Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Color: White|Style: 2-Panel Add-on for 4-Panel Pen|Change

on January 22, 2015
Our Maltese weighs in at about 12 pounds - he's something of a bruiser. We occasionally need to leave him at home for short periods of time and Sam has separation anxiety - he scratches doors and door mouldings if we leave him loose. We got one of these 4 panel pens instead of locking him up in a crate and thought we'd found the perfect solution, but after a few times left in the pen Sam learned how to push on the corner causing the pen to change from a square to a slim diamond shape. Twice he got pinned in the diamond and once he succeeded in tipping it over and crawling out from underneath. We then had to block the pen in with some fairly heavy items so he couldn't move it and form the diamond shape. I've read other reviews here complaining of the same issue. To me, the pen's convenience is lost when one has to place heavy items around it so that a rambunctious pup can't foil it. The manufacturer should make corner brackets of some kind to prevent the folding of the pen by the pup but it appears they don't and I couldn't find brackets that would fit easily.
I have, however, found a solution that I'll pass along here. The items used are inexpensive, OK looking and easily produced by anyone with a little DIY experience. I decided to try adding two flat bars criss-crossed at the top of the pen and held in place by the "Pins" used to join the walls. I used some flat vinyl screen moulding from Home Depot that is 3/4" wide and 8' long. Description is "1/4 x 3/4 x8 PVC 6578 White". With the pen squared up using a measuring tape the pins are approximately 48 3/4" apart diagonally. You'll need two 8' pieces of this moulding as the overall length of each one will be about 50" long. With the 50" pieces cut and 1/2" holes drilled 48 3/4" apart at each end, you're ready to remove the corner "pins" from the pen one at a time and mount the crossmember pieces at the top. The photos attached will show this simple operation.
The pen is now rigid and Sam can't fold it into the diamond shape. He can still push the pen around on a smooth floor but I'm ok with that - we have no stairs or anything. If I want to keep him in one spot, I can just put the pen on a carpet and he's unable to move it much.
If you have the "diamond" problem, try this quick fix. It'll do until the manufacturer addresses the problem with some proper removable corner brackets. The pen is wonderful otherwise.
review image review image review image review image
88 comments| 565 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2015
This is one of the best things I ever bought!! I have it with the e-z Whelp pads which is another very good purchase and the Puppy Go Here Dog Litter Pan. My daughter says that Onyx has his own little condo set up in the house. He goes and comes when ever he feels like it except for night when i have the gate secured. He sleeps till the 6 or 7 in the morning when its time to put the food and water down back in and he is happy as a clam. Onyx is a 3lb maltipoo he may gain another lb or 2 before its all over but for my dog this is just perfect!!!!.

Got it on Friday March 21 (3days ago) and so far no issues yet. No knocking over or trying to climb out. At first I had the puppy pad holder in the pen which I didn't like because after folding the pad to fit the holder, there was hardly any room for him to use on the pad. Then I just put the pad down with the top and left side blue edges of the pad secured by the iris pen. The pen is heavy enough to hold the pad down and keep him form pulling it out. If i had a girl dog I might have just stayed with that but since males are prone to raise their leg at a certain age I got the litter pan. Now everything is right in puppy land!!!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2014
We bought 2 and combined it into one to give our puppy extra room to walk. Although one would be fine for a small Pomeranian, but since we leave him in his crib most of the day so we wanted him to move around. Easy to assemble and transport!
review image
11 comment| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2015
review image
33 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2015
I wanted to love this as soon as it arrived. It was a nice size I thought it would be perfect for my 2lb Pomeranian. However the first day I put her in it she was able to jump out. I had to think quickly how to make this work, so I decided to attach cardboard to cover the top to make a barrier. I though about buying the cover that goes with this pen however it had horrible reviews. After I added the cardboard to the top it is now perfect. Rating this a 3 due to the extra addition I had to add to make it work.
review image
11 comment| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2014
Great quality and spacious for my small shih tzu.
on October 22, 2012
I bought this because my dog figured out how to climb out of the cage. It fits perfectly. I have mine velcro'd not on very top, but on next part down. Nice tight fit. My dog can not climb out, can not get to it to chew it up. All the neg. reviews I think has to do with the fact that this cage and mesh top is not made for huge dogs. The muscular dogs can move the cage and most likely tall enough to chew it up. SMALL dogs only. If you have a small dog, you will love this addition. Price is 'right' as well.
on January 23, 2015
Rafael likes his playpen. I got it a couple days ago and I recommend it to anyone with a small dog who's not yet house broken. It's simple yet looks well made and isn't an eyesore like the metal cages. Hopefully it last the test of time but so far so good.
review image review image
on March 27, 2015
This mesh cover is cheap and terribly made. I even purchased the cable ties as a reviewer had suggested and that didn't even stop my little Maltipoo from ripping it apart (see photos). I liked the "idea" of the pen because of it's size (very roomy) but my dog kept jumping out. Hence, the purchase of this cover. I just ordered an iCrate instead. Hopefully that will work out better for us!
review image review image
on March 2, 2015
This playpen is awesome. I also bought the dark gray one, the mesh top and 2 whelping pads. It's large enough for her to move around and play and it looks great too! I leave the top on and only take her out through the gate as not to give her any ideas about climbing out. It is very well made and simple to assemble. Highly recommend.