did, and now.it is my go-to note app on my phone and fire.
0Comment97 of 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2012
I needed a place to store information and this works. On top of it I have the app on my phone, kindle and computer so they all sync together and I have information handy thru various means....like this app
0Comment85 of 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2013
Just one word to all those 1-Star-Reviewers bleating 'Fake!': I'm no dev, I'm no friend of a dev and I'm no relative of a dev. I'm the normal Every-Day-User on a SonyEricsson Xperia.
After having tried several notetaking apps, I finally landed on catch.com and was so satisfied, that I was willing to pay for premier. The app
- is fast und not as clumsy as similiar ones
- allows to take notes with text, photos or voice recordings or even file attachments
- allows creating checklists, notifications and reminders
- let me sort my notes in 'boxes' und create #hashtags to simplify searches
- can import .csv - files
- let me collaborate with others
- and synchronizes easily over its web Interface on my PC/ Laptop

Just one minor issue: the sorting of the boxes is not satisfying and needs some working over (e.g. allow customized sorting) . Then there will be my fifth review star.
on July 10, 2011
Be careful with permissions you give apps. There is no reason they need your location. This will cost them users.
22 comments22 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2011
Pretty good at what it says it does. I like being able to change the font size. A checklist or todo list would be great to have. One that allows you to mark off items.
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2013
I love Catch, and immediately after I started using it it replaced my other note-taking and list-making apps. Here's why:

-Organization: if you want to, you can organize your notes (written, audio, checklists, reminders, etc) into groups, or "spaces". This enables a clear, helpful organization. For example, I keep all my job-search notes in one space, with a different note for every company/conversation, all my personal notes (thoughts that come to mind...) in another, my shopping list in a third, and my to-do-list in the main bucket. You don't have to do this, and can just keep everything in the same space.
-Flexible: One of my favorite favorite things about the app is that you can access it from any device (smartphone, tablet, and computer. You can choose to stay logged in if you use gmail. And everything remains perfectly synced and organized, and will still be available when you're offline.
-Functional: what would you want written notes in one place, audio notes in another, reminders in a third? Well, you wouldn't necessarily. Catch enables you to collect them all in one app, in an organized way, without hassle or clutter. Beautiful and intuitive.

Super!
on April 1, 2013
This app is a plus to all tablet users. I use this all the time especially when I go shopping. It is a very good app. The best thing I like from this app is that you can line out or cross out the item you already purchase by just checking the box. It will do it for you. And there are many more.
on July 14, 2011
This app should be banned... i suspect most positive reviews here are by devs or friends of the devs. BE WARNED!! This app may contain virus or similar. It managed to kill my droid. After adding a widget I was no longer able to go to home anymore. Everytime I tried i got a msg saying a certain android process has crashed with only clickable option being 'force close'. Clicking that option seems to let the process restart but it fails again and this goes on forever. i havd to reset my phone. I lost all my other wonderful apps. This is a rogue app and i am not even sure if it has anything to do with notes. i do have a great notes app called 'colour notes'. this one is an unforgettable garbage, I've learned my lessons and won't jump to install any free app out there even if there are positive reviews for it. These cannot be trusted for the lack of quality control in app store. Such rogue apps should not be allowed in.
0Comment20 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2013
I like it how everything is saved on the cloud, and the app is on Android, kindle, and ios appstore.