Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on April 28, 2012
This Callaway Rangefinder is as good as it gets. Light weight, fast, accurate and reasonably priced. It has a clear viewfinder, picks up the flag or object very quickly and is as accurate as anything on the market. Callaway got it right with this baby. It beats the Bushnell (V2)hands down at a better price with better feautures. I don't miss my old GPS unit at all and am very happy with my purchased.
on July 17, 2012
First off, I don't know where those Sky Caddy commercials get off saying that people find their product up to 20 percent more accurate than lasers. This laser is money in the bank! I use swing by swing gps for my android and compare it to this laser and the android is a liar. But the GPS units cannot be blamed for this, who knows where the greens keeper put the hole that day? Front, back, middle, it could be as much as 40 yards off from center of green, not to mention the margin of error on where the gps thinks you are versus where you actually are. That being said, if you are not a complete idiot, you can use this laser to get a super accurate reading 100 percent of the time from within about 240 yards. After 240 you might be able to get the pointer on the stick long enough to get a reading, but its super hard. I hear people complain all the time that they get readings to things behind the flag stick like trees, or knolls or whatever. Well, if you are not stupid, and take a stick reading then aim the laser way off the stick and shoot the distance to the background objects then back to the stick to confirm the shorter reading, there is really no way you can go wrong. With a little bit of intelligence youll never have a problem with this range finder. I cant imagine playing a round without it anymore, I use it on every approach shot I take, and even some longer putts. It's just amazing.
on June 30, 2012
I have been using the Callaway Golf Diablo Octane Rangefinder for one month. I had previously used a GolfLogics GPS but wanted better accuracy on distance to the pin. Added bonuses are that I don't have to download and install courses, nor do I pay a yearly fee like I did with the GPS. The Diablo works flawlessly: it is fast, accurate and very easy to use. At age 62, I had been concerned that I would not be steady enough to hold it on the flagstick, but that has been a non-issue due to the way it picks up the closest object. I just sweep it across the stick to get yardage. I also read other reviews about problems with the eye piece and battery door; however, neither has not been a problem for me. I use the included "skin", which covers the battery compartment and have the Diablo clipped to my golf bag for easy access, and it has held up well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this rangefinder.
on November 21, 2012
It is obviously built with that great Nikon quality and precision that I love. Clear, bright optics through a sufficiently sized viewfinder. The crosshairs and distance indicator are easy to read. And it comes with a nylon jacket protector which I didn't notice in the included contents list, so that was a nice bonus.

The only reason I give it a 4-star is because I'm waiting for the 'vibration reduction' version to come out. If you are 200 yards out, you may find it difficult to get a "locked in" reading because I find it very difficult to keep it absolutely steady. (Except those times I happen to be hitting from beside or behind a tree, which I can use to steady myself...)
on August 9, 2012
I had a Bushnell Medalist for a few years and it was fine, but was starting to get erratic and have trouble locking on the pin (flag). After looking at the reviews, the Callaway Diablo Octane looked like the best choice for me. I wanted a good, reliable golf laser rangefinder. I really like the Diablo Octane. It is small, light, and very fast. Much faster to get the distance than the Bushnell. It also seems to be able to pick out smaller targets than the Bushnell. I also like the feature that you can point to several targets and get multiple distances quickly. It does not have all the fancy features of other rangefinders, but it is fast, accurate, and tournament legal. Also, I found the price on Amazon was lower than other on line sites.
on May 10, 2012
This product is great! Picks up the pin relatively quickly despite what others say. Does not have the lock on feature but it doesn't really matter. You can tell if it's in the target pin or behind it. Although this does not have the slope features as some of the bushnell products, definitely worth $250. Super fast and quick and I can measure other objects ie. sand traps and trees. Highly recommended, unless you want the slope feature which is like having a caddy. Also slope feature is not legal for tournament play, but let's face it, how many of us are that good.
on November 28, 2012
Great Product!! Love it! Only thing is there is no lens cover!!!!!!!!!! So if you travel or leave in your bag, your lens could easily be dirtied or damaged. There's not even a way to buy a cover for the lens..
on July 23, 2013
I've had this rangefinder for 6 months. At first it worked as expected. I chose this rangefinder because it is made by Nikon and I have had a positive relationship with their products. This Calloway Diablo rangefinder was an inferior product:

After 4 months the battery cap was not secure.
I tried to get the cap to make contact but was unsuccessful.
Nikon sent me a new cap but it didn't work.
After sending the rangefinder back to Nikon they claimed it was damaged because of a tiny nick on the back edge of the case. If this product can not sustain the regular motion of placing the unit in and out of the golfcart cup holder, it must be made for a delicate and very contientious person handling this dainty product. Most golfers that use rangefinders have a Bushnell. Some are over 10 years old and work perfectly. My recommendation is stay away from the Nikon rangefinder. Not worth the money or aggrevation!
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2013
I've had this rangefinder for a few weeks now. Very impressed. It is extremely easy to pick out any target and get an accurate reading within seconds. Hitting the flagstick over 200 yards away is just as easy as 50 yards away. Easily picks up the flagstick, trees, or simply any spot on the ground. After buying this rangefinder, I shot my lowest round ever. Highly recommend this product to any golfer at any skill level.
on February 25, 2012
I love this rangefinder, it is just the right size for a man to grip. The 6 X magnification makes it easy to zero in on a target and the large LCD display is easy to read even for a guy with glasses and bifocals. I am very satisfied with this unit and would purchase it again on Amazon which had the best price!