Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Style: 2 Panel Add-ons for 4 Panel Pen|Color: White|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 5, 2013
I love how easy this playpen is to put together and it looks nice, HOWEVER, my little 1lb yorkie puppy climbs out of this thing like a monkey. She can easily use the little squares to climb up it like a ladder putting each paw in each square, she then falls out once she's on top. I can no longer keep her in there unattended and ordered the mesh roof. Hopefully this will help.
review image
1212 comments|566 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2008
This product is absolutely INCREDIBLE. I have a chihuahua who's almost 11 years old, and has occasional accidents. Since having the carpeting replaced, and not wanting to put her into a claustrophobic kennel (just seemed wrong), I went for this product. It's so roomy! and the design is feminine, sturdy, lightweight and open. The gate is so well made and very cute and useful.

For those of us who work and need to keep our pets in a controlled area when we can't watch for accidents, this pet pen is a lifesaver and my dog absolutely loves it. There's enough room for a oil-filled heater, her large burrow bed and blankets, water bowl, bone-chewing/play area. Also, I sectioned off a small area for her potty pads. This way she doesn't have to "hold it" when I'm gone for longer periods of time. The pen is so roomy, that there's plenty of distance between the potty pads, her bed, and water dish. You can also customizing the shape of the pen. It's the greatest!

In terms of waterproofing, I lined the bottom with a shower curtain from the dollar store and topped with a queen-sized quilt. It's soft and comfy and accident-proof! Even my cat sneaks in there to catch a few winks.

This is so much better than a kennel or keeping your pet in the bathroom while you're away.

Good luck, and hope you enjoy this attractive and functional pet pen.

PRODUCT UPDATE: October 3, 2009

The Iris pen has stood the test of time, and has saved my dog from having to be in a confined, oppressive area while I'm away at work during the day. Today, I am purchasing another of these pens, which will serve as fencing around the patio of my small cottage. Can't think of a more perfect weather resistant, durable, SAFE fence for my dog (and cat who can't jump high distances) to play within outdoors. Two of these pens linked together will provide a rather large fenced area (over 12 feet).

From a distance, the fencing appears as a picket fence and really enhances the look of my patio. This will not only serve to keep the pets safe, but will wash up with a hose, never dry rot or warp. Will cover a portion of the fencing with some type of tarp for when it rains.

Still say this is the best purchase I've ever made on Amazon, and I buy lots of stuff.

Hope this review was useful.
2020 comments|636 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2015
This is one of the best things I ever bought!! I have it with the e-z Whelp pads which is another very good purchase and the Puppy Go Here Dog Litter Pan. My daughter says that Onyx has his own little condo set up in the house. He goes and comes when ever he feels like it except for night when i have the gate secured. He sleeps till the 6 or 7 in the morning when its time to put the food and water down back in and he is happy as a clam. Onyx is a 3lb maltipoo he may gain another lb or 2 before its all over but for my dog this is just perfect!!!!.

Got it on Friday March 21 (3days ago) and so far no issues yet. No knocking over or trying to climb out. At first I had the puppy pad holder in the pen which I didn't like because after folding the pad to fit the holder, there was hardly any room for him to use on the pad. Then I just put the pad down with the top and left side blue edges of the pad secured by the iris pen. The pen is heavy enough to hold the pad down and keep him form pulling it out. If i had a girl dog I might have just stayed with that but since males are prone to raise their leg at a certain age I got the litter pan. Now everything is right in puppy land!!!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2009
I originally got the smaller (shorter) version, but my 7 weeks chocolate lab jumped over it in 3 days. So I purchased this one and it's amazing! It's 8 panels, but I am using only 6 panels for her pen, and the other two I am using as a divider on the porch, etc. My pup is now 11 months, 67 lbs, and she loves her little "kennel". It's her dining room, and her bedroom. She sleeps in it overnight, and during the day when I am not home for 2-4 hours. I still don't trust her to leave her running outside my place, because she would wrestle with my other dog, and it could get too wild without my supervision. The pen is a blessing sent to puppy/dog owners!!!
review image review image
55 comments|334 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2015
I love this thing i got the 8 panel but currently am only using six to make it smaller. Im using it for our german shepherd puppy in the mist of potty training. Alot of people including me was wondering the actual size. So im attaching a picture next to my full grown german shepherd to guide you. Please remember i dont have all the sides up that it came with
review image
22 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2007
I purchased this for my little yorkshire terrier to stay in when we all leave the house to go to work. Its wonderful. It is the perfect size and doesnt take up alot of room. My little dog likes to jump up and stand against the walls of this product and they dont fall or shake so it is very sturdy yet very light. It took me a minute to assemble the product and the little door makes it so great we leave it open and my little dog goes in and comes out when he wants. This is a great buy and cheap too.
44 comments|226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 25, 2009
**** Editing review 6 years later:

11/19/14
My Maltese is still using this pen and it's in perfect working order. He hasn't jumped out or managed to escape. And he's not easily trainable (I can't get him to stop barking lol) This has been the best pet investment I have made and recommend it whole heartedly.

I've been using this pen for about 6 wks now. At first I had a metal ex-pen but I didn't like that for various reasons. I'd added pictures to show what it looks like in real use. My Maltese pup is about 5lbs. I bought a piece of waterproof building material (shower pan liner from a home building supply store sold by the foot at the cost of $10) to line my pen with for easy clean up and to protect my wood floors from spills. Here's a list of my pros and cons.

PROS:
~ Easy to move around, lightweight, folds flat to quickly stash behind a couch when company comes over
~ Attractive for indoor use
~ Will not scratch floors and does not have sharp edges like the metal ex-pens
~ Quiet, not squeaky and noisy like the metal ex-pen
~ Easy open latches on the door
~ Expandable, you can buy a second pen and add panels to make it bigger
~ Easy to reach over to put food in, get dog out, etc.

CONS:
~ Short and an active dog could easily get out
~ A little small at 3' x 3' but you can purchase another unit to add panels to it. The addition of a crate would make this pen seem a little bit cramped
1616 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2014
So far good fit our situation and the quality is great.
review image review image
66 comments|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2012
I bought this because my dog figured out how to climb out of the cage. It fits perfectly. I have mine velcro'd not on very top, but on next part down. Nice tight fit. My dog can not climb out, can not get to it to chew it up. All the neg. reviews I think has to do with the fact that this cage and mesh top is not made for huge dogs. The muscular dogs can move the cage and most likely tall enough to chew it up. SMALL dogs only. If you have a small dog, you will love this addition. Price is 'right' as well.
on March 15, 2015
This play pen so sooooo useful. We have eight panels and it stays in the kitchen . Our puppy likes it . We let the door open . She has her toys and her bed in it . So she goes there from time to time and it is no problem when we need to go out . She goes in her bed and waits for us. A great item , very good quality and so easy to built, I could do it and I am far from being a technical person !!