Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on March 27, 2014
Not a screen goes by without some kind of social media integration icon bouncing up and down like a Jack Russell friggin terrier, urging you to spam all your friends with links back to this app.
0Comment|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2011
I liked Alchemy, then I read that Doodle God was even better, so I downloaded the free version from the Google Market. It worked well on my Evo 3D, and when I checked Amazon and found it available here, I decided to purchase it.

Unfortunately, Amazon's version of the game is VERY far behind Google's. The version Google has is 1.4.1.3, Amazon's is only 1.3. It appears Amazon's version hasn't been updated in over 5 months! Alas, this version does NOT work properly on my Evo 3D.

It's a great game, but don't buy it from Amazon, get it from Google if you ever hope to see updates. I only hope Amazon will give me my money back.

EDIT: The game finally got updated on Amazon, but now it's utterly broken. This version has actually been pulled from Google by the developer because of all the problems, but slowpoke Amazon still has the defective version.

2nd EDIT: There is a new update which supposedly fixes the force close issue (I haven't tried it out yet). The current version is 1.4.2.4, which actually puts it ahead of Google (which still reports version 1.4.1.6) at the moment. Only time will tell whether the developer will keep the Amazon version up to date or if it will fall behind like in the past.
44 comments|237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon March 27, 2014
Maybe I was over expecting. I had at first an idea that this may be like the old classic Populous. Ah, no. Logical (sort of) tile combining.

The usual 2 Privacy permissions, Phone ID and USB - obviously developed for phones, as only portrait mode is available. No malware is present currently (I say currently as apparently there was an issue a year ago).

IAPs are present, but thankfully demarcated by the universal "shopping cart" icon. You start off with 1000 game coins to purchase hints or unlock side games with, and timed regenerating hints keep you going without being overly tempted to buy hints.

Rather nice artwork, pithy remarks with each successful combination, logical connections (kind of) even with the more outlandish combinations (weapons + void = deathstar), and apparently daily renewed Artifact mini game along with unlockable puzzles, quests, and more mini games.

The reason I don't sound excited is because... I'm not. I played for an hour, got 28 elements, completed the first mini-game, and I'm done. Half the time was spent in random mish-mash; once in a while, a brilliant flash of insight would lead me to an interesting combination (sun + glass for a vampire's gift, I r smrat!), but after all that, I'd rather play something else other than trying to combine tiles to make more tiles to only then spend hours trying combinations of tiles to get another... ya. Your Mileage May Vary.
on July 8, 2013
Have you ever been so bored that you are having a hard time keeping enough tissue around to wipe the drool off your face? Tired of playing Mahjong and solitaire on your computer? Then you might be so computer illiterate that you could enjoy this game.

The object of this game is to touch two different pictures in the vague hope that you might get a new picture. When you do, you can then use that picture to combine with your old ones to make still others. Oh the joy! Rapture!

Personally, I quickly discovered that the most efficient use of my time was to match each picture item by item until something new popped up. There was no rhyme or reason to it. Just keep clicking until something happens. By that point, I was about 30 minutes into the game and made the decision to delete it never to look back. And now I have written this review so that you need not suffer. Aren't I nice?
I have a few problems with this app.

* First, it did nothing for me personally. I just considered the game play to be mechanical, random, and boring.

* Second, so will kids like it? It doesn't matter. Unless you want to school them on age inappropriate language and other content. If you want a developer to control when you expose your kids to certain concepts and language instead of having input on that yourself, go for it.

* Third, there has been some discussion that the Amazon version of this app is waiting for an update to catch up with the Google version. I'd be a bit leery about that. The permissions for this app don't appear bad at this time. But this dev has been rightfully slammed for intrusive permissions in some of their other apps, which include things like both fine and coarse GPS location and in app purchases (in apps aimed at kids). I prefer not to have this app updated and find that they've slid in the intrusive permissions that permeate their other apps. For example, those intrusive permissions are STILL IN Doodle Farm three months after Amazon customers made it plain that we don't appreciate them. So I have no confidence that this or any other app from this developer won't grow those permission in an update.

I downloaded the thing to take a legitimate look for writing a review, but it's going right back off my account as soon as I submit this.

Not recommended.
on June 27, 2014
Every now and then, some obscure game publisher or developer makes something original.

Among the "casual gamers," we've seen this in games like Plants vs. Zombies, and Bejeweled... Doodle God is up there for me. It's interesting, it's sometimes funny in its own way such as combining elements like (SPOILER) the fruit apple + gold = cell phone.

You'll find yourself addicted, and perhaps guilty an hour later as you still struggle to combine elements and make the world you know and live in. The mini-games on this app were well worth their playing value as well.

It CAN be even somewhat of an educational tool with your kid, as you explain perhaps why the game-makers decided two elements formed its product element.

It sells a lot, and rates high for a reason. It's addictive, fun, and worth it.
on March 27, 2014
I downloaded this game despite reading all the reviews, good and bad. After downloading, even before I opened the app, it made me crash out of every other app that i opened. MAJOR flaws need to be fixed. I always give the "FAOTD" a chance. What the heck, they are free. But you couldn't pay me to reinstall this one. I can't give any input on the gameplay or graphics or anything else for that matter. Only that it really messed with my tablet. I play on a kindle fire HD. Hope this helps. Cheers !!!
on March 20, 2012
Problem fixed great game
Same problem. 28 elements and force close. Hope you fix this soon so you can get 5 stars.
In your comments you asked for 5 stars to keep the updates coming. I think if you update it you will get the 5 stars coming.
11 comment|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2014
I only gave it four stars is because, I did not like the icon or titles for each element. I have played this kind of game before and it showed all the elements. This does not, you have to remember where a certain element is then open that icon up and start mixing. I do enjoy this game, it is not for young children with some of the elements that it show, IE: sex. besides all that it is a great game, have fun and enjoy.
on June 29, 2014
This game is fun, but only for a while. I find it entertaining until I get stuck, and then hours can go by with me staring at the screen. There are a couple problems, such as the alcoholism displayed to children playing this game, but I personally have had no problems with the game force shutting down or glitching.
All in all, it's a pretty cool game, just not for the younger ages.