Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on March 15, 2012
I like this thermometer a lot. It is easy to read, comes up to temp in about 6-8 seconds and seems accurate though I don't have a way to test that. The plastic depth gauge on the probe, which can be set to the center depth when testing something (like a meat roast) repeatedly, is a good feature I've never seen before. I recommend this thermometer.
on August 19, 2011
Bought this thermometer thinking it would be a quick easy way to check the temperature of our meat, chicken and hamburgers while cooking. Sticking the probe into the meat and waiting almost 5 minutes for the temperature to rise and stabilize is not acceptable. Disappointed.
on May 29, 2014
I do a lot of cooking on my Webber Gas Grill and always had a difficult time judging wheter or not the meat was cooked enough. This thermometer did the trick, everything I cook is done just the way I like it. No more burned over cooked food.
on October 11, 2013
Was not as good or fast as a previous 9.00 fork I had. Took too long to show temp. and was 2 deg. off.
I thought it would be instant read and reading to be back light and more visable. Dissapointed.
on November 6, 2013
The product is really nifty. I like the fact it turns off automatically when you close it. It gives an almost instant read (4-6 seconds) and has worked just fine for us. Would recommend without question.
on November 27, 2015
This worked great for a short while (1 month or so?) and then stopped working. I changed the battery (not an easy thing to do), but nothing. It refused to read anything. It does take a short time to read (maybe 60 seconds) but I consider that relatively normal. I do not like that it broke so easily.
on August 28, 2011
This is a nice product and seems to be very accurate. The rubber guide on the probe is too loose to be really effective, but that doesn't effect the main purpose of the product.
on November 25, 2012
Great product exactly what I needed shipped in a prompt timely manner. Anything you may need a temp on from water to steak, this is the item you need!
on December 29, 2014
Classic example of adding electronics to a simple kitchen device resulting in a device that is bulkier and less capable than the simpler mechanical device it is designed to replace. The plastic case, battery, and push to-read button mean that you can't insert this into a piece of meat and close the oven door as you can with a mechanical thermometer. Instead, you have to keep opening the oven door to use - resulting in wide oven temperature fluctuations.

Save yourself the money and buy a $6 dollar classic instant read mechanical thermometer. In fact buy yourself two or three.
on May 23, 2016
I bought this thermometer first at Bass Pro Shops and when it broke after lots of use the hubby had to have another one just like it. I found the exact same one here for a great price!