Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on December 9, 2011
I second the other reviewer's remark about the cost. FYI ,this basket contains 3 bars and 2 bags. Individual bars can be found at some local Walmarts (I live at SF bay area so this may not be the case at other regions) at 2.50 each (I live at San Francisco bay region)and bags < 3. Total price comes to ~16 w/ tax. Perhaps the online (when on sale) cost might be justifiable for people living at some other region considering shipping. Taste is fairly good even the ones with high cacao content (not bitter).
on November 29, 2011
I found the basket to be mediocre. There wasn't much imagination in it, and I don't believe it warranted much of a premium price above the materials and the chocolate.
on December 27, 2013
The chocolate is awesome but the amount is VERY little so the cost made it a bad deal for us. I purchased this as a gift for my husband and all I can say is this product is way overpriced and I even purchased it on a lightening deal and it was still too expensive. I have purchased Ghiradelli on numerous occasions so I know that you have to pay for good chocolate ,but there are so few pieces in each bag and only 5 choices. It just wasn't worth the money for us.
on February 14, 2012
The quality of the chocolate is fine but the headline on the product claims 2.3 pounds of Ghirardelli dark chocolate. There is actually just over a pound and, after reading further in the item description once the product was received, the exact weight of each item DOES exist down lower in the product description. I doubt any false advertising was intended about the quantity but the fact remains that the quantity of candy is much less than the headline of the ad claims.

The packaging is nothing more than a vinyl covered paper basket with a very light ribbon tied around it. If you removed the plastic wrap and retied the ribbon it would look like the ad photo and be okay for presentation but definitely not a "keeper" on the basket.

Again, the dark chocolate was good but the problem with the inaccurate description on quantity makes it hard to rate this any better than a 3. Ghirardelli is decent chocolate but it's no bargain @ $25-30 a pound.
22 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2011
The chocolate was all packaged nicely. I gave it for Christmas and just dropped it in a bag and it was, of course, delicious!
VINE VOICEon February 18, 2014
I got this gift basket for my daughter-in-law who loves dark chocolate. She was over-the-moon with gratitude and has told me that she is really enjoying the chocolates, although she is rationing them so she won't run out too quickly.
on March 9, 2014
Deep flavors. Smooth chocolate. Tastes very good. Would have liked more of it inside the package. Basket is nice too. Would definitely purchase this chocolate time and time again.
on February 28, 2014
Sent this to a woman in HR that is obsessed with dark chocolate. I didn't eat any of it but she tells me that she is in heaven.
on February 19, 2014
Dark chocolate, intense...... I dare anyone to eat some of the 96 cocoa chocolate and then say this basket isn't awesome.
on April 25, 2013
This basket is a perfect gift. A wonderful sampling of many styles that allow a flavor a day for a week.
Thank you.