Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 18, 2011
Product received in two days and in new like condition. I could not discriminate between this item and a brand new gun. I have shot through 500 staples and the stapler works like a charm. To top off the kudos, this recon package included 1000 1" 18 guage staples. Best of all, the package price was litterally a steal!
on November 25, 2011
The Factory-Reconditioned Bostitch U/SX1838K 18-Gauge Narrow-Crown Stapler that we ordered and received in the very timely manner was a disappointment! We have ordered several things from Amazon in the past and have always been happy or satisfied with the service and products. Reconditioned items have usually been excellent and many have looked new. This one however appears to be a used return! The stapler did not have the clip/sharpener, correct manual, swivel air fitting and looked as though it had come from a construction tool box site. Beyond being excessively dirty, it had smears of construction glue on it, the air fitting was a worn out straight connection, the head showed signs of excessive wear and rounding. We were replacing one of our older Bostitch oil and non adjustable setting staplers that looked 100 percent better than this one. We immediately sent it back (An Amazon Supplier) and we did receive an immediate refund. For this reason we did give the 2 star rating. While it may have been the exception to the rule we did order the same unit from another vender for less and it arrived in new condtion. Again the Amazon customer service has always been outstanding.
on December 7, 2011
i was blown away when i received my purchase, it looked like it was brand new!

it arrived before the promised delivery date.

i was very impressed with the whole purchase, not only was it a smooth transaction, it was a great value! i was in Lowe's after purchasing mine and i checked the price, it was about $60 bucks higher.

the stapler was better than i expected, not only cosmetically, but all of the extra were there as well.

the stapler works like a champ!

I would recommend it to anyone!!!!

thanks

Thomas
on August 26, 2011
I bought this staple gun for use around the home. Works perfect, no problems. Looked brand new. Would highly recommend..!!
on August 24, 2012
When I've purchased reconditioned items in the past, it has meant that the factory did a tear-down, inspection, replaced worn components, and then signed off on it as being "good-as-new". Other write-ups refer to people that purchased this item through CPO. I bought it directly from Amazon so I'm guessing the culprit has to be the Bostitch factory.

They did put the stapler in a brand-new case, the the stapler itself was grungy. It doesn't appear any sort of quality review was done, except possibly testing that it could shoot a staple. At this point, I'm planning on returning the stapler because I can have no idea of what condition the stapler is really in... The stapler body shows heavy wear so all I know is I might have a unit that is near the end of its life cycle.
on March 23, 2012
Unit arrived with trigger tab locked in down position preventing unit from operating. It also did not include staples which were included in description. Called vendor and was told that description was wrong and staples are not included. I could send malfunctioning unit back and get replacement. Since I wanted to use the gun, I took it to the local Dewalt/Bostitch store and had it repaired under warranty (but that took 5 days).

Gun now works good but not the best buying experience.
on April 1, 2015
Powerfull. Like new cond..buy it. This baby fires 1 1/2 staples flawlessly. Sinks em everytime. Auto stop when empty. This reconditioned unit looks new operates like new for half price.. building is fun again..no more hammers for me..update. may 2015..i have beat the crap out of this tool..fired thousands of staples..continues to operate flawlessly
on September 1, 2015
My Porter-Cable stapler blew a diaphragm, and I needed a replacement quick. This item is $40 more at big-box, but that's new. The threads were galled where someone has previously installed a fitting, probably with no Teflon tape. Re-tapped and was back in business. I love this thing, and won't buy another Porter-Cable. This, like my other Bostitch nailer, just feels better. By contrast, the P-C feels more like a toy, and would have cost $50 just for a rebuild kit. This was a no-brainer. Would buy again (refurbished), and would recommend to a friend.
on April 30, 2015
I was a little nervous about buying a reconditioned tool online. I guess if it is a gamble to do that then I won. I've only used it a couple of times but it arrived quickly, in good condition and works well. I'm happy with this purchase.
on August 6, 2013
I don't know how this tool got sent back because it must have been well outside its return date. I have used nail guns all my life and this gun has been well used, scratched, and abused. The hex wrench was stripped on one end and the bolts were tightened so tightly I still can't take it apart for inspection. Kind of disappointed, I should have bought new.